Ant-Man on MJ comparisons: “I can shoot the 3”

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Why do you need to not take a loss in the Finals to be better than Jordan? It's better to lose in the Finals than it is to lose earlier.
Think it’s moreso the way Bron lost in 2011

Unlike Mike who was the favorite in every Finals he was in , can’t say the same for Bron so that’s why I cut him some slack. But 2011 was bad

broller

Veteran
Daps
...And it's better to WIN the finals than lose dumbass. :russ: Bron stanleys are so desperate to spin losing (mostly in humiliating, lopsided fashion) as somehow being equal to winning the championship with undisputed FMVP on top. What GOAT in a sport reached that status LOSING championships??? Like seriously, look across EVERY professional sport and show me all the "best player of all time" candidates for each who's greatest career accomplishment is LOSING championships or title matches/games. I'll wait... just like anyone with a brain is waiting for someone to present an actual argument for someone over Jordan.:umad::unimpressed:

On the actual topic of the thread before bitter Bron stans derailed it like every other thread on here :comeon: Cantman doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan. Infinitely worse on both ends of the court, playstyles aren't even really similar if you've ever actually WATCHED either play (of course 99% of ppl parroting this take HAVEN'T), there's no comparison. As evidenced by the man himself saying "Please stop doing it" publicly. :camby:

Who the fukk said it's better to lose the finals than win? Is English your fifth language?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I want to believe you.

But the people you'd have to convince on the matter wouldn't see it that way.

Regardless, something that's never been seen before has to happen.

I'm looking at it solely from a "how do you convince the pro-Jordan camp to see it differently" standpoint. But I realize they will never see it differently.

I could sit here and say that it's more impressive for LeBron to go to 10 Finals (eight in a row), and it is, but people will just say "He lost more than he won" or "I'd rather go 6-0 as opposed to 4-6"

I'm more than open to Jordan not being the GOAT. I personally just haven't conjured up the right argument to step forward with it.
You're making a fair argument, bro. I just don't think it's about convincing Jordan Lifers, those types will never relent that its Jordan, there'll always be a barrier to someone surpassing Mike for them:

•it'll be "the era is too weak"
•it'll be they don't have the same amount of rings, scoring titles, or DPOYs as Mike
•it'll be they weren't as athletic as Mike, or not as skilled or dominant on one side of the ball as Mike

I could keep going. For those Mike Lifers, there will always be a roadblock to someone being better than Mike.

And you know this is true because literally on the first few pages of this thread, you got multiple nikkas talking about "matching Mike's work" 🤣🤣 🤣 so basically, unless a nikka has Mike's work line for line, to alot of these guys no one could ever be in the conversation 😂...

Its such a rudimentary and undeveloped way to view this conversation because Mike doesn't have the most Championships ever.....or the most DPOYs....or the most MVPs....or the most points.....or the most clutch/game winners....or the most Finals appearances....or the longest prime.....or the longest career....

None of the big metrics of standard, is Mike the "most" of, and yet Jordan Propaganda successfully convinced Basketball Culture that a guy who doesnt have the most in anything is "the standard". Just think about that for a second. This isnt Serena Williams or Tiger Woods or Wayne Gretzky we're talking about, someone who completely dominates the record books in their sport. That isnt Michael Jordan...

So it's not the Jordan Lifers you need to change their minds; they won't...

I've made plenty of arguments on here as to why Mike isnt the GOAT, most cats here are dismissive because my opinion is unpopular in Basketball Culture, which is fine. Everyone doesn't have to agree but I dont think its hard to make the case against Mike; just within this post I pointed out that he doesn't have the most of any of the real high bar important shyt------>so if he doesnt have the most of those things, why is out of the question that anyone else who also doesn't have the most, can have a credible case as GOAT?
The NBA is so desperate for an American born star now that Lebron, KD and Steph are old as fukk.

Anthony Edwards has never averaged above 25ppg in any season in the most watered down era in NBA history and they're comparing him to Jordan?

Like in order to even have a conversation, you have to be at least the best player in the NBA.

The kid's playing style is nothing like Jordan's as well. Besides, Jordan had like 4 different versions of himself. People just act like MJ played the exact same way throughout his career.
I do agree that the Ant/Mike comps have gotten a little outta control. He's in Y4 and hasn't been anywhere close to as dominant in 4 years as Mike was...

And I like Ant, but cats should just let his shyt play out some more. He's pretty well below Mike's trajectory as it stands right now and again i agree that his game may have some overlap with some versions of Mike, but isn't identical the way people have said...
Jordan played like 15 seasons and 2 on them was damn near charity work in Washington. Lebron is going on season 22 so almost at 7 more years. You're talking about going to the finals 40% of your seasons vs 45%. Not really that impressive a difference. It's more impressive that Jordan never lost in the finals.
Why do yall do this...

In 15 years LeBron went to three more Finals than Mike did; in 13 years he went to one more Finals than Mike. Bron had his team in contention more often than Mike, in same amount of time. It isn't the longevity, Bron was accruing these points when he was young just like Mike...

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The NBA is so desperate for an American born star now that Lebron, KD and Steph are old as fukk.

Anthony Edwards has never averaged above 25ppg in any season in the most watered down era in NBA history and they're comparing him to Jordan?

Like in order to even have a conversation, you have to be at least the best player in the NBA.

The kid's playing style is nothing like Jordan's as well. Besides, Jordan had like 4 different versions of himself. People just act like MJ played the exact same way throughout his career.
Agreed, although he averaged 25.9ppg this year.

Production wise, I don't see what he's doing currently as elite. In today's wide open play style 26/5/5 isn't all that impressive to me. Booker has been doing that for 5 years now.

This whole conversation started as a joke due to similarity in looks and now its moved from meme to media story. :francis:

Bop Gun

Turn Me Loose, We Shall Overcome
Daps
Reppin
210 via 201
The 3-Point hot take is always ignoring context, because if you look at his stats, you will see the 4 Seasons MJ shot more than 200 Attempts, his 3pt FG% was actually decent to pretty good:

Having said that, Anthony Edwards is doing his thing out there and these journalists and fans need to stop forcing comparisons to other players and let these guys be.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
...And it's better to WIN the finals than lose dumbass. :russ: Bron stanleys are so desperate to spin losing (mostly in humiliating, lopsided fashion) as somehow being equal to winning the championship with undisputed FMVP on top. What GOAT in a sport reached that status LOSING championships??? Like seriously, look across EVERY professional sport and show me all the "best player of all time" candidates for each who's greatest career accomplishment is LOSING championships or title matches/games. I'll wait... just like anyone with a brain is waiting for someone to present an actual argument for someone over Jordan.:umad::unimpressed:

On the actual topic of the thread before bitter Bron stans derailed it like every other thread on here :comeon: Cantman doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Jordan. Infinitely worse on both ends of the court, playstyles aren't even really similar if you've ever actually WATCHED either play (of course 99% of ppl parroting this take HAVEN'T), there's no comparison. As evidenced by the man himself saying "Please stop doing it" publicly. :camby:
There is no basketball case for Lebron over MJ. These Bron stans are all emotional for no reason. Lebron just ain’t it

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Think it’s moreso the way Bron lost in 2011

Unlike Mike who was the favorite in every Finals he was in , can’t say the same for Bron so that’s why I cut him some slack. But 2011 was bad
If you’re the goat then how could you not be the favorite in the finals?