"An Entertaining Mora Fight is a Miracle Man" Jacobs v Mora 2 PBC on SPIKE 9/9 Fight Thread

Who Wins?

• Mora wins by KO/Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Commey wins by KO/Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Perez and Reese on any top 10 list is disqualifying alone.

They were Top 10 on the world's oldest & most respected rankings list....RING Magazine's.

AB is a lesser fighter than Berto.

:camby:

He's so great he wants Ricky Burns....

Not Thurman...not Danny....not Spence Jr.....blah blah blah blah....medicroe

Yeah...he wants his WBA belt back & to face the dude who ducked him after talking shyt 4 years ago.

5x Champion has a nice ring to it:obama:

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Can any one name an African fighter who was a SHARP pin point puncher? All these African fighters are tough and competitive but they all throw loopy ass shots or have awkward styles. Abegko, Clottey, Ouma, Quartley, Nelson, Peters, Bika. I'm missing some but that's off the top of my head

I think Commey could have won this fight EASILY if his technique was better. That overhead right landed a lot but it missed even more and he was lunging all night and out of position a lot of time.

Just off the top of my head but yeah a lot have that awkward style

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
They were Top 10 on the world's oldest & most respected rankings list....RING Magazine's.

:camby:

Yeah...he wants his WBA belt back & to face the dude who ducked him after talking shyt 4 years ago.

5x Champion has a nice ring to it:obama:

#AboutBillions

:aboutbillions:

2 questions.

What is his signature win against an "A" opponent?

What happened in Madaina and Porter fights?

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Who said he wasn't talented? Of course he's talented you don't make it without it to that level without it.

He's overrated...period. And his fights against "A" ( or high B+) have shown that....Paulie had this dude confused at times.....

We clown on GGG but what is this dudes signature win? What does he do better than the others mentioned besides talking? He's overrated.

He got embarrassed the two times he faced similar level talent.

So, first you said he's Vargas talent level:patrice:

Then you say he's a lesser fighter than Berto:jbhmm:

Now you say he got embarrassed the 2 times he faced similar level talent (Porter & Maidana):ohhh:

Which one is it? Vargas, Porter, & Maidana are not the same level and Berto isn't better than all of em (which is what you're saying if you're saying Broner is = to Vargas, Porter, Maidana...but > than Berto):martin:

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
2 questions.

What is his signature win against an "A" opponent?

Antonio DeMarco wasn't considered an A class lightweight when AB fought him?:mjpls:

You claim you've been watching him for 7-8 years...wasn't DeMarco considered an A class Lightweight at the time Broner signed to fight him?:sas2:

What happened in Madaina and Porter fights?

He lost...just like 99% of all fighters do.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Not a GGG dikk ryder, but if Jacobs and Gennady meet, the only thing Gennady gonna lose is the post fight interview. Jacobs would get eaten alive. I like Jacobs too, and even though Mora is awkward, and even though he got him out of there despite the phantom knockdowns in the begining, he still dont look like he'd last long with Gennady. Jacobs looks good against everybody else not named Gennady. I think he'd have problems with big welterweights or jr. Middlewights like Lara or Charlo. There's just something about Jacobs's hunger and game that I find wanting.

Regardless though, I'm happy he won tonight. Happy he's invested with his son's upbringing. Happy he's representing for BK.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Antonio DeMarco wasn't considered an A class lightweight when AB fought him?:mjpls:

You claim you've been watching him for 7-8 years...wasn't DeMarco considered an A class Lightweight at the time Broner signed to fight him?:sas2:

He lost...just like 99% of all fighters do.

Describe in detail why he got HANDLED...cause he aint elite that's why. I don't get AB fans....he acts spoiled rotten and then gives a 20% efforts in the ring on top of it. Floyd never mailed it in inside the ring or showed up like he didn't care. All his trash talk he backed up and then some.

And then all that they can reply to criticism of him is "ur hating"....this dude is a clown of a boxer. Talented but a clown.

Newzz

Supporter
Daps
Describe in detail why he got HANDLED...cause he aint elite that's why. I don't get AB fans....he acts spoiled rotten and then gives a 20% efforts in the ring on top of it. Floyd never mailed it in inside the ring or showed up like he didn't care. All his trash talk he backed up and then some.

