Anti-Defamation League: Ellison's past remarks about Israel 'disqualifying'

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
another 1

Keith Ellison is unfit for the chair

Democrats, out of power in the White House, House and Senate, are free to pick whomever they wish to lead their party back.

A piece of friendly advice: Rep. Keith Ellison of Minnesota would be an unwise choice to sit atop the Democratic National Committee.

The DNC chair’s job is to run the party by raising money, articulating the party’s philosophy and platform, and coordinating campaign strategy.

Three marks against Ellison:

He is a serving congressman who would be distracted if not conflicted by the task of balancing both official and political roles — a challenge highlighted by Rep. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz’s disastrous time as Democrat-in-charge.

A staunch supporter of Bernie Sanders, he represents the left-most fringes of a party that should continue to vie for the vital center, to the extent that one still exists in American politics.

And he has repeatedly pulled the Democratic Party further away from its staunch support of Israel, America’s closest Mideast ally.

In 2009, Ellison lamented that “the people who have a strong sympathy for the Israeli position dominate the conversation” — clearly implying that his sympathies lay elsewhere.

And he told the BBC that it would be unwise for a member of Congress to reach out to Hamas — not because it is a terrorist organization committed to Israel’s destruction, but because, given the inevitable ensuing public scrutiny, “I would spend a lot of time fighting off personal attack.”

At a 2010 fundraiser, Ellison said: “The United States foreign policy in the Middle East is governed by what is good or bad through a country of 7 million people. ”

The sentiment, expressed a year before the Arab Spring and America’s response to it turned the region upside down, would have merely been quaint were it not also dismissive of the importance of Israel as a moral and strategic partner.

Politicians are free to question the intensity of America’s attachment to Israel — but the DNC chair has special responsibility to carry the party’s banner high.

Pick someone else.

the ego of the author to actually include that last sentence :pacspit:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

phobos:\\

All Star
Daps
I know some Jewish people that speak about how "sensitive" Black people are to real forms of injustice, but let one politician say, "I don't like Israel's policy on x", and they'll be out in the streets protesting, creating article after article talking about how anti-Semitic that person is, etc.... Very sensitive group of people.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
So Zionists simultaneously want to act like Israel is the embodiment of world Jewry, but then get mad when people take them at their word and hold Jews around the world responsible for Israel's crimes.

Oochie Wally :hula: One Mic

I reject the premise that Israel represents world Jewry. I have no issue with Jews and militantly stand against anti-Semitism as I do all forms of racism and ethnic discrimination. But Israel is a settler colonialist state and has zero legitimacy.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

Keith Ellison went to Gaza in 2009. ISIS has put a price on his head too.

ellison-gaza.jpg

ellison.baird.gaza.jpg

Last edited:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So, that means Ellison HATES Ethiopians, Palestinians, Samaritans, Maronites, Sudanese, and Tigre people too right :heh: These ADL guys are trying to set an agenda and Ellison has denounced the NOI NUMEROUS of times :snoop: I'm cool with Jews (More than just Ashkenazi out there). However, this is a smear campaign because they are threatened by him. Also, the Palestinians will get their due justice also :ufdup:

STILL ELLISON :umad:

why the fukk does he have to denounce the NOI?

Fenian

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Govan
why the fukk does he have to denounce the NOI?

He doesn't have to do it but he has.

"I wrongly dismissed concerns that they [Farrakhan's remarks] were anti-Semitic. They were and are anti-Semitic and I should have come to that conclusion earlier than I did."

The media still trying to spin it differently to turn opinion on him.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
no, i want you to tell me why. specifically.
Alright, since you want to play with me I'll tell you. You will NOT win a campaign with the NOI. Obama had to disavow an NOI endorsement when he ran the first time. I've admit I don't care for the NOI (personal reasons). Farrakhan says things I agree with once and a while. However, if you are running to win you can't be associated with them or other militant groups. Before you use Trump (remember he's a billionaire). Since, I knew you were gonna use that line next I beat you to it :francis: