Antarctic ice sheet collapse now unstoppable say scientists. :-/

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
I grew up near Three Mile Island and I am all for nuclear power. It's a cleaner solution.

Ok, well there is so really cheap real estate in the Fukushima prefecture in Japan. Why don't you move there and grow some vegetables, and live there year around. Beachfront property too. :sas2:

*Waits for response* :sas1:

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
Ok, well there is so really cheap real estate in the Fukushima prefecture in Japan. Why don't you move there and grow some vegetables, and live there year around. Beachfront property too. :sas2:

*Waits for response* :sas1:

Why would I want to live there? This has nothing to do with anything. They screwed up and parts of the that area are probably inhabitable for a while.

Sure there's been some accidents and outright disasters. But how many have operated in the world for years without problems?

France gets like 70% of their power through it. You're taking one disaster and saying it's not a viable solution.

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Why would I want to live there? This has nothing to do with anything. They screwed up and parts of the that area are probably inhabitable for a while.

Sure there's been some accidents and outright disasters. But how many have operated in the world for years without problems?

France gets like 70% of their power through it. You're taking one disaster and saying it's not a viable solution.

Avoids obviousness of the potency of what I just said

Domingo you said it was safe, I made the point that you should move to Fukushima since its so safe and make hundreds if no thousands of square miles uninhabitable ..........:laugh: ..nothing else to say

If the climate in Japan is not to your liking, there is property in Ukraine, I think they call it Chernobyl....probably get a good a good deal there..

Three Mile Island was bad, but not like those accidents.....and they say these plants are leaking tritium (other stuff too) regardless of how "safe" you make them

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Forgive me if im wrong on this and I really don't feel like doing the adequate research on it, but aren't all of the nuclear plants we have many decades old? I remember reading something about how the newer designs they came up with are miles ahead in safety and efficiency.

Also, the problem with Fukushima was more its location than anything else. Seems like a variable that will definitely be accounted for more going forward.

:manny:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Forgive me if im wrong on this and I really don't feel like doing the adequate research on it, but aren't all of the nuclear plants we have many decades old? I remember reading something about how the newer designs they came up with are miles ahead in safety and efficiency.

Also, the problem with Fukushima was more its location than anything else. Seems like a variable that will definitely be accounted for more going forward.

:manny:

Nuclear energy and power plants are relatively safe. They can be, and should be improved upon. I think it's necessary to use them in a quick transition from fossil fuels to 100% solar/wind.

The deaths that resulted from 2 of the three biggest meltdowns had to do with Soviet response and their attempts to keep it under wraps. Japan has zero deaths resulting from what happened last time I checked. Don't get me wrong, it's potentially very serious issues that can arise but if you're telling me to take chances between rising sea levels (beyond what this articles describes) and the occasional meltdown that can be contained, I'll take the meltdown. Even storing the waste has been vastly improved and scientists and engineers are working on ways to re-use spent radioactive materials in order to reduce waste to relatively minuscule levels.

newworldafro

Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
You jokers spooning nook power, but wouldn't dare set up your dream home near one. :camby:

Calling it safe and somehow forgetting an entire region of Japan is probably the most undesirable piece of property on the planet. No companies will be setting up shop in that part of the world. No tourists well be going there to swim in the waters or enjoy the scenery either. :comeon: ... Hell Monsanto want even be going there put to GM food in the ground... you know its bad then :laugh: ... :beli:

Last edited:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i havent seen waterworld in a long time, didnt all the ice caps melt or something?

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Even if there was a consensus on the subject in this country, we still would not have been able to do enough in the past decade to stop this from happening. Emerging economies are going to keep using more and more fossil fuels so that they can grow and compete with us. The problem lies mostly outside of the bullshyt political situation in Washington.

Too easy a cop-out breh, developped countries have been polluting heavily for decades now, too easy to point the finger at emerging countries now as sole culprits.

Dirty deeds: The world's biggest polluters by country | GlobalPost

3 out of 5 of the biggest polluters are not emerging economies. US became second only in 2006.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
You jokers spooning nook power, but wouldn't dare set up your dream home near one. :camby:

Calling it safe and somehow forgetting an entire region of Japan is probably the most undesirable piece of property on the planet. No companies will be setting up shop in that part of the world. No tourists weill going there to swim in the waters or enjoy the scenery either. :comeon: ... Hell Monsanto want even be going there put to GM food in the ground... you know its bad then :laugh: ... :beli:

You're being disingenuous.

Japan got hit with an unprecedented earthquake and tsunamis. Engineers take that into account from now on. That's been the history of engineering.

Also, I do live by a nuclear power plant so stop with the deflecting.

Turkey Point Nuclear Generating Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bring some facts to the table instead of weak arguments based on fear.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
image57.png

:feedme: