All time: STING vs JOHN CENA

Better career

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Both are corny babyfaces but kids like them and they can work good matches

Their offense is similar, including having the same strikes (tho sting chops during comebacks)

Sting was most over during a year where he didn't talk once and didn't wrestle once.

Cena was most over as a markymark clone, and later as pure babyface

Both have formulaic matches, and predictable comebacks.

Who had a better career? The man they call sting, or Mr. FU

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mississauga
giphy.gif

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Well, your opinions are consistently shyt so I am more solidified in this thread because of your dissent. Good lookin out :ehh:

Says the man who stanned Orton. :russell:Anyway, Sting was a perennial babyface. Can't even get heel heat when they tried to turn him. Cena has been boo'd for eleven years. Sting was ten times better in the ring before he got fat/lazy. And Sting regularly lost to heels like Vader and Flair. Better comparison is the Rock. Gotta rebuttal or not?

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Cena has a ridiculous resume and has been the biggest draw of this generation.

However Sting has been a top draw as well. He's had a greater influence on wrestling and many of today's wrestlers point to Sting as an inspiration for getting into the business.

I don't know if people can say the same for Cena.

Can anyone imagine an up and coming wrestler saying that John Cena was their inspiration to get into the business? :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is tough because I think you can make the case for both.

On one hand Cena is the face of an entire generation, but on the other hand Sting was a major player during a time when wrestling was just wayyyy bigger...and the argument can be made that he's been apart of more legendary/significant moments.

Pound for pound just rating them I think cena is the overall better talent.., sting leaned heavily on his gimmick.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
One is a top guy of a boom period of wrestling. One is a key figure in a low period of wrestling. Taking what the respective companies want us to believe about either guy, this comparison is unfair as fukk.
Lets be real though, the fact that at his peak he didnt even wrestle and when he did it was the end of the peak of the era....this cannot be ignored. He went away and WCW peaked. He came back and it plummeted. And wcw built up MULTIPLE babyfaces to fight wcw...DDP and luger were read hot and Goldberg was ARGUABLY HOTTER.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Lets be real though, the fact that at his peak he didnt even wrestle and when he did it was the end of the peak of the era....this cannot be ignored. He went away and WCW peaked. He came back and it plummeted. And wcw built up MULTIPLE babyfaces to fight wcw...DDP and luger were read hot and Goldberg was ARGUABLY HOTTER.
Bullshyt, without him the nWo doesn't get as hot as it did.

As far as Goldberg, the fans made their choice clear when they went 1 on 1

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Bullshyt, without him the nWo doesn't get as hot as it did.

As far as Goldberg, the fans made their choice clear when they went 1 on 1
DDP and Goldberg were as hot as Sting. Luger was hot asf too. Piper, flair, and fukking KEVIN GREENE were hot because nWo. LARRY ZYBYSKO got his name chanted every week because of nWo.

nWo got HIM hot.

now, he was nWo's best babyface foe, tho personally i liked savages brief babyface turn damn near as much as anything sting did....but you're over estimating how important sting was to this story. He did a great job but it was more about seeing nWo getting their come-upins...who ever did that to nWo?

DDP
Luger
Sting
Goldberg

And all of them were their most over in their career during this story...no coincidence.