Apple WWDC 2023: VR headset to be announced

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Illl be dope but you’ll miss the immersion of vr controllers.. you either use a ps5 controller or hands… but you gain the immersion of eye tracking so it will even out… :lupe:

If Apple trounces the other VR headsets and Sony discontinues there’s and allows the Vision Pro to be utilized on the PS5 Apple will GLADLY make some official $150 VR controllers with Haptic feedback as accessories.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
What you guys think of Mac OS 14 ? shyt looked weak for me. I might stay on Ventura for years :jbhmm:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
j2va9u2xkf4b1.png

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I haven’t seen any posts about iOS 17 lol. That headset is getting copped day 1. I’ll be a test dummy:manny:

I’m still struggling with the idea of VR as a primary source of entertainment. They’ve been pushing this since the movie “Lawnmower” man days and each time it just seems :manny:
theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-years.gif

I had no idea you still posted.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
BOA thinks they are gonna sell 1.5 of them in the first year

Bank of America: "Adoption will take time."

"The price tag of $3,499 was higher than the $3K broadly speculated. While we believe MR has the potential to drive Services revenues higher via a new set of premium Apps the adoption will take time... In our prior analysis we had estimated 1.5 million units to be sold in the first full year, and the launch today did not change our view. We continue to expect at least some subsequent versions of Vision Pro to be priced lower in order to appeal to a larger customer set," Bank of America's Wasmi Mohan said." Stock Market News - read latest and trending Stock Market news and headlines

I was going to make a bet saying I'd eat an Apple hat live if they managed to sell over 1.5m at $3499, but then I started to realize that I might be greatly underestimating the energy of Apples base and this might not be as ridiculous as it sounds.

But that ends there, because there's no way this is selling game console volumes overtime, that's a minimum of 50 or 60 million. Ain't no way Jose.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I’m still struggling with the idea of VR as a primary source of entertainment. They’ve been pushing this since the movie “Lawnmower” man days and each time it just seems :manny:
I doubt VR will ever be more than a niche entertainment product for the masses.

It requires too much willingness to invest on the part of the user. People have to pay all this money for a headset and many of them don't want to wear one.

I've tried VR and could never get over the disconnect between the visual to the rest of the senses. My brain is fooled into thinking I'm in this world visually but my other senses aren't engaged. Totally puts me off.

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But that ends there, because there's no way this is selling game console volumes overtime, that's a minimum of 50 or 60 million. Ain't no way Jose.
If they finance them the same way they finance phones, I think it's doable.

Imagine getting a car note for your glasses :wow: