Anyone tried Intermittent Fasting?

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I've been doing it for about 2 weeks and Cosign to what the other cats are saying. I'm just not hungry after I eat. I'm way under my caloric intake ever since I started doing it. I just want to lose 20-30 pounds.

Daps
I've been doing it for about 2 weeks and Cosign to what the other cats are saying. I'm just not hungry after I eat. I'm way under my caloric intake ever since I started doing it. I just want to lose 20-30 pounds.

Does your body just get used to it? Cuz my stomach has me :to: when I'm hungry. A nikka wanna roll over in pain cuz I wanna eat something. I'm interested in trying this though.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Does your body just get used to it? Cuz my stomach has me :to: when I'm hungry. A nikka wanna roll over in pain cuz I wanna eat something. I'm interested in trying this though.

I have no clue what causes it, but the only time I feel hungry is like 10:30 or so. But by then I've gone damn near 18 hours without eating.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I'm pretty sure a lot of it is mental. For so long we have been conditioned to think that we need to eat breakfast in the morning, lunch in the afternoon, and dinner in the evening. Once I began to fully understand that I was only eating lunch because I was "supposed" to, then I started breezing. Yesterday, I brought a sandwich for lunch. I hadn't eaten since 10:30 the night before. I had a 2:00 meeting, so I was gonna eat after the meeting, around 3:30. But as I got ready to open my sandwich, I was like "yo, truth be told, I'm not really HUNGRY". My wife had gotten some General Tso's chicken from this nice Chinese restaurant by the house, so I could eat that when I got home around 6.

My only problems come on the weekend, when I don't have work to keep me distracted. I'm gonna take my kids to see Batman on Saturday at 7:00. Gonna see how long I can fast during the day, and eat when I get back.

The Message

Lex with tv sets the minimum
Daps
^^^^ On point. This week I've eaten maybe a total of 7 times. I hate to sound like one of those hoe ass nikkas, but it really is easy. lol The key is to break out of the mentality where you have to eat X amount of times a day. If you stay busy and hydrated, you'll look up and the day will be almost over without having eaten anything.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
it works,:win::to:

the truth to losing weight is not eating. i lost 12 pounds in two weeks while jogging and doing hiit. 159 pounds now. its probably time to pick up the weights again though, not having enough fat in your body will kill your lifts.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
^^^^ On point. This week I've eaten maybe a total of 7 times. I hate to sound like one of those hoe ass nikkas, but it really is easy. lol The key is to break out of the mentality where you have to eat X amount of times a day. If you stay busy and hydrated, you'll look up and the day will be almost over without having eaten anything.

Word. And if you're trying to lose weight, then it's pretty easy. The problem is that nikkas think that your body will shrivel away to nothing if you don't eat enough calories, and that was something I used to stress about. The thing is, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY. I would be trying to force feed myself on some "I gotta get in X amount of calories", and end up feeling :gag: about eating, because my body was telling me, "chill, nikka, I'm good.... Trust me, I'll holla when I need something"

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I'm seriously surprised how long I can last without eating during the day. I feel like I end up doing 18-19 hours fasting unintentionally.

ineedsleep212

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Anytime I mention IF to people, they think I'm crazy. I was mentioning possibly doing my first 24 hour fast, starting tomorrow at 7pm to saturday at 7pm and they think I'm being crazy. Like I'm gonna be anorexic. :smh:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I'm finishing up my fast. Got a jug of green smoothie in the refrigerator. Everything was cool until this broad went to lunch and got what smells like General Tso's chicken and fried rice. Normally that wouldn't move me, but that smell has a nikka feeling like :to:...

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I don't do this intentionally, but it could be why I've never had weight issues.

Typically I don't bother with breakfast or lunch, and then around 3-4pm I'll have a protein bar.

Once I get home from work (around 6-7ish) I pretty much eat what I want until I go to bed. Rinse and repeat.

But that said, I think going a whole 24 hrs without eating is overboard, you're probably just killing your metabolism and causing blood sugar issues at that point.

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
Anytime I mention IF to people, they think I'm crazy. I was mentioning possibly doing my first 24 hour fast, starting tomorrow at 7pm to saturday at 7pm and they think I'm being crazy. Like I'm gonna be anorexic. :smh:

yeah i hate this shyt. and then when you try and explain it they look at you like you're :damn: