Anyone here do a juice fast?

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
After seeing the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead I've decided to go on a juice fast. I'm currently on day one and this is what the day has entailed -

Juice 1 - Oranges, Pears, Cucumber, Broccoli, Carrots
Juice 2 -Spinach, Beets, Apples, Carrots, Bananas, Ginger
Juice 3 - Red peppers, onions, celery, carrots, tomatoes

2 pint sized glasses of the first 2 each and 1 pint sized glass of the last one for the day and 3 glasses of water. This is what I've had for the last 12 hours and all I gotta say is....

:sadcam: this shyt is rough as fukk brehs. I'm full, my body feels pretty good and I expect to continue to feel good, but goddamn I just wanna give in to my fat fukk needs.

I'n 6'4 269 and I'm doing this for the rest of lent, so this is going the last week of March. From reading stories and of course the documentary, a lot of weight stands to be lost from this as well as trying to just "reboot" and live a healthier lifestyle. My hope is to get down to 230, although more would surely be welcome. After that, I'll essentially be adjusting my eating habits to try to maintain this weight and eventually get to working out more to tone the weight lost.

For those that have done this or known people that have, any thoughts? Words of encouragement? Anything? I'm doing this with my girl so we'll definitely be holding each other up during this but.....that pizza. That chicken. That fat fukkness. :ellen:

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Ive seen the documentary and although I appreciate that he was able to adopt healthier habits, I dont consider long term juice "fasts" to lead to sustainable fat loss. He was on an extremely low calorie diet and jogged for long periods of time. Anyone will lose weight (and muscle mass) with that.

If juicing is the only way for you to get your veggies in , then do it. However, lean proteins With your veggies can probably help you better achieve a healthier lifestyle without starving or feeling like you are on a diet. The part I took away the most is how he emphasized replacing your bad habits with permanent good ones, and to me, any cleanse or long term fast doesnt smell of permanence.

Carter G. Hoodson

Tarik is my name ✊✊✊
Daps
Reppin
East Orange, NJ
Wouldn't recommend it. It's funny I'm 6'5 trying to gain weight, you trying to lose. :dwillhuh:

Simply...cut out all products with sugar, no empty calories food items like bread, pasta, etc.

Eat only fresh raw vegetables. Alfalfa, Spinach, Kale..etc

Drink water and Green Tea...Green tea after every meal. You'll easily lose it.

You ever think about going vegan?

A-Train

Express.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I plan on trying this, but with smoothies. I want that fiber.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
Do you feel full after drinking one those?

Sent from a Super Samsung 3 via Master Roshi's Island.

Yung Yogurt

Culo Season
Daps
Reppin
Team Peakaboo
I got a juicer... I use it from time to time but I really need to get back to using it 4-5 times a week. I juiced some beets 1 time and it turned my nut and dookie burgundy for like 3 days :huh:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
BTW - not sure how well it would work with juice, but adding chia seeds to my green smoothies do wonders for helping to keep a nikka feeling full... :ahh:

How much chia seeds do you generally put in your smoothies? I've been thinking about getting into that but also using Hemp seeds and Flaxseeds. Anyways, I know those Blueprint juices are used for this but I figure it'd be easier to change your portions, how often you eat, and at what times do you eat. Juice diets sounds like fad following shyt like eating all gluten free shyt without having an allergy towards gluten.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
How much chia seeds do you generally put in your smoothies? I've been thinking about getting into that but also using Hemp seeds and Flaxseeds. Anyways, I know those Blueprint juices are used for this but I figure it'd be easier to change your portions, how often you eat, and at what times do you eat. Juice diets sounds like fad following shyt like eating all gluten free shyt without having an allergy towards gluten.

I used to measure out my chia seeds, maybe a couple tablespoons. Now I kinda just pour it in there. I don't go ham with it cause it can get a little costly like that. Just bought two pouches from bb.com for like 25 dollars.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yeah, I know them shyts cost a lot so I wanted to be sure that you didn't need too much seeds to make a difference in the smoothie. I wanna try seeds in my oatmeal too actually.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Yeah, I know them shyts cost a lot so I wanted to be sure that you didn't need too much seeds to make a difference in the smoothie. I wanna try seeds in my oatmeal too actually.

2tbsp or tsp and you should be good to go, my nikka. :obama: :myman: I tend to go overboard on that kinda stuff since I figure I'm a bigger nikka.

Daniel.

Daps
Do you feel full after drinking one those?

Sent from a Super Samsung 3 via Master Roshi's Island.

I wouldn't go as far as to say I felt full after one but I was....contained, I guess. I didn't feel hungry and whenever I did get an urge, drinking kind of suppressed it. I felt pretty full by the time the night was over though, all the way into the morning and at work today. In one drink you're honestly putting in like 12-15 fruits and veggies, so it's definitely possible to get full off of it, at least for a good 3 hours or so.

On day 2 I've had 2 juices that I brought from home to work and they were probably not as much as I had yesterday but it kept me for the day. I think my body is finally catching on to what I'm doing and is starting to get a little annoyed, I'm definitely feeling irritable right now but I almost feel like I'm experiencing this shyt in 3rd person because it's fun to watch how I respond to this.

Daniel.

Daps
Wouldn't recommend it. It's funny I'm 6'5 trying to gain weight, you trying to lose. :dwillhuh:

Simply...cut out all products with sugar, no empty calories food items like bread, pasta, etc.

Eat only fresh raw vegetables. Alfalfa, Spinach, Kale..etc

Drink water and Green Tea...Green tea after every meal. You'll easily lose it.

You ever think about going vegan?

I plan on cutting out/limiting a lot of those once I end this and incorporating more greens definitely, but going vegan is definitely not an option lol. I just wanna give myself a fresh start, get a better base for losing weight and getting to the size I want and then managing my eating habits from there. :manny: