Anthony Bennett: Worst #1 overall ever?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
To be fair, just a little, there was no clear number one overall pick that year and GMs apparently dreaded getting that pick because of that reason. The best prospect, Noel, went down with an ACL injury and was going to miss the year(and every single team that could have picked him should have) and everyone else was pretty meh.

I mean the best players in that draft went 14th(Giannis) and 27th(Rudy Gobert).

Nah, this was an instance of Chris Grant trying to be the smartest guy in the room.

dterpsss

SOHH OG Class 2004
Daps
Reppin
Home of the terrapins
nope,
136136236_0.jpg

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
:leostare:

Look at the history of Grant's stay in Atlanta, they drafted nothing but forwards; Childress, Williams, Smith and Diaw.

Bennett is like a culmination of all those dudes.

Cavs badly needed front court scoring at that point.

That was pretty much the only thing Bennett was able to do at UNLV and there was a severe lack of big men who could score/shoot during that draft.

They wanted to trade back. But we've been through that a million times.

Gilbert and Nate Forbes had a lot to do with the pick as well.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps
anthony-bennet.jpg

Every time I see this picture I lose it... like... I just be dyin laughin. How could an overall #1 pick be SO damn bad?? :dwillhuh:

Look I get it, the draft was weak and its not his fault that the dumbass CLE front office took him that early... but COTDAMN :scust: he really bout to be a career D leaguer. How you the #1 pick and you get waived mad times?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Cavs badly needed front court scoring at that point.

That was pretty much the only thing Bennett was able to do at UNLV and there was a severe lack of big men who could score/shoot during that draft.

They wanted to trade back. But we've been through that a million times.

Gilbert and Nate Forbes had a lot to do with the pick as well.

Grant clearly has a thing for multi-faceted forwards, you can't look at what the Hawks were drafting with him there as a scout or as Assistant gm and then not see the same thing with Bennett.

They needed scoring sure, but Bennett was like his do over for Marvin Williams.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
Grant clearly has a thing for multi-faceted forwards, you can't look at what the Hawks were drafting with him there as a scout or as Assistant gm and then not see the same thing with Bennett.

They needed scoring sure, but Bennett was like his do over for Marvin Williams.

Front court scoring. Not just scoring.

2012-2014 with the exception of AD and the ghost of Embiid was a bit of a rough patch for bigs that could score inside and out.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
blazers picked a complete stiff in the mid 70s, larue or something. those 2 are neck and neck for worst

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Even if we count old school players like LaRue Martin Kent Benson Bennett would still take the mantle as the worst pick ever. Guys like Pervis Ellison and Kwame Brown has long serviceable careers in the NBA. They were busts of course but they aren't in the running for the worst number 1 pick ever.