70 percent of the nba game is decided by which team shoots better from the 3 ……

OneManGang

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I didn’t say you only liked the 90s NBA because it’s old or that it was a bad thing to like it.

I’m saying y’all are emotionally attached to that time period of the NBA and refuse to let it go and move on
But you’re making a statement that’s neither factual nor relevant to the conversation of what I quoted. How can you tell me I’m emotionally attached to an era when I’m just saying 90s basketball was indeed enjoyable? It like me quoting you and out the blue saying You’re emotionally attached to bad faith arguments.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
It’s because the game is basically gambling. Just shoot 3s and hope you make them. It’s why games start to snowball real quick if one team starts to miss. They don’t adjust and take higher percentage shots or try to get to the FT line. The just keep putting money down on the 3 ball :snoop:
As opposed to what just shooting midrange and hoping you make it? :heh:

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But you’re making a statement that’s neither factual nor relevant to the conversation of what I quoted. How can you tell me I’m emotionally attached to an era when I’m just saying 90s basketball was indeed enjoyable? It like me quoting you and out the blue saying You’re emotionally attached to bad faith arguments.

If you can’t see how 90s/00s nostalgia isn’t relevant to this thread or the narratives around the NBA on this site then it’s a lost cause :manny:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I don’t think anyone wants to go back to games with the final score being Knicks 82 Pacers 76. But the shyt today also isn’t fun to watch. Ratings and fan discourse show that people don’t like what they’re seeing right now.
The ratings were trash when scores were that low.

The fan discourse sucks because fans were beat over the head non-stop with back in my day talk unchecked by the higher ups.

There’s nothing wrong with the NBA it’s second most popular sport in America and third most popular league behind NFL and CFB.

NBA fans the majority don’t know what they’re watching. People solely watch to create narratives and hate on individual players.

Last edited:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
It's a problem when you have guys shooting better from the 3 than the 2 like Curry often has :mjlol:

In more normal circumstance it is a problem if the risk adjusted expected return of shooting a 3 is higher than going for a 2.

But as we are seeing with SGA, or the 3 best players in the league Giannis, Embiid and Jokic, it's not necessarily the only way. Also the two young American powers in Zion and Ja.

We'll see if they let players defend properly in the future, a lot of guys are just waiting to get 3 FTs and equally a lot of guys are dead scared to foul touch someone far out pause