Any of y'all work remote?

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Bumping this since some of us are remote and getting the vaccine

Is everyone staying home? I am thinking of traveling to the west coast and getting an Airbnb for a month or something[/QUOTE]
My company got rid of our office space. Im fully remote going forward. :yes:

I was just talking to my girl about packing up for a few weeks and just going outta town, I feel you on that.

Last edited:

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day

I wasn’t even thinking about it till my boss said we might be remote till the end of the year

I could take a vacation without taking a vacation basically. With another stimulus probably coming I might just drop that for a place

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Bumping this since some of us are remote and getting the vaccine

Is everyone staying home? I am thinking of traveling to the west coast and getting an Airbnb for a month or something
Job is scaling down office wise. Even reduced their lease. They’re turning into a shared workspace. With that said the goal is for us to visit the office once a week for at most a couple hours. Having in person meetings would count towards this.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I wasn’t even thinking about it till my boss said we might be remote till the end of the year

I could take a vacation without taking a vacation basically. With another stimulus probably coming I might just drop that for a place
Hold up there’s another stimulus coming :noah:

I hope I still qualify :damn:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My company is WFH through August and then doing a 'trial' run of 2 days in the office a week from September - December. I lowkey expected to be back in the office long before then so this is all icing on the cake.

With that said, I really think that millennials in general are going to be on companies' necks about making WFH permanent. We are already dipping when WFH is still a thing, so any company that tries to pivot hard back to the office is going to suffer a lot of turnover for their employees under 40, especially if they don't have kids. Like a lot of people my age, most of my discretionary income went towards socializing/partying and so I stacked my money throughout Covid and have "fukk it, I'm not rich but I can take time off and then find a new job" money if my company irritates me. I'd bet a lot of professionals are in the same headspace and so many companies better tread lightly.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
We're back in the office after Labour day. Honestly, I want to do full time in the office for the next 8 months once I get in. Maybe 4 in office, 1 WFH. Starting a new job remote for a non-remote first position is the WOAT.

I think in the long term WFH may also limit people's pace for promotions. WFH is good for tasks and some types of collaboration but the lack of a dedicated space and enterprise infrastructure is a pain point. But yea, the cost savings can't be denied.

I still like the separation of work and home. I just want the option to WFH on days where I'm doing admin work or I really don't need to be in the office.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
The only thing I miss is the commute which can break up the monotony.

And going to restaurants and bars after work.

People have been doing virtual commutes. Just go somewhere for breakfast at 8, then run errands at 5.

I thought about something similar to get back into my onsite routine when our office opens.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I went into the office for first time in a year end of March. Gonna go in this week on Thursday since I never met my intern in person. Kind of crazy.

My company announced a back to office date of after Labour Day as well. There'll be WFH options moving forward. I've gotten used to the lack of commute... won't mind a couple days in the office though. I do miss socializing after work.

Many of my colleagues are out of DC right now.... esp those who are from other states and went to be with their families

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
Hold up there’s another stimulus coming :noah:

I hope I still qualify :damn:

yeah I think so. I just got a letter yesterday in the mail from the whitehouse. I’m I’m still skeptical that it could be old or something lol.

but if it happens...oh boy!

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
We are set to come back in after Labor Day. The only thing I miss about the office was the number of baddies that work or shop around my office. I was located in midtown Atlanta, so it was a prime location. Still WFH is still the best option for me and I’m not looking forward to going back.