"Are 'URBAN' Public Schools FAILING BLACK Kids Or Is It The Parents?"

Who Are 'FAILING' These Black Kids?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Cliffs
  • Blames Dr. King for this mess.
  • Says that Black children need to be in private school. Since BOTH Urban and mixed schools harm Black kids.
  • Most parents aint shyt and don't stress education in the home.
  • These kids can't comprehend what they are reading.
  • White teachers don't give a fukk about Black students.

If I had it to do all over again................I'd o to a private high school. My school was a mixed school with BOTH White and Black kids. However, even though I was an honors student I feel that I got shytted out of so much by my highschool.

Dr. Acula

ACCEPT JESUS
Supporter
Daps
Both but one more than another. School success is cultivated at home not school. Your kids personality, habits, and behavior is shaped by what happens at home more than school. All three determine how your kid will approach learning and how they will behave at school. A kid for example who goes to school and gets in fight with a teacher is almost 9/10 has a dysfunctional home life responsible for that behavior.

Parents expecting schools to make their kids good students more than them are negligent and failing their kids.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Both but one more than another. School success is cultivated at home not school. Your kids personality, habits, and behavior is shaped by what happens at home more than school. All three determine how your kid will approach learning and how they will behave at school. A kid for example who goes to school and gets in fight with a teacher is almost 9/10 has a dysfunctional home life responsible for that behavior.

Parents expecting schools to make their kids good students more than them are negligent and failing their kids.
I'll say the educational system needs an overhaul. However, we don't stress education in AA homes. Why? Either because the parents (single parent) is too busy with work and putting for on the table too. Or it's just not a priority since most are trying to 'survive'.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

so you voting republican?

Let me tell you about a story of segregation in Alabama. A recent city in Birmingham, AL won a court case to separate themselves from jefferson county so they wouldn't have to share their income and students with the greater birmingham area. They literally wanted their tax dollars to not go to black communities.

The reason is simple. You ever heard of "broken windows?"

It is a policy cops use that is actually a good policy IN THEORY but it must be done BY THE GOVERNMENT and not the police.

The idea is that if you ignore a broken window, other small things will start to go wrong, and eventually, major issues will arise, but it could have all been stopped by fixing a cheap ass window instead of ignoring it.

That is american public schools IN BLACK COMMUNITIES. Go to a public school in a white district and watch even the POOREST WHITE COMMUNITIES have amazing schools with all the bells and whistles. If you live in the slums, you expect a slum life. All the parenting in the world will not stop a million influencers around you the second you walk out the door. Most people are stupid and followers. Thus, most people will be a product of their environment.

Parenting is the SMALLEST factor in a child's success.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Fellas here y’all go if you watched that video:

Get those testosterone levels back up

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Cliffs
  • Blames Dr. King for this mess.
  • Says that Black children need to be in private school. Since BOTH Urban and mixed schools harm Black kids.
  • Most parents aint shyt and don't stress education in the home.
  • These kids can't comprehend what they are reading.
  • White teachers don't give a fukk about Black students.

If I had it to do all over again................I'd o to a private high school. My school was a mixed school with BOTH White and Black kids. However, even though I was an honors student I feel that I got shytted out of so much by my highschool.

How are most people going to afford private school?