Another Boeing 737 has to make emergency landing after engine died ..spooky

RealAssanova

Ethnic Vagitarian
Daps
Reppin
6 Side.
All dual-engined aircrafts are built in such a way that if 1 engine flames out, the plane can still operate using the operational one.

However, its a different story if both engines flame out. That would make time, speed, distance and altitude become your biggest enemies and gravest concerns.

Last edited:

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
A lotta dual-engined aircrafts are built in such a way that if 1 engine flames out, the plane can still operate using the operational one.

However, its a different story if both engines flame out. That would make time, speed, distance and altitude become your biggest enemies and gravest concerns.

All are. Commercial aircraft in the US have to be ETOPS certified for the flights they operate, which means that at any point in the flight, if one engine fails, the other engine must be sufficient to take the aircraft to the nearest airport.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Engines die everday, B. :unimpressed:

Apply single or three engine boldface and land as soon as practical. :russell:

JLova

Veteran
Daps
You all would have been scared to death to fly pre 9/11 then. Major airline crashes were a guarantee at least once or twice a year in America alone. And this was during Boeing's heyday. I hate flying but let's not get hysterical here. There are more commercial flights today than anytime in aviation history and aviation is safer than anytime in history. Yes, Boeing needs to get it's shyt together but a lot of these stories have to do with poor maintenance by the airlines.
As much as I hate Air Canada, I fly with them all the time for that reason. They have one of the cleanest records out there. Also no major crashes during their tire existence.

You are right, there hasn’t been a crash in many years. I remember back in the day crashes were more frequent.