Any of y'all work remote?

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Been remote since April and I work in banking. I fukking love it. I can go into detail about why, but then this would be a long post. So I’ll just say again, I love it and hope I never have to return to the office. Currently we are set to come back in April :mjcry:
:scust: I'm pulling for you bruh to not have to go in. That sucks because you get so comfortable working remote just to pull you back in the office.

I got out just in time. My previous job wanted me to come back in the office. It was crazy. Soon as I got their email for stating I needed to come back. My current job emailed me my offer letter. I resigned instantly :pachaha:

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
PROs working at home

Way too many pros for me. I actually honestly have no Cons. I'm teched out in my office with the best equipment. Got four monitors :mjgrin:

Getting up early to commute and fight traffic literally had me in a shytty mood and the day didn't even start yet. No fake smiles, pointless chatter, none of that at home. The forced engagement piece is literally non existent which something I truly like. I'm way more happy now.
I be getting stuff around the house done. Even be cutting my grass sometimes :pachaha:. The money I save on food and gas is ridiculous. Flexible schedule is pretty nice too. I could even leave my house and work at the pier if I wanted too. There is just so many things you can do, that you can't with being in the office.

You can also cut out early and do the after work scene and be the first person there and not have to fight for a seat.

The days seem to go by much faster also. I remember looking at my computer clock saying its 4:50 pm. Seems like it took a half hour to get to 5pm:mjlol:

I guess depends on what your profession is. I only really communicate by email or messenger. I have to say I this is one of the top things that I've been thankful for in my life. I'm getting a Boston salary living in FL:blessed:
Breh, shyt is really the GOAT life, I did a week from the beach and was like, how the fukk can I go back to an office environment? :hhh:, not to mention being able to handle all
Of my errands and appointments during the work day, or simply have my TV on all day and chill on the couch during down time :ohlawd:

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
Breh, shyt is really the GOAT life, I did a week from the beach and was like, how the fukk can I go back to an office environment? :hhh:, not to mention being able to handle all
Of my errands and appointments during the work day, or simply have my TV on all day and chill on the couch during down time :ohlawd:

Yeah too many pros like I said. The biggest and how I could forget. These remote jobs don't drug test. :lolbron: Yet another savings because I would have to do the fake piss thing again. That shyt ain't cheap. :birdman:

I be high AF during down time. :ahh:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
The silver lining in the pandemic for me was the ability to work remote PERMANENTLY. I just started a remote job as a Treasurer last week. I LOVE IT. It depends on your personality. I'm an Accountant by trade so I don't like to talk much at work. Plus I'm around mostly cacs, so the office environment is lacks culture and is hella corny. The constant chatter at cubicles, B day celebrations, people asking you to go to lunch with them or engage in a nasty pot luck is something I do not miss. Since I'm extremely introverted at work, the remote setting pleases me.

Just wondering, not being critical, but is this something you do by design.....or is it because you had so much shyt to do? I don't understand people who don't socialize at work.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I personally would love to work from home, but in my industry (mfg) unless I worked for a F500 company, it just won't ever happen. Have to be at the office to supervise the floor etc.

WFH seems challenging for probably the first 3 months, then cake.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Being a consultant then recruiter, I've essentially been remote for the past 3 years. It's been great for the most part. I hope I don't have to go back to an office job in the future.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I've been remoting since March. The only downside is that I have to schedule stuff that I can turn around in my chair and just ask within a minute. However I get to work in shirts and shorts, and plus post on the Coli.

That being said I wouldn't mind going back to the office Mon through Wed, Thurs is optional but Fridays are always at home when this pandemic is controlled.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've been remote since March too. Initially, I was terrible at it and used most of my time to do non-work related stuff. Eventually, I forced myself to maintain a structure and I'm more productive than I've ever been in all facets of my life.

As others have mentioned before, the lack of a commute also gives me back about an hour and a half a day of productivity. I'm less drained as a result too. Now that I'm in charge of my workday entirely, it has resulted in much less distractions and. Heck, even taking a piss takes 30 seconds now, and before I would have to walk across the office and back and potentially bump into someone who wanted to small talk.

The one downside is that it is so easy to zone out during meetings. Pre-covid, we occasionally had laptop-less meetings to maintain focus, but now, when you are communicating via webcam, it's easy to just get distracted and start surfing the internet. It is especially easy when it's a team meeting and the convo drifts to a topic unrelated to your day-to-day, but I've done it once or twice during 1-on-1's with my manager too.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
The one downside is that it is so easy to zone out during meetings. Pre-covid, we occasionally had laptop-less meetings to maintain focus, but now, when you are communicating via webcam, it's easy to just get distracted and start surfing the internet. It is especially easy when it's a team meeting and the convo drifts to a topic unrelated to your day-to-day, but I've done it once or twice during 1-on-1's with my manager too.

If its a 30 min meeting, Ill webcam, anything more and its pure audio for me.