African Americans are the only racial group in U.S. still making less than they did in 2000

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
Right now? Under Trump? Support right wing efforts to lower market barriers in order to increase workforce participation and increase black capital*.
:patrice:Maybe promote military service within the black community... this just popped in my head right now

Outside of that there is little we can do in the current climate that will have a meaningful impact on our ability to overcome institutional oppression.

:manny:Obviously cultural changes/progress should always be being pushed.

Government fields of work are an option too. Trump is already gearing up to keep thing in house and cutting government contracting to lower budgets. Government jobs seem to be a consistent source of Black progression career-wise anyway. Dual front with this and lowering market barriers, because anything where discrimination can happen, it will.

Jimi Swagger

I say whatever I think should be said
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
Does this include other black groups or only AA?
It's Census data and there is no category for descendants of chattel slavery. If anything Black immigrants keep us afloat as they are generally middle class and highly skilled expect the poor ones that come here with visa lottery to work hospitality. They also have more intact families and networks.

Unwanted and unplanned children are time and resource sucks, especially when you are behind, they crystallize situations and split finances if the parents aren't together and working in tandem. But babies come from "love" in the AA community.

AndroidHero

Superstar
Daps
It's Census data and there is no category for descendants of chattel slavery. If anything Black immigrants keep us afloat as they are generally middle class and highly skilled expect the poor ones that come here with visa lottery to work hospitality. They also have more intact families and networks.

Unwanted and unplanned children are time and resource sucks, especially when you are behind, they crystallize situations and split finances if the parents aren't together and working in tandem. But babies come from "love" in the AA community.

:patrice:
Interesting, I still would want to see data on how other black groups are doing and if they are doing better than us.

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
:patrice:
Interesting, I still would want to see data on how other black groups are doing and if they are doing better than us.

List of ethnic groups in the United States by household income - Wikipedia

There are studies with small samples with a simple Internet search. Also you can view incomes by ethnicity. Egyptians and Nigerian American households seem to be top earning African countries in the US

Government fields of work are an option too. Trump is already gearing up to keep thing in house and cutting government contracting to lower budgets. Government jobs seem to be a consistent source of Black progression career-wise anyway. Dual front with this and lowering market barriers, because anything where discrimination can happen, it will.

Government contracting allowed my friends and I to eat lovely especially with. Also municipal government (one friend made 145k in a richer Northern Virginia county in his early 30s). There should be some type of allocation for contracts for Black owned businesses since most minority owned are women (generally White). Obama implemented legislation that made large contractors pair with small business companies for federal contracting jobs. But of course those went to people who branched off from GD, Lockheed, CACI to their own companies taking their White colleagues and alumni with them for the money.

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
List of ethnic groups in the United States by household income - Wikipedia

There are studies with small samples with a simple Internet search. Also you can view incomes by ethnicity. Egyptians and Nigerian American households seem to be top earning African countries in the US

Government contracting allowed my friends and I to eat lovely especially with. Also municipal government (one friend made 145k in a richer Northern Virginia county in his early 30s). There should be some type of allocation for contracts for Black owned businesses since most minority owned are women (generally White). Obama implemented legislation that made large contractors pair with small business companies for federal contracting jobs. But of course those went to people who branched off from GD, Lockheed, CACI to their own companies taking their White colleagues and alumni with them for the money.

There is. Its called "8a" status. Trust me, its how we started. Lasts 10 years, get on that train if you can, if you can get Hud or Native American certification tho... :banderas:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
"The study noted that even when African Americans attend college and actively work to expand their skills and networks, they still earn far less than whites with similar educational background. In fact, the wage gap has expanded the most between college educated blacks and whites."

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
:mjlol:Suggest suppressing wages so your white business partners might deign to hire some black people, brehs.

Isn't low pay better than no pay?

and as long as there is room to move up, you can spend a 1-3 years grinding and move up the ladder to a better position with more pay. I know that's less than ideal but its not like black people have the leverage we need to choose otherwise... :francis:

Jimi Swagger

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Turtle Island to DXB
This data should be shared with family and friends and topics during dinner and family reunions.

If anyone conceives a child without planning or taking proactive measures after knowing this info, doesn't care about that child or their family's future (which it shouldn't have to take Census data to figure out especially if you don't have an inheritance ya damn self).

Edit: you also need to talk about elder care and collectively pool money so grandma and great auntie won't go hungry or be in pain with their fixed income and rising cost of living. Especially of you had elders who were rachets in their youth and didn't stack for the future. Instead of crippling financially and emotionally the few people in the fam who got their shyt together.

Last edited:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
The question we should be asking is what kept black money making down these last 17 years. Somehow, I doubt it was a rising minimum wage. But then again, I don't confer with my white business partners before coming here to tell people to "fight their own battles."

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
:gucci:White supremacy...
:jbhmm:Propose some purely private sector solutions to this pervasive problem.

:umad:No public sector solutions!

:troll:Make sure to ask your white business partners for their permission before posting.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Solutions??????

solution to what? everything is working according to plan

post civil rights movement our communities have become nothing more than voting farms, and the crops are looking beautiful :banderas:

black nationalist ALWAYS preached about controlling the dollars in our communities NO. OUTSIDE. HELP.

black conservatives ALWAYS preached about OWNING your own businesses and starting entrepreneurial empires

BOTH SCHOOLS OF THOUGHT HAD TO GO.

ever notice black conservatives are called c00ns?
black nationalists are called ashy/hoteps/self righteous?

where are the disparaging nicknames for black leftists? :sas2: