ADOS Pawgers, have y'all experienced this?

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
When my husband and I finally decided to take the plunge after dating for four years, we eloped. I think deep down we were worried about the “if anyone here can show just cause” part. My father’s side of the family was horrified, my mother’s tolerant, but not overjoyed. When my grandmother showed our wedding photo to a family member, they asked, “What nationality is he?” Perhaps they were hoping she would respond with the more exotic-sounding “Nigerian” or “Haitian.” Nope. Just plain ol’ African-American. My marriage and the subsequent birth of my daughter solidified my father’s “disownership” of me. . . . All of this is not to whine about the opposition I’ve faced for marrying the person I married. . . . But when my white students, for example, joyously remark that “racism is a thing of the past,” I ask them to consider how their own parents would react if they brought home a black person to marry. A flash of awareness comes across their faces . . . and I already know their answer.57

This was in my intercultural communication textbook in the chapter on interracial relationships:dahell:

So, yeah

invalid

Banned
Daps
I've smashed a lot of white girls but only dated one. She was Jewish from a place called Lake Forest which is a town around here known for it's old wealth and was mentioned in the book the Great Gatsby. Her family was very well-to-do but they were "champagne liberals". So they welcomed me as far as I know. Too welcoming in fact. I think it was palatable because my family does very well and I come from a town equally known for it's old wealth. My family were the ones that actually had a problem with her and would act very snobbish and standoffish towards her. I say this to say, ethnic blacks don't really run in our circles so the white people don't really have experience with them. The only blacks that they have interactions with are African Americans so there would be no reference to the others.

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
I've smashed a lot of white girls but only dated one. She was Jewish from a place called Lake Forest which is a town around here known for it's old wealth and was mentioned in the book the Great Gatsby. Her family was very well-to-do but they were "champagne liberals". So they welcomed me as far as I know. Too welcoming in fact. I think it was palatable because my family does very well and I come from a town equally known for it's old wealth. My family were the ones that actually had a problem with her and would act very snobbish and standoffish towards her. I say this to say, ethnic blacks don't really run in our circles so the white people don't really have experience with them. The only blacks that they have interactions with are African Americans so there would be no reference to the others.
Interesting. I just find it crazy that this would be mentioned in a college textbook. Sounds like something you'd see on a Coli thread :mjlol:

invalid

Banned
Daps
Interesting. I just find it crazy that this would be mentioned in a college textbook. Sounds like something you'd see on a Coli thread :mjlol:

It's most likely true but will depend on which part of the country you're in. Maybe like NYC, Boston, Houston, or Miami. Nigerians and Haitians, although have large populations where I'm at, don't really have a visible presence. And certainly not in the circles that I run in.

Daps
Don't feel like this is as much a "thing" as it used to be.

White families mainly care about paper. If breh is educated and flashes $$$, they'll suck it up and run with it (see NFL draft picks).

That "anger" comes if they think Jamal is a broke flight risk that will leave Ashley raising 4 mixed kids by herself. They'll accept baby girl dating a dusty white boy though.

Brehs that are visibly uncomfortable around cacs set off those alarms. Some brehs got that disarming charm. Case by case situation tbh.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Respectability politics

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation