A little story from Raekwon’s new book “From Staircase to Stage” About Nas

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope, I'm definitely gettin some chinese food tonight before I get back to the crib, I aint had some wings and fried rice from a hood spot in dumb long. Does the book talk about Wu wanting to sign Nas originally? I remember Nas said that...they either wanted to sign him or have him just be down with them or sumn.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
On drinks champs, ghost and Rae hadn’t heard old school by 2pac before and noreaga was the one showing them it and he said it was on all eyes on me.

im amazed at the low level of hip hop knowledge some of these guys have lol.
They didn’t hear that shyt man…I said it on here many times especially in Verzuz threads the average person is a casual consumer—message board hip-hop heads is a different beast.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
:gucci: this is the dumbest shyt i ever read. raekwon? let's talk man...

there is NO WAY that you & ghost did not hear live at the barbecue off breaking atoms in 1991 like everyone else in new york city let alone the hip hop universe. and remember yall, mc serch is the one who gave nas his second appearance on wax on that back to the grill again joint which came out BEFORE halftime and we were all talking about that waving automatic guns at nuns verse too. what is lex talking about b? lmao. nikka said two white hoes from england who ain't give you no p*ssy introduced you & ghost to nasty nas for the first time WTF

next story lex gon tell us is that the yugoslavian chick from camay is the first person to introduce him to this west coast rapper named snoop dogg :laff:
They didn’t hear that shyt man they was too busy trapping in Steubenville to be concerned about or keeping up with the latest underground hip hop

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On drinks champs, ghost and Rae hadn’t heard old school by 2pac before and noreaga was the one showing them it and he said it was on all eyes on me.

Nicca when you live something out that other people are observing, you're too preoccupied with your own stuff to still be playing the role of a fan/consumer

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
To see the GOAT (Nas) and the 2nd GOAT (Ghostface) chopping and laughing it up together when they met is fukking incredible

MisterMajesty

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South London

I imagine its cus they're just constantly outside doing shyt. When you're living life, it's surprising how much can just...pass you by. Think bout how we're all older (well, i'm 27) and so much new music passes us by

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

That’s because a lot of people are busy DOING the shyt instead of just consuming it. This makes sense to me. You don’t need to have listened to every rap song ever made in order to make great music. It’s no different than elite NBA players who don’t know who won the titles or MVPs or whatever from certain years like the fans do, it’s just because they spent their actual time training and not watching.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
:gucci: this is the dumbest shyt i ever read. raekwon? let's talk man...

there is NO WAY that you & ghost did not hear live at the barbecue off breaking atoms in 1991 like everyone else in new york city let alone the hip hop universe. and remember yall, mc serch is the one who gave nas his second appearance on wax on that back to the grill again joint which came out BEFORE halftime and we were all talking about thaitst waving automatic guns at nuns verse too. what is lex talking about b? lmao. nikka said two white hoes from england who ain't give you no p*ssy introduced you & ghost to nasty nas for the first time WTF

next story lex gon tell us is that the yugoslavian chick from camay is the first person to introduce him to this west coast rapper named snoop dogg :laff:

its quite possible you fagget!
have you watched every greatest film ever or greatest cult film recommended ?

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That’s because a lot of people are busy DOING the shyt instead of just consuming it. This makes sense to me. You don’t need to have listened to every rap song ever made in order to make great music. It’s no different than elite NBA players who don’t know who won the titles or MVPs or whatever from certain years like the fans do, it’s just because they spent their actual time training and not watching.

A lot of comedians don’t watch other comics, so they aren’t sub consciously influenced and copy their style by accident.

but I literally think some of these rappers are just doing their thing and aren’t interested in that much in their peers projects, probably hear the singles and that’s about it.