Another Boeing 737 has to make emergency landing after engine died ..spooky

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
Why? There's something like 1000 of these planes in service, many of which have been in service for decades and are poorly maintained due to airline cost-cutting, and 3 of them have had minor issues in the last month, none of which resulted in a crash.

Do you think there was some deliberate ploy to cause an engine problem in one plane and a panel problem in two other planes in order to accomplish....what?
yea breh this is totally normal:comeon:

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
They could have hit a bird for all we know, but ya'll already blame Boeing who does't make the engine or maintain it:mjlol:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
yea breh this is totally normal:comeon:

Yes, this is reasonably normal. For example, here is an article written in response to similar hype after two emergency landings due to engine issues in close proximity in February 2020. It suggests that major problems in commercial flights are rare, around 1 in 100,000.....but worldwide there are 100,000 commercial flights every day.

There are literally hundreds of emergency landings every month that don't make the news. Some major airports have close to one emergency landing every day. For example, here's an article about Charlotte Douglas, not a huge airport, and they had 133 emergency landings in 2016 and then 170 emergency landings in 2017. Most are non-commercial or regional flights, but major airliners had emergencies too:

Like that article says, having an actual emergency is rare compared to the # of flights that take off each day, but it happens regularly. There are around 100 commercial flights with emergency landings every year in the USA, of which some % are due to equipment issues of one kind or another.

Last edited:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
You all would have been scared to death to fly pre 9/11 then. Major airline crashes were a guarantee at least once or twice a year in America alone. And this was during Boeing's heyday. I hate flying but let's not get hysterical here. There are more commercial flights today than anytime in aviation history and aviation is safer than anytime in history. Yes, Boeing needs to get it's shyt together but a lot of these stories have to do with poor maintenance by the airlines.

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
Yes, this is reasonably normal. For example, here is an article written in response to similar hype after two emergency landings due to engine issues in close proximity in February 2020. It suggests that major problems in commercial flights are rare, around 1 in 100,000.....but worldwide there are 100,000 commercial flights every day.

There are literally hundreds of emergency landings every month that don't make the news. Some major airports have close to one emergency landing every day. For example, here's an article about Charlotte Douglas, not a huge airport, and they had 133 emergency landings in 2016 and then 170 emergency landings in 2017. Most are non-commercial or regional flights, but major airliners had emergencies too:

Like that article says, having an actual emergency is rare compared to the # of flights that take off each day, but it happens regularly. There are around 100 commercial flights with emergency landings every year in the USA, of which some % are due to equipment issues of one kind or another.
I can dig it u seem to know way more than me about this. Boeing stock took a dip over this as well.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
The airlines are. Boeing is certainly negligent when it comes to using outdated designs and shoddy craftsmanship, but some of these incidents that have been the news lately are due to poor maintenance from the airlines. This incident here can also be due to the engine manufacturer.

This is completely untrue
How the fukk can you say this when the whistleblower was just MURDERED?????????

Gunz&Butta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
American Airlines flies a lot of A321s. I ain't got no worries :blessed: . Have me some chin chin and a IPA and I'm snoozing

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Seems American planes are also built by the same guys who build American cars..

:huhldup:

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
I mean if your a mustang lover i dont hold it against you...:russ::heh:

But boeing needs to be re-educated...:mjpls:

Have you seen those birds upclose? :merchant:

Take a close look at the wing and you almost want to deplane..looks like its held in place by a few rusty nuts and possibly putty.