Are black people against learning trades?

Best Trade to Learn?

• HVAC

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Plumbing

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Electrical

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Welding

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Carpentry

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Pipefitting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
There are a decent number of black men with technical skills, they just don't have the licence or certifications which = more $$$$
Certification and license are significantly cheaper than a college degree. Plus, it takes less time to pursue those credentials. Black men with no skills and job should make an investment towards a trade.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
What about brehs without an HS Diploma?
Go to your local community college and enroll in a GED program. :ld: and talk to the school advisor to set up a plan to enroll to a trade program.
I feel like the need for black trade classes in society are not spoken about enough

Every single Mexican I know is an electrician or something, always taught by family members
Trades are undervalued. The primary marketing is a renown expensive college that is forced fed down our throat. Parents eat it up and pass it down to their children and the cycle continues to the next generation.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I'm gonna start my HVAC cent soon :jawalrus:
My cousin works for the city of LA
He's the only Hispanic supervisor,all the rest are cacs,so he's stressing for me to get certified so he can put me on,and so on and so on,he's big on tryna get more of us (Mexicans) in the higher up positions

luciddreamer

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The sleepless city
Trades can be good. But for blacks many times they are not.

Many Trades and the construction industry are some of the most racist jobs and industries in the country. Dealing with educated racist is hard enough in corporate. Dealing with uneducated racist rednecks everyday is pretty unbearable.

Also a lot of trades take a physical toll on your body and health. At the lower levels its damn near slave like working conditions. It's no wonder people don't go that route unless they have connects to move up quickly.

If you have a plan you can make it work but that goes for getting a degree too. Jumping into trades thinking everything will be sweet is as foolish as going to college and not knowing what you wanna do or how you will use your degree.

Thats why brothers should try get into one of these local unions as a younging, milk it for what it is, make bank then cut...go do an associate in something in the tech field, get some certificates after if you dont wanna go for bachelors, all in all just do SOMETHING....... and pass on the knowledge as you go.

Dont let these racist c@$!suckers scare you out of providing the best for you and yours.

They came and took over while we were still fighting for basic human rights, then wanna shyt on us when we try to get our foot in the door...
:pacspit:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Brother please I don't know you and I'm begging you please join that shyt it will be the best decision you ever make. Especially if an old head is gonna bring you in.
$45 an HR that travels meaning you can take that and make that damn near anywhere in the US.

When there is a natural disaster they put an emergency call out to electricians and linemen. You will be making $100hr as emergency response.

Also $45 HR is only the regular rate you forgot about Ot and double time.

Plus pension and benefits!

I get a yearly check for Xmas from my union that is 2$ for every HR I work for the year from OCT to OCT. if I work 3000 hrs I get a 6K check.

Sleep on the blue collar trades. :whoo:

If i wasn't scared to get my ass killed in those professions i would sign up for that

Jim Cornette

The Cult of Meat with Extra Cheese...
Daps
Reppin
Australia
ayyy black tradesman :blessed:

I've been an electrician for nearly 10 years..
definitely a racist industry tho. I've been called a nikka while digging:what:, been fired for 'having a black man attitude':dahell:, basically working with cacs 99% of the time smh

I'm going to start my own business tho within 2 years.. and going to only hire black apprentices :blessed:

but fr I dont know why more nikkas dont do a trade.. especially electrical and plumbing.

Behind-the-wheel

Living dead
Daps
Reppin
Death

definitely a racist industry tho. I've been called a nikka while digging:what:, been fired for 'having a black man attitude':dahell:, basically working with cacs 99% of the time smh

I'm going to start my own business tho within 2 years.. and going to only hire black apprentices :blessed:

but fr I dont know why more nikkas dont do a trade.. especially electrical and plumbing.

#1 reason....
You said it yourself...

giphy.gif

I thought about that this morning when I pulled up to the light and saw some construction workers.
White boys doing all the moving and directing, slappin each other on the back, laughing and spitting...
Brothas and sistas holding signs flipping from "Slow" to "Stop" directing traffic with a look of despair on their faces.
It made me feel bad man...real bad.
Wanted to rescue em.
:mjcry:
But I can't...
:snoop:

Axum Ezana

Driving in the fast lane
Daps

That's what I'm wondering about because I'm getting the feel that's what these jobs(welding...etc) are mostly filled with.