'Anime/Nerd' Culture Has Been HIJACKED By The Mainstream

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Smoke a blunt of some Haze and watch Ninja Scroll............

First anime I ever came across. Late at night flipping channels saw rock dude wrecking shyt in the forest had me :dwillhuh:. Didn't realize it existed until that point. It's gotten soft since though. Old school anime was really adult oriented, nowadays anime is made for adults who need to grow up.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
George's Dilemma said:
First anime I ever came across. Late at night flipping channels saw rock dude wrecking shyt in the forest had me :dwillhuh:. Didn't realize it existed until that point. It's gotten soft since though. Old school anime was really adult oriented, nowadays anime is made for adults who need to grow up.

I prefer the 'hard' shyt nowadays: Hellsing, Attack on Titan, Claymore, Berserk, Gantz, Blood+, Guyver, etc.

Man, I even went back to get the unedited versions of stuff I watched when I was growing up: Getter Robo, Battle of the Planets, Star Blazers, Cyborg 009, Galaxy Express 999, and so on.

Here, check this one out......

:damn:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Amor fati said:
It sure does seem that way, I remember anime either being foreign being looked down upon by the average westerner back in 2007.

Wasn't like that when I was coming up. Everybody in my 5th Grade class was running home from school to watch these shows.....

Decades later I find out these shows were NOT for children whatsoever. Cats were getting murked left and right worse than in DBZ!!!!!!!!!!​

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
I remember seeing a gif of some kid getting his head blown off clean.

Looked kinda outer space-ish

What anime was that from?