'Anime/Nerd' Culture Has Been HIJACKED By The Mainstream

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Anime is not mainstream at all outside of maybe pokemon and dbz. Cant agree with you on that one. People keep putting anime and nerds together but they arent the same at all. I work with plenty of nerds who dont watch any anime whatsoever

Nerd culture has absolutely become mainstream tho, no question there.
Never said that they were the same. However, you have some people who model cosplay and they don't even have a respect for the anime culture.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Yeah, those type of nerds make it bad for us cool nerd types.
Picture_2.jpg

giphy.gif

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
The irony is that most shyt is considered nerd culture was mainstream af to begin with :stopitslime:
Comic books? Back in the day if you didn't collect sports cards you collected those if not both.
Star Wars/Star Trek? One's a billion dollar franchise, the other started as a hit tv show that even MLK fukked with. Video games? Who the doesn't play video games? :why:
I think they tried to hijack these mediums as their own in a attempt to seem cool and fit in since lots of "nomal" people enjoy these too.

Last edited:

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The irony is that most shyt is considered nerd culture was mainstream af to begin with :stopitslime:
Comic books? Back in the day if you didn't collect sports cards you collected those if not both.
Star Wars/Star Trek? One's a billion dollar franchise, the other started as a hit tv show that even MLK fukked with. Video games? Who the doesn't play video games? :why:
I think they tried to hijack these mediums as their own in a attempt to seem cool and fit in sense lots of "nomal" people enjoy these too.
MLK was an Trekkie :ohhh:

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
MLK was an Trekkie :ohhh:
Star Trek was a pretty big deal in the black community because of Nichelle Nichols. My mom said her, my uncles and other kids from the block started a Star Trek club where they'd get together and watch it. They all have to chip in a quarter that went towards ice cream or comic books. My pops is a HUGE Trekkie.