Amara La Negra Says Cheating Isn’t Always A Deal Breaker: “You Going To Wash It Up And Stay Here"

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I'm sorry, but when you first date anyone and they cheat, then it is a dealbreaker :francis: It's never good to be dishonest.

Amara La Negra Says Cheating Isn’t Always A Deal Breaker: “You’re Going To Wash It Up And Stay Right Here”

Amara La Negra is currently living the good life. The breakout Love and Hip Hop Miami star has attracted a lot of attention with her beauty, just signed a lucrative multi-album record deal with BMG, and she’s already showing up and showing out on red carpets. But she’s doing it solo. The “Ayy” singer said she’s single as a dollar bill. And for good reason.

“I’m super focused on my career right now,” she said while visiting The Breakfast Club on Monday. “I don’t want to dedicate any time to anything that’s going to distract me. I can’t dedicate any time to like, ‘Text me where you’re at. What you doing? I love you. I love you too.’ This is not the moment. I’ll do that eventually at some other time, whatever, whatever.”

Amara said she was last in a relationship in 2017, but split from her suitor in July because he wanted more than she could give at the time they were dating.

“I just don’t like this, ‘You have to text me a couple of times a day, send me a picture, FaceTime me — I don’t want it,'” she said. “I don’t want it! You can like me, but just understand what place I’m at in my career right now. It’s just popping off. If you were to be a little understanding, then cool. Whenever I have the time, I’ll ‘Hey, babe!’ you. But if you text me literally right now and I don’t answer until my interview is over, you can’t be like, ‘What the f–k! I just text you. Where you at?’ No, papi. I can’t do it.”

But for the record, when she commits to a relationship, she really commits. When the singer invests time in a man, even if he isn’t living right, she’s not giving up on him that easy.

“God forbid I were to be with a man and he were to cheat or be with another woman,” she said. “As long as I don’t know about it…what can I tell you? If I find my man and my man cheats on me, and I’ve invested time in you and I gave you all of this, I don’t think I would just leave you. So I’m going to leave you so some other b—h can have you? [Laughs] Not! You’re going to wash it up and stay right here. You’re going to suffer with me.”

“How do you think relationships last 50, 40 years?” she continued. “C’mon. So if you were to do it, I’m not going to let you go. I’ll let you go when I feel I’m ready.”

To the singer, with some men, cheating is a mistake as opposed to a habit. If he’s been a good partner despite slipping up, she doesn’t see infidelity as a deal breaker.

“Honestly, I feel there’s really good men out there,” she said. “If you mess up one time, I don’t know, twice or something like that and you really are a good man, you’ve been good to me through the good and the bad, I don’t think because you [indecipherable], I should let you go. I would think about it. I’m going to make you miserable for a while, know that.”

But infidelity that turns into a child with someone else? Now that’s a deal breaker.

“That’s it,” she said. “That’s too much.”

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
P.S. I saw the thread about her speaking English (which most of us knew), but I wanted to focus on this short segment here. No way I can hold trust with a damn cheater :camby:

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
She's playing to her female audience. These are female beliefs. Men and women opinions on cheating differ greatly. When it comes to men most of us have zero tollorence for cheating. Women on the other hand are most likely to let it slide at least once maybe twice.

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Depends on how the relationship is set up.

Most new relationships are 50/50 anyway, so its easy to leave.

Some are 70/30, even 80/20...

So if her man cheats, she's definitely doing a lot of :patrice:

yardman

Mad movements!
Daps
Reppin
Whitehall
A lot of broads are like this especially in the Caribbean, it's damn near cultural. Matter fact mad varieties of females in cultures outside of the US operate this way. Just cause you don't understand doesn't mean you should speak from an angle of condescension and finger wagging.​

Last edited:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
There’s having sex and there’s building a new relationship.

If a chick is building a new life outside of me with someone else then don’t let hinder that.

Having sex with another person is :yeshrug:.

Dependability and loyalty is higher on the list.

However, I’d be pissed and likely bush her once I’m ready like homegirl said. One thing I regret about myself is acting on emotion.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
A lot of broads are like this especially in the Caribbean, it's damn near culture. Matter fact mad varieties of females in cultures outside of the US operate this way. Just cause you don't understand doesn't mean you should speak from an angle of condescension and finger wagging.​
AAs get their train of thought from hypocritical protestant cacs.

Cacs literally do everything they punish everyone else for.

BlackPrint

The Mayor
Daps
Reppin
NYC
How do you think relationships last 50, 40 years?” she continued. “C’mon. So if you were to do it, I’m not going to let you go. I’ll let you go when I feel I’m ready.”

She’s got a point there. A lot of our grand mothers and fathers had slip ups over the years quiet as it’s kept.

You know when how ur grandfather ear twitch when u say “cleofus” or some random old ass man name..that’s why:mjpls: