Anyone tried Intermittent Fasting?

Daps
Reppin
SoFla
Ramadan is coming up, so I'm gonna be fasting during the day. Trying not to let it completely ruin the progress I've made thus far, so I figured maybe some form of intermittent fasting might be a good idea.

Does anyone have experience with this? Just looking for some pointers. Any advice you can offer is appreciated.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
subs cuz I'm gonna be fasting ramadan too

I fasted last ramadan and still lifted (I was relatively new to serious lifting then tho) but while I maintained most of my strength I lost some mass and size, gonna try and fix that this year

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
Brehs, I do it all the time, not for Ramadan, tho - but I've fasted for Ramadan when I was a teen. I do it twice a week now - Sundays & Thursday to be exact. I found out about it thru Brad Pilon, the author of Eat Stop Eat. Its pretty flexible - just a 24 hour break from eating. For example Wednesday at 9pm I'll have a meal and wont eat again until 9pm on Thursday. Aside from the obvious benefits of fasting (fat loss, mental clarity, break from digestion) I have built a lot of muscle while doing this. I train in a fasted state from time to time - squats, deads, chinups, etc and have not felt a drop in energy or strength during the workout.

Highly recommended.

ryda518

Randy Orton=Legend Killer
Daps
Reppin
bx all day
I do it all of the time

I highly recommend people who do physical jobs do this. My body is moving all of the time during work that my body does not get hungry so I eat my one/two meals in a 3-4 hour span

Just think of it like a healthy thanksgiving. Where you don't eat because you are going to feast later

I get so full sometimes that I think I'm cheating. There's also days I have to remind myself to eat something.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
if you dont eat every 30 minutes your muscles will die and you'll get all catabolic breh

DrunkenNovice

Superstar
Daps
I gotta look into this. It seems like everyone is talking about it. an "eating window" would work better with my schedule than what I do now.

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
I follow leangains so I do it everyday. I don't eat anything after 9pm and eat my first meal the next day at noon. It was really hard the first week but now my body is used to it and in the mornings my mind is so clear. I've dropped a few pounds of fat as well. Also at night I get crazy vivid dreams now which is a bonus.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I do it all of the time

I highly recommend people who do physical jobs do this. My body is moving all of the time during work that my body does not get hungry so I eat my one/two meals in a 3-4 hour span

Just think of it like a healthy thanksgiving. Where you don't eat because you are going to feast later

I get so full sometimes that I think I'm cheating. There's also days I have to remind myself to eat something.

Word. I find my calorie intake can be drastically reduced. Yesterday I had a turkey breast sandwich with mayo and mustard on low carb bread to break the fast. After eating that, I seriously could have gone the rest of the day without eating. I probably wouldn't have if I wasn't meeting my homies at Fox and Hound for the wing special.