Anyone here do a juice fast?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can I piggyback off of this? :guilty:

Long story short:
Was always a pretty big dude, wasn't really fat though. Was active, played sports, really good social life, etc. :obama:
In the last two years, my life has slowed down A LOT. Graduated college, settled down with a nice girl. Been working etc. Ain't been as active. Work in the hood (although it's becoming better) and ain't shyt to eat but fast food. No bullshyt, there's a Burger King, KFC, and McDonald's all within a block of each other. I don't think I gotta tell y'all the rest. :snoop:
I had a moment of clarity where I ran up like 5 flights of stairs. Was GASSED. Decided to start working out again. Did the right thing by going to the doctor and getting a physical. BP was type high. Declined medication (fukk that :comeon:) and decided to diet and exercise. Replaced one meal a day with a green salad. Cut bread, soda, juices, candies alla dat. My plate is now 2/4 greens, 1/4 proteins, 1/4 grains and starches. Dropped over 20 lbs in 7 weeks, been power walking/jogging at least 3 days a week.

The only reason I'm posting this here is because I have a homegirl who's into holistics and homeopathic methods and she said she's going to put me on to some natural juices and remedies to help get right. I'm a bit skeptical, but I'm willing to try. I know better than to try to get all my nutrients from juice, but I want to know if there's any merit to juicing, making shakes and such. :ld:

I like getting my servings of veggies in one glass at one meal vs over several meals. Also I'm able to try a lot of vegetables I wouldn't normally eat and I personally would rather drink my vegetables than eat them.

:salute: your weight loss. Keep up the good work!

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I like getting my servings of veggies in one glass at one meal vs over several meals. Also I'm able to try a lot of vegetables I wouldn't normally eat and I personally would rather drink my vegetables than eat them.

:salute: your weight loss. Keep up the good work!

Yeah, that's why I'm interested in juicing. I can do the leafy greens and such (I don't even use dressing :obama:), but I've always hated beets and other more peculiar veggies (peculiar, at least in my mind). I want to get into more veggies and while I don't anticipate becoming completely vegetarian or vegan, I do want to become more dependent on them.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. We're all gonna make it. :smile:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that's why I'm interested in juicing. I can do the leafy greens and such (I don't even use dressing :obama:), but I've always hated beets and other more peculiar veggies (peculiar, at least in my mind). I want to get into more veggies and while I don't anticipate becoming completely vegetarian or vegan, I do want to become more dependent on them.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. We're all gonna make it. :smile:

I don't juice anymore, I mostly make smoothies which are way more tolerable drink than juice, imo but I did like some of the juices when I started. I've used beets in smoothies and I like them but you can definitely tell they are in there. The whole juice and smoothie things is a acquired taste though but once you get used to it, you'll be trying all types of stuff.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Yeah, I've always used either kale or spinach (occasionally celery) in my smoothies, and based off this nikka I came across on youtube, I started looking for swiss chard to use in my shakes for variety. Went to Whole Foods and found that they had two bunches for five dollars. I recommend my man:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GYgrAhBzOU[/ame]

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Yeah, I've always used either kale or spinach (occasionally celery) in my smoothies, and based off this nikka I came across on youtube, I started looking for swiss chard to use in my shakes for variety. Went to Whole Foods and found that they had two bunches for five dollars. I recommend my man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GYgrAhBzOU

Been watching almost 30 mins now. :merchant:
Will definitely subscribe and use this guy's recipe. Respect, brother.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
:obama: appreciate the followup. My final weight at the end of the fast was 237. I had my pigout moment on vacation after slowly getting back into food and gained 11 lbs back during the initial run. Its been about 3 weeks since the pigout and im at 250 which im not exacty happy about but not mad at since its the range i expected. Ive maintained that weight for a bit now and have been watching my food and being more active fitting in basketball when i can and walking home over the bridge from manhattan into bk when its nice out. Doctors visit was wild loyta my vitals were way down so overall i consider it a success :obama:

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
i do this no more than 7 days at a time. ease back into eating real food because boy...:whew:

poop explosion

No lie. I bought a nutribullet off the strength of this and another thread. Its great but since I've been shytting up to three times a day. :whew: I only drink a smoothie now for breakfast on the weekends. When I have then luxury to shyt in my own toilet

Sent from a Super Samsung Galaxy 3 via Master Roshi's Island.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I'm doing a juice cleanse Tuesday and Wednesday

Wish me luck brehs