And then all that they can reply to criticism of him is "ur hating"....this dude is a clown of a boxer. Talented but a clown.

Aight breh:manny:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Richard Commey: I Beat Robert Easter, I Deserve a Rematch!
by Keith Idec
In front of a raucous and supportive crowd, undefeated rising star Robert Easter (18-0, 14 KOs) earned a narrow split-decision victory over previously unbeaten Richard Commey (24-1, 22 KOs) in a thrilling contest that saw both men grab momentum at different points throughout the 12-round bout.

Easter used his jab and length advantage in round one and appeared to have more success throughout the night when he fought from a distance. The fight vacillated between a tactical battle and a toe-to-toe war by the round and even by the minute.

The Ghanaian Commey was aggressive throughout the fight and had success pushing Easter to the ropes and catching him with big right hands. In round eight, Commey scored a knockdown on one of those right hands, as referee Benjy Esteves ruled that Easter's glove hit the canvas as a result of the punch.

easter-commey%20%282%29%20%28720x480%29_2.jpg

Easter and Commey both came out firing in round nine, engaging in one of the many exchanges that put the lively crowd on its feet. Easter had great success throughout the night with his right uppercut that consistently caught Commey coming in, but never deterred him completely.

Both men reached the 12-round limit for the first time in their careers but it was Easter who took advantage of the final stanza by rocking and wobbling Commey with a big overhand right just seconds into the round.

Commey was able to survive on the ropes and by consistently wrapping up his opponent. Both men were lifted to the air in triumph by their trainers after the final bell rang as the crowd cheered the two combatants. In the end the judges scored the fight 114-113 for Commey and 115-112 and 114-113 for Easter.

ROBERT EASTER

"It's been a long training camp. We had an amazing training camp. This fight wasn't easy at all. We knew it wasn't going to be easy. Richard Commey is a tough, tough competitor. He made me fight each and every round, but we did it.

"The game plan was to go out there and box him and use my length and reach. I made a few mistakes tonight. One of them was not fighting him early enough. It wouldn't have been close. In the last round, when I needed the round, I went out and got it.

"I took everything that I had, all 16 years in the sport, and I used it to go get that belt.

"You always have to stay composed as a professional. I wasn't hurt at all on the knockdown. I know what happened in there. He threw a shorter right hand and I stumbled. I finished the round tough.

"Early in the fight I thought I hurt him with a hook and right hand combo. In the last round I caught him right on the chin. That wobbled him. He held on for dear life.

"I knew it was going to come down to a split decision. I felt in my heart that I did enough. He missed a lot of shots.

"I want more straps. I want belts. This is huge for my city. It means a lot. It's bigger than me. I wanted to give them something to believe in.

"All this hard work we had to put in for this fight, we had to dig in deep. I did this for my city and Toledo came out for me tonight."

RICHARD COMMEY

"I feel like I won this fight. I did everything that I could. I landed the more accurate shots. I come from very far and it's hard to win here versus an American. I deserve a rematch.

"I was very devastated when I heard the scores. I knew it was a close fight. He went down and I didn't.

"I want to be a world champion. Even if he doesn't want to fight me, I want another opportunity. I can fight at the highest level in the world. We worked so hard to get to this stage. I want to stay at this level. I'll keep improving."

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
These casuals:mjlol:

Aka this is thecoli and you're supposed to support Broner because (and you know exactly what I mean).

You can't even name a signature win of your fighter...35 fights deep. Yet GGG gets worked on this board for a similar level of opponents. And you can't say the comp aint there...his best win was DeMarco like 4 years ago. There's no shame in losing ( like Cotto, Trout or Froch) but you better be competitive consistently and show it wasn't due to lack of effort or caring about if you won or lost while still calling yourself the best. First time he faced adversity in the ring he dry humped Maidana and fell intentionally..then mailed it in vs Porter.

Heck Canelo and his level of comp and record the last 4 years is exactly what AB's should be.

It's like him and his fans are in a fantasy world. Casual....yeah ok. I just watched Easter Jr vs Commey on Friday night and am watching GGG vs Brook on a Saturday at 5:30. A copout name call to defend a mediocre fighter.

Last edited: