Veteran
Daps
0263c61cde08d4931b5de547f295f075.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
:gucci: this is the dumbest shyt i ever read. raekwon? let's talk man...

there is NO WAY that you & ghost did not hear live at the barbecue off breaking atoms in 1991 like everyone else in new york city let alone the hip hop universe. and remember yall, mc serch is the one who gave nas his second appearance on wax on that back to the grill again joint which came out BEFORE halftime and we were all talking about that waving automatic guns at nuns verse too. what is lex talking about b? lmao. nikka said two white hoes from england who ain't give you no p*ssy introduced you & ghost to nasty nas for the first time WTF

next story lex gon tell us is that the yugoslavian chick from camay is the first person to introduce him to this west coast rapper named snoop dogg :laff:

Ghost and rae were just two older street nikkaz in this era.
Plus how hard it was to get a main source album at all.
During that era.
As it is the original...they say it had a print run but did it really have an original print run frfr record.

To the point when i broke my bestfriend first print copy.
I felt so bad because i knew i would not get another copy.

I bought him a vinyl copy when they reprinted it and i still have not seen him consistently.
to give it to him since like 1997 or so.

So i can believe that.
As rae and ghost would never have been in that age range.
to be big college radio listeners. After the golden era in the segueway to gangsta rap to stylez war era.

So i could see rae never having heard live at the bbq.
Just like i know rae probably telling the truth and never heard the nore suggested tupac record as well.
Plus how stretch and bobbito used to get treated by the wu.
Including the incidents.

Rae and ghost originally were just thought of as not nice at all and just one syllable gangsta rappers. So it makes total sense why in the rampup and build to obfcl.
Things occurred in the manner in Which they did.
Them grasping onto nas. Plus embracing being ramping to be emcees in the build to obfcl. While showcasing arguably the greatest rampup in rap for a duo to trio including ugod. or solo artist in rap history.

It makes total sense considering the landscape and history.
As rae and ghost would have never ramped.
If they heard live at the bbq to know what they had to improve to.

Rae and ghost always worked ecause it was two gangstas.
Who were like eastcoast meets weetcoast gangsta rappers originally. With no upside till being around nas. Let alone knowing he existed.
Culturally this points to being accurrate.

As rae and ghost would never have probably rhymed and thought they had a chance. If they were cognitive about nas back then.

Once nas dropped on live at the bbq.
It became obvious. Rap was way out your reach.
As back then from industry backlash.
from special ed being well versed in accounting and administation.
So the idea you could be successful after the age of a graduate in high school in a performance industry was taboo.

So i can easily believe for the time rae and ghost did not hear live at the bbq in the pocket for when it rocked originally.

Art Barr

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
thinks back to that little subtle long pause.
jp chill or icebox would have.
before live at the bbq was played on HPK.
so i could tape iT.

ART BARR

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Ghost and rae were just two older street nikkaz in this era.
Plus how hard it was to get a main source album at all.
During that era.
As it is the original...they say it had a print run but did it really have an original print run frfr record.

To the point when i broke my bestfriend first print copy.
I felt so bad because i knew i would not get another copy.

I bought him a vinyl copy when they reprinted it and i still have not seen him consistently.
to give it to him since like 1997 or so.

So i can believe that.
As rae and ghost would never have been in that age range.
to be big college radio listeners. After the golden era in the segueway to gangsta rap to stylez war era.

So i could see rae never having heard live at the bbq.
Just like i know rae probably telling the truth and never heard the nore suggested tupac record as well.
Plus how stretch and bobbito used to get treated by the wu.
Including the incidents.

Rae and ghost originally were just thought of as not nice at all and just one syllable gangsta rappers. So it makes total sense why in the rampup and build to obfcl.
Things occurred in the manner in Which they did.
Them grasping onto nas. Plus embracing being ramping to be emcees in the build to obfcl. While showcasing arguably the greatest rampup in rap for a duo to trio including ugod. or solo artist in rap history.

It makes total sense considering the landscape and history.
As rae and ghost would have never ramped.
If they heard live at the bbq to know what they had to improve to.

Rae and ghost always worked ecause it was two gangstas.
Who were like eastcoast meets weetcoast gangsta rappers originally. With no upside till being around nas. Let alone knowing he existed.
Culturally this points to being accurrate.

As rae and ghost would never have probably rhymed and thought they had a chance. If they were cognitive about nas back then.

