"Always Forward" - Official Marvel's "Luke Cage" Season 2 Thread

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
When that lazy eyed Hispanic tried 2 blow him up on the truck. And he was looking into D-Dub's camera & he did the dab.. I legit had the :hhh:

I also agree with people's assessment of diamondback, it just left that loose end open at the end of season 1.

But after cottenmouth died, the show went downhill & wasn't believable with diamondback with some of the stuff they were doing.

Cage told Bushmaster he wasn't good with brothers. Ms. Stokes & Bushmaster along with shades carried this season.
I’d say Bushmaster is carrying things right now. I’m only 5 eps in though:yeshrug:

The other cringeworthy thing was when they went from Tyson to Ronda Rousy:scust:

I’m enjoying it so far though

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
as a yankee..I didnt think the accents were sooo bad (i grew up around native west indians but i get it...if i was jamaican maybe i wud feel some kinda way) but this is gon be the same way Colombians were offended by Narcos...most Colombians thought the accents were horrible as well.

Native speakers are always gonna hear the imperfections of others doing their accent.

Like despite how great Idris Elba is in The Wire, his British accent came out sometimes especially when his voice got louder or when he shouted.

Yeah, native speakers are always gonna see the flaws in fake accents. Along with that, I think this is also a case of people not knowing how they sound to other people. Kinda like how when you hear a recording of your voice and don't believe that it's you.

I used to work with a lot of islanders. The accents on this show aren't spot on, but they're not as far off as a lot of the posters here say they are.

Nymbus

Great Value Man™
Supporter
Daps
Nah they referenced the Hulk this season and I think the NY shyt

But like I said I think this was before Infinity War and maybe before Civil War

I look at it like a lot of shyt is still around the same time frame as the stuff in Avengers 2.
the Accords remember:troll:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Just don’t like the actress.

Not believable as a gangster.

Every scene she’s trying to be sexy in is :beli:
Keep watching

She puts on a great performance

I didn’t care for her as the “bad guy” when I first heard about this season but near the end her performances are oscar worthy.

Even the Shades/Black Mariah relationships didn’t seem right to me but they both put on good performances near the end

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This was a better season. Luke Cage as an actor to me is trash tho. I didn’t feel a thing for his “inner” conflict or the rage he had. I like the direction he’s taking. There are some annoying things with Misty because she’s show irrational at times but it is what it is. So what’s gonna happen next season?

The whole Bushmaster plot was dope and I like the actor.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:whew: Just finished it. All I kept thinking about at the end was that Jay Z quote from So appalled

Don’t click if you haven’t seen the ending.

”Dark Knight feeling, die and be a hero
Or live long enough to see yourself become a villain
I went from the favorite to the most hated
But would you rather be underpaid or overrated”