About to get my CDL. Whats the best trucking company to work for? Swift?

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
To make real money you need to do long haul if youve never driven long haul you gonna fukking hate that job. Did long haul for 2 years for Schneider worst job ever though company is aight. Went to UPS and that was cool but wasnt for me.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Technically you can get your cdl "for free" thru a mega then just quit :yeshrug:

I don't advise this though. I feel like you should do atleast 3 months otr before you even think about a local job. Plus you usually need atleast 6 months to a year(sometimes 2 years) for a decent local job.

And yes, no matter which mega you go with you will have to team drive during your training period.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Im reading a lot of people saying do local first, but honestly that's bullshyt. Driving regional is way easier. All your dealing with is highway traffic which most of the time is light until you hit the city. Local means dealing with all adversities of the road. Just yesterday I was driving a flatbed in city traffic in a 10 speed and that shyt sucks the life out of your legs. I don't always need the clutch to shift but when traffic sucks and you gotta keep braking it's like you might as well use it. So if you're comfortable with making U turns, backing, watching for clearances, driving down unexpected tight blocks, etc than local works for you. Otherwise, regional is easier.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To make real money you need to do long haul if youve never driven long haul you gonna fukking hate that job. Did long haul for 2 years for Schneider worst job ever though company is aight. Went to UPS and that was cool but wasnt for me.
i can endure...i just need a nice pile of money to stack to do what i really want to do

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im reading a lot of people saying do local first, but honestly that's bullshyt. Driving regional is way easier. All your dealing with is highway traffic which most of the time is light until you hit the city. Local means dealing with all adversities of the road. Just yesterday I was driving a flatbed in city traffic in a 10 speed and that shyt sucks the life out of your legs. I don't always need the clutch to shift but when traffic sucks and you gotta keep braking it's like you might as well use it. So if you're comfortable with making U turns, backing, watching for clearances, driving down unexpected tight blocks, etc than local works for you. Otherwise, regional is easier.
i thought regional was first than local? which pays more?

Shoog Shatmi

All Star
Daps
:hhh: i dont want to even know what the avg trucker chick look like....probably like buffalo woman :scust:
Yeah, they are pretty horrible, on average. The only fukkable ones I ever remember seeing were Latinas, for some reason.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

DrX

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
still might do welding in the future....im not taking out a loan

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
i thought regional was first than local? which pays more?

There's no first or last order, it's just whatever you end up doing. It just appears that way cuz most guys get tired of driving regional and want to do local and be at home. Only thing with local jobs are most of the time they're touch freight and you gotta do heavy lifting or physical work. And the hours are long. So even though you get to go home to your family and friends. You gotta be back at work early morning. Most of the time at 3, 4 or 5 start time and getting off at 5, 6, 7.

And pay depends on the job really. Theres a chunk of over the road drivers not making shyt, and some local drivers making more than over the road. It all depends really