Once nas dropped on live at the bbq.
It became obvious. Rap was way out your reach.
As back then from industry backlash.
from special ed being well versed in accounting and administation.
So the idea you could be successful after the age of a graduate in high school in a performance industry was taboo.

So i can easily believe for the time rae and ghost did not hear live at the bbq in the pocket for when it rocked originally.

Art Barr

Art Barr
Especially considering the college radio type shyt and all the records were being pursued and bought by white kids around that time. Real street dudes who were on the block, still dabbling in street shyt, smoking , drinking, spending a lot of time in the booth and around their burough. shyt was not universal like it is today. If you spent all your time in Staten Island and occasionally traveling to other Burroughs you were not cognizant of what was going on in what seemed like a million miles away in some other burough like Queens. Especially when you’re dealing with inner trife inside your own burough as Park Hill vs Stapleton type shyt was reality back then. Saying it’s crazy that they didn’t hear Live at the BBQ is crazy doesn’t make any sense. Especially when there were so many mainstream & hardcore MC’s dropping great records left & right. Nas being on a feature isn’t necessarily touching real street dudes who are focusing on their own craft & own hoods at the time. shyt was really different back in the day. It’s hard to explain but then street dudes was not Hip-Hop music aficionados back then.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
On drinks champs, ghost and Rae hadn’t heard old school by 2pac before and noreaga was the one showing them it and he said it was on all eyes on me.

im amazed at the low level of hip hop knowledge some of these guys have lol.

Yeah that and they’re brains fried from years of drug abuse and alcohol, as well as growing old.

Times were just different....nikkaz wasn't listening to everybody like that.
Especially if you're doing your own thing.
Surrounded by a bunch of other nikkaz who are skilled too.
Music wasn't something that was consumed constantly either ...
Muthafukaz was out doing shyt lol

pawdalaw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Fayetteville
I agree, most artists intentionally said that they don't listen to others in order to keep some semblance of originality. I heard Lil Wayne say something similar recently. Which is why he has so many sons out here.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
:gucci: this is the dumbest shyt i ever read. raekwon? let's talk man...

there is NO WAY that you & ghost did not hear live at the barbecue off breaking atoms in 1991 like everyone else in new york city let alone the hip hop universe. and remember yall, mc serch is the one who gave nas his second appearance on wax on that back to the grill again joint which came out BEFORE halftime and we were all talking about that waving automatic guns at nuns verse too. what is lex talking about b? lmao. nikka said two white hoes from england who ain't give you no p*ssy introduced you & ghost to nasty nas for the first time WTF

next story lex gon tell us is that the yugoslavian chick from camay is the first person to introduce him to this west coast rapper named snoop dogg :laff:
I can’t lie this story does seem like some bullshyt when you think about it. By the time these nikkas was on a level to be having fans in other continents Illmatic had already came out. Halftime was recorded in like 92 so all this took place at least two years later and they first heard it on a mixtape from two white bytches from London?
:russ:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I can’t lie this story does seem like some bullshyt when you think about it. By the time these nikkas was on a level to be having fans in other continents Illmatic had already came out. Halftime was recorded in like 92 so all this took place at least two years later and they first heard it on a mixtape from two white bytches from London?
:russ:

Where did you hear live at the bbq at tho?
I said where i heard it but you never said where you heard it tho.

Like people like to revise history.
Like everyone was into hiphop and it is a bonafide lie. Just like gangsta liking hiphop culture.
If rae and ghost never meet nas to get inspired. We never get the purple tape period.

Thia whole idea everyone is hiphop is from a marketing campaign from leo Burnett after 36 chambers. Plus cream is an original communications act saturation method first wave single as well. Which was well and away old by six months to more.
when the oversaturation method or spam started in the radio airwaves.
To eventually mjb second akbum becoming rhe poster child of the oversaturation method in my life. Starting the idea every record could be a single. Yet all those moves all correspond and correlate to where we are now. When originally toys could give little to no fukk about hiphop culture. Ghost and rae came from an era removed from the golden area boom. Which was over with the summer the original blueprint and walking with a panther or wwap dropped.
Which was world wide and eliminated because it was based in bolstering the education system.
from krs live on set nationally.

Ghost and rae are from the decline and build of the golden era draw. To ruthless record runs the world. If not for the communications act and nas.
We may have not ever gotten the other then auxilliary members of the clan to ramp. As i would like to correct my earlier post and say four wu emcees ramped on obfcl.

