Are the Majority of Movie Theaters doing the assigned seating BS?

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Last Thursday, I was in the the area, and had the plan, grab quick dinner, see the 8:15 showing of Hereditary, it was sold out. Place was lit like a club on the weekend. Granted, I showed up at 8:15, which was only way I could make it, but still, it was a new concept that movies are sold out, weeks after release on a Thursday. I said this is the last time.

3 weeks earlier, same theater, Friday night, make plans to meet someone an hour before and see Book Club, (lol) I show up first and try to get tickets for a 10:25 showing, and it's sold out.

In the daytime, or late afternoon, it's fine, but anything at night, or a newer release, I'm buying in advance. I always sit in the same general areas anyway.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Assigned seating is the best thing that ever happened to movie theatres.

Who the fukk wants to go back to showing up an hour early to wait in line to hope to get a good seat.
I've literally never had to do that and I live in a city of 80K with only one theater that shows current releases (there is another theater that shows a few movies after they have left the other theater) and the theater is within walking distance of a college with over 15,000 residential students.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Go to sleep old man
8dKF.gif

Breh locked in the Coquina Clutch.:deadmanny:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I've literally never had to do that and I live in a city of 80K with only one theater that shows current releases (there is another theater that shows a few movies after they have left the other theater) and the theater is within walking distance of a college with over 15,000 residential students.
That says more about your city than anything else.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Lucky you. I’ve never had that experience for big movies on opening weekend. Ever lol.

Owen Reece

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
You only hate assigned seating if you're one of those annoying fukking people who arrive to a movie 10 minutes after the trailers started and you stand there and fukking complain about how you and 8 of your fukking cousins can't find seats...asking nikkas to move and getting heated when people tell you to shut the fukk up and keep it moving.

I get my tickets early, I pick the exact seats i want, and I don't have to arrive at the theater 2 hours early and THEN have to wait in line. I love it.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Breh, I've had to kick people out of my seat EVERY time I've gone to an assigned seating movie. Black people acting like they don't understand seating. I miss the normal "buy a ticket, sit yo ass done" method.
I tend to show up right when the movie is going to start because I hate the endless trailers they show at theaters nowadays so I almost always have to kick some white kids out of my assigned seats or tell someone to move their coats/bags.

eufemism

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#uglygang
not having to get there early and having to sit through 20 minutes of commercials to get a good seat :wow::wow::wow:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
assigned seating, reclining chairs, food & alcohol...what a time brehs :wow:

My local theater added that to all the movie rooms last summer. :wow:

Can't go back to that regular seating :damn:

But anyway.. I don't mind assigned seating. Really only use it for the big movies :yeshrug:

Owen Reece

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
I couldn't imagine going to see Infinity War without assigned seating. I would literally have to be at the theater at 10pm and stay in a line for a midnight showing. Assigned seating plus recliner seats and beer has actually made me want to go back to the theaters on the regular.

Y'all weirdos who like fighting for a seat, sitting on shyt stained cloth bleacher seats, and hoping that there's not a line when you get there confuse me. I can't relate.:hhh:

Enjoy the projects.:Respekdrake:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
I couldn't imagine going to see Infinity War without assigned seating. I would literally have to be at the theater at 10pm and stay in a line for a midnight showing. Assigned seating plus recliner seats and beer has actually made me want to go back to the theaters on the regular.

Y'all weirdos who like fighting for a seat, sitting on shyt stained cloth bleacher seats, and hoping that there's not a line when you get there confuse me. I can't relate.:hhh:

Enjoy the projects.:Respekdrake:
Yeah but what if you wind up in my situation and sit next to some broad with a baby?