Ant-Man on MJ comparisons: “I can shoot the 3”

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Lebron ain’t the goat though,
And that’s an opinion

(I don’t believe so either)

But GOAT arguments are still opinions at the end of the day and people that think Bron is the GOAT will only have their arguments strengthen the further we get away from Mike, KAJ, Russell etc

Let Ant-Man get a couple and see how stupid this generation coming up with him act. Or Wemby

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Portland fans will be having a few words with Ant-man. I don't know how many 3s Jordan hit against Clyde and nem, but it was an avalanche of them. In Jordan's era they didn't focus on the 3, but I would not have put the ability to shoot the 3 beyond Jordan if he decided to focused on it.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
And that’s an opinion

But GOAT arguments are still opinions at the end of the day and people that think Bron is the GOAT will only have their arguments strengthen the further we get away from Mike, KAJ, Russell etc

Let Ant-Man get a couple and see how stupid this generation coming up with him act. Or Wemby
The nikka you quoted truly doesn't believe that "Mike is the GOAT" is an opinion like any other name being GOAT is 😂 easily one of the WOAT posters in this section...

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Three years ago, Devin Booker was getting crowned as new Kobe while leading the Suns to the Finals, much like how Ant-man is getting crowned as new Jordan.

The year before this one, Booker was averaging 34/7/5 -- numbers not that far off from what current playoff MVP Brunson is doing right now -- in the postseason while shooting nearly 60 percent from the floor and better than 50 percent from 3.

Only difference is that the Suns aren't getting wins. That doesn't change that individually, Booker has raised his game in the playoffs before.
Book does it in-between the margins, tho.He put up 35/7/5- 60/50/90 splits on an injured Clippers team in the 1st rd.He becomes an inefficient volume scorer when the pressure turns up & and you need him the most.I say that as a Suns fan.We'll see if Ant proves to have more heart when the stakes turn high.I agree people are getting ahead of themselves & attempting to crown him a lil too early right now.I'mma let the post season run it's course first.GM 4 tonight will be a good test for him.He seems built for it, tho.He has the strength & athleticism to overcome physical playoff defense better than Book.That's where Book always falls short.The battle of attrition.He can't just physically overpower/out-will that type of game plan vs the more elite teams.Which is why he'll never be anything more than a 2nd tier star.

HabitualChiller

Enjoying a Long Night of Solace✌
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere on an Xbox
Agreed, although he averaged 25.9ppg this year.

Production wise, I don't see what he's doing currently as elite. In today's wide open play style 26/5/5 isn't all that impressive to me. Booker has been doing that for 5 years now.

This whole conversation started as a joke due to similarity in looks and now its moved from meme to media story. :francis:
The difference is that he plays great - elite defense. A guy giving you 25/5/5 efficiently with great play on the other end is rare at the 2. I'd even go so far as to say that it's rare at the 1 lol.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
And that’s an opinion

Antman and Wemby has a chance to achieve goat status if they exceed what MJ has done. Lebron had his chance but came up short. Just because Lebron is your favorite player don’t mean he is the goat that’s what his stans need to internalize.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
The nikka you quoted truly doesn't believe that "Mike is the GOAT" is an opinion like any other name being GOAT is 😂 easily one of the WOAT posters in this section...
Nikka be honest with yourself, you shook of the things I have to say about Lebron cause deep down you have common sense.

Lebron took the shortcut and got lost in his quest to be the goat.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
At the end of the day, they keep pressing him for soundbites and he keeps giving them. It's entertaining and good for his brand right now, but I hope he sees the longterm game they're playing.

This is what the media does, they 100% want you to say crazy shyt.

It's not impactful now because you have your entire playing career in front of you, but when you're 27/28 and ringless after another play-off exit, if you don't have that insane insane one-of-a-kind mental game you'll start feeling a lot of pressure when they start throwing all this back in your face and get you to unravel. Media is an experienced vet at this. They do this with certain players, as you can imagine.

The thing with Mike is the notorious cutthroat soundbites were found out after his playing days. Most people had no real clue about them, until 20 years after his rookie year. Mike was pretty lowkey and humble during the interviews, only a couple jabs here and there and only unloaded a left hook every now-and-then.

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
At the end of the day, they keep pressing him for soundbites and he keeps giving them. It's entertaining and good for his brand right now, but I hope he sees the longterm game they're playing.

This is what the media does, they 100% want you to say crazy shyt.

It's not impactful now because you have your entire playing career in front of you, but when you're 27/28 and ringless after another play-off exit, if you don't have that insane insane one-of-a-kind mental game you'll start feeling a lot of pressure when they start throwing all this back in your face and get you to unravel. Media is an experienced vet at this. They do this with certain players, as you can imagine.

The thing with Mike is the notorious cutthroat soundbites were found out after his playing days. Most people had no real clue about them, until 20 years after his rookie year. Mike was pretty lowkey during the interviews, only a couple jabs here and there and only unloaded a straight right every now-and-then.
mj people responsible for his public image were a different breed

today's advisers gonna encourage fukkery to a degree

in mj's era they were trying to keep everything outside his play on the court quiet

in ant's era they are trying to get players to live their while life for public entertainment

nasty attention seeking clout chasing behavior

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
mj people responsible for his public image were a different breed

today's advisers gonna encourage fukkery to a degree

in mj's era they were trying to keep everything outside his play on the court quiet

in ant's era they are trying to get players to live their while life for public entertainment

nasty attention seeking clout chasing behavior

I think especially back then.

Seeing how Nike was still on the come up, Jordan maybe felt responsible to appear more professional and represent his brand with a certain level of maturity.

It's different circumstances for sure, but the less talking definitely works to someone's favor.

Even during a play-off LOSS the media went to Jordan first after being eliminated and asked for his take to which he answered very professional but honest and straightforward.

Edit - it's actually his principles as he was raised to be humble:

Last edited:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
I think especially back then.

Seeing how Nike was still on the come up, Jordan maybe felt responsible to appear more professional and represent his brand with a certain level of maturity.

It's different circumstances for sure, but the less talking definitely works to someone's favor.
two different eras being given different instructions

mj was being coached to keep quiet

ant is being coached to speak out