Masta killa : glaciers of ice (lead video single)
Ugod
Ghost
Rae

So obfcl is actually a culture based gangsta rap album with covert coded content and slang.

It is a one of one and no one has done it before or after. Only reason people even know the content rae and ghost talk about after i deciphered their rhymes. Is because wu tang made slang relevent in the whole world. With actual videos.
Before that people had no idea.
what the fukk was going on with rae and ghost or wu tang period.

Art Barr

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Where did you hear live at the bbq at tho?
I said where i heard it but you never said where you heard it tho.

Like people like to revise history.
Like everyone was into hiphop and it is a bonafide lie. Just like gangsta liking hiphop culture.
If rae and ghost never meet nas to get inspired. We never get the purple tape period.

Thia whole idea everyone is hiphop is from a marketing campaign from leo Burnett after 36 chambers. Plus cream is an original communications act saturation method first wave single as well. Which was well and away old by six months to more.
when the oversaturation method or spam started in the radio airwaves.
To eventually mjb second akbum becoming rhe poster child of the oversaturation method in my life. Starting the idea every record could be a single. Yet all those moves all correspond and correlate to where we are now. When originally toys could give little to no fukk about hiphop culture. Ghost and rae came from an era removed from the golden area boom. Which was over with the summer the original blueprint and walking with a panther or wwap dropped.
Which was world wide and eliminated because it was based in bolstering the education system.
from krs live on set nationally.

Ghost and rae are from the decline and build of the golden era draw. To ruthless record runs the world. If not for the communications act and nas.
We may have not ever gotten the other then auxilliary members of the clan to ramp. As i would like to correct my earlier post and say four wu emcees ramped on obfcl.

Masta killa : glaciers of ice (lead video single)
Ugod
Ghost
Rae

So obfcl is actually a culture based gangsta rap album with covert coded content and slang.

It is a one of one and no one has done it before or after. Only reason people even know the content rae and ghost talk about after i deciphered their rhymes. Is because wu tang made slang relevent in the whole world. With actual videos.
Before that people had no idea.
what the fukk was going on with rae and ghost or wu tang period.

Art Barr
I never even said anything about Live at the BBQ tho. But Rae and Ghost definitely knew who Nas was before Illmatic dropped. Ghost has said it himself. The Wu didn’t really blow up till Cream dropped which wasn’t that long before Illmatic dropped

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
That’s because a lot of people are busy DOING the shyt instead of just consuming it. This makes sense to me. You don’t need to have listened to every rap song ever made in order to make great music. It’s no different than elite NBA players who don’t know who won the titles or MVPs or whatever from certain years like the fans do, it’s just because they spent their actual time training and not watching.

Yeah, I think it's a universal thing. Initially, I'm like :dwillhuh: but then you realize how quickly time passes and how much you can miss when you're into your own stuff. There are NBA players that don't even know how many teams there are. :manny:

But it's just interesting because a lot of rappers did grow up listening to it, studying their peers even after they became famous themselves. So it's interesting to see that Ghost and Raekwon missed that song/album. It's not like we're talking about Vince Staples who was from a different generation.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Different members of the Wu probably knew who Nas was at different points in time. RZA said he knew who Nas was when Nas was 16. And that makes sense as RZA and GZA use to travel throughout the burrows battling other rappers and shopping their demos. For somebody like Rae and Ghost, who were still heavy in the streets just before Wu blew up, it makes sense that they’d learn about Nas a bit later. I also remember Shyheim saying that the only two rappers besides Wu who got heavy love in Shaolin were Biggie and Nas. So it really just depends on what you were up too and who caught your ear at the time.

Its no diss to Nas whatsoever if Raekwon discovered him officially when Illmatic dropped, seeing as Rae and Ghost both show Nas hella love and call him a GOAT.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I never even said anything about Live at the BBQ tho. But Rae and Ghost definitely knew who Nas was before Illmatic dropped. Ghost has said it himself. The Wu didn’t really blow up till Cream dropped which wasn’t that long before Illmatic dropped

I think you skimmed this excerpt.
  • The convo is not about if rae and ghost knew nas before illmatic. The discussion was about rae and ghost never hearing halftime. Before these two female uk transplants to nyc put rae and ghost on.

Art Barr

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah nas is the GOAT but I’m tripping over them white bytches not putting out