Are the Majority of Movie Theaters doing the assigned seating BS?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I've switched my stance on theaters, in the last year or so. I live in downtown SD, and there were two chain movie theaters, Regal and Pacific within walking distance from my place, so for years I went to those two theaters. They were fine, I had my sweet factory, or hot tamales from the CVS, and a coke, and I was content. I saw dozens of movies in the last 10 years.

Yeah, post 2010, I noticed how empty the theaters would be sometimes, or the occasional homeless man passed out in the back, in the middle of the day, but I kept going. I knew one theater was in the death throes, and finally it was gone, in early 2016. The other theater remained, but has spiraled to the point it seems there is no active management, and it's just a bleak place to be, a smell infests the place, the floors have become filthy. Cavernous, empty places. I stopped going.

The Lot is about a 10 minutes drive from me, or in La Jolla, 15 minute drive, assigned seating, only like 50 seats or less, a great date place, with atmosphere and views, music, decent food, if you need a meal, or feel like a coffee after the movie. It's the only way to go now. I never get the full service dinner or whatever during the movie, and bother those poor employees waiting on a bunch of entitled suburbanites, but I grab a cookie and soda.

I think theaters like AMC are a thing of the past. They will go The Blockbuster way in 10 years.
Wait so you think the largest theater chain in America is a thing of the past?:thanos:

You do know AMC has food and assigned seating and all that shyt too right?

:dead: @the ghetto theaters you used to frequent

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Wait so you think the largest theater chain in America is a thing of the past?:thanos:

You do know AMC has food and assigned seating and all that shyt too right?

:dead: @the ghetto theaters you used to frequent

I think longterm, yes, at least for sure in "coastal elite" places. "Boutique" theaters are the way it will go, I think. It will take time, and I may be wrong, but, the theater that closed in 2016 is sold and reopening as a high end theater.

LOL they were grimy, but these were in a high rent area, it's downtown, so of course there are homeless, but you are right in million dollar real estate. It was really ridiculous.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Assigned seating can suck, like when you have to sit next to that one bytch with a crying baby you cant just up and move to another seat
Were we in the same theater? shyt happened to me when I took my daughter to see Incredibles 2. Lil fukker even came down to our aisle and tried to eat some popcorn

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Get a babysitter or stay at home. They cry and ruin the movie experience for others.

I’m not disagreeing with the principle lol but I am disagreeing with making it something they’re not allowed to do. We don’t want to be too draconian. But that’s why there are theaters for that like I said and like @Dominic Brehetto said. Just gotta find them homie

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not disagreeing with the principle lol but I am disagreeing with making it something they’re not allowed to do. We don’t want to be too draconian. But that’s why there are theaters for that like I said and like @Dominic Brehetto said. Just gotta find them homie
tiFgNAp.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
assigned seating is the stupidest shyt to happen to movie theaters. first come first serve is the best concept. this ain't a high priced sporting event
Assigned seating is the best thing that ever happened to movie theatres.

Who the fukk wants to go back to showing up an hour early to wait in line to hope to get a good seat.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
Please explain why first come first serve is better than selecting your seats

because if I want to sit in the aisle I can sit there if I want to sit up top I can sit there. I can sit anywhere depending on who else is in the theatre. I want to sit on the right side but I get in there and there's a family sitting behind the seats I want, I'll sit on the other side etc.

assigned seating if I want a seat when I go to buy it could be sold already. I could get assigned a seat and shyt heads sitting behind me on front etc.

but I also won't go see a movie first weekend it comes out so maybe it's better for y'all die hards :manny: but me personally, I'm not a fan