Are we gonna pretend Drake hasn't surpassed every single rapper on "Forever"

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
You're welcome to put an asterisk on his discography. I feel you. Hip hop's not about ghostwriters.

BUT

Ye/Wayne/Em are all pop rappers. And asterisks need to be placed on all their albums with regards to ghostwriters (with the exception of Em). That's what comes with pop :yeshrug:

Still, Drake has more HIP HOP bangers than they do.
And Drake isn't :francis:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
pop rappers? Don't move the goal post breh. Drake is a r&b rapper sure but it's still rap. Say whatever you want about em dude could spit period.

Eh. Em's spitting ability is overrated as fukk.

Has Drake EVER spit anything as dope as Em on Dead Wrong? Of course not.

Has Drake ever made a track as fukking wack as Fack or the countless, unlistenable "radio" Em songs? Of course not. And here's the problem. Em's album cuts are 98% trash, too. It's not like dude has a "2nd Childhood" or even an "Oh Boy" buried in the midst of his shytty albums.

My argument is about discog, not 'ability'. Which is what really matters at the end of the day.

And Drake isn't :francis:

Of course Drake is a pop rapper :what:

Carter 2 certified

only the few remaining Wayne stans think this

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
Eh. Em's spitting ability is overrated as fukk.

Has Drake EVER spit anything as dope as Em on Dead Wrong? Of course not.

Has Drake ever made a track as fukking wack as Fack or the countless, unlistenable "radio" Em songs? Of course not. And here's the problem. Em's album cuts are 98% trash, too.

My argument is about discog, not 'ability'. Which is what really matters at the end of the day.

Of course Drake is a pop rapper :what:
Drake doesn't have a Stan, drug ballard, don't give a fukk, role model, etc etc etc etc etc still don't give a fukk in him. Uptown was the closest Drake got to it. Even then I could keep going with em just on his first two studio albums. Drake made plenty of fukking corny songs if that's the bar you set. again Drake doesn't have a classic album em has two arguably three. You either trolling or smoking something if you think Drake in em Lane at all.

SirBiatch

Daps
Kanye's discog is above and beyond Drake's and Carter 2>> anything Drake's put out.

to Kanye stans, yes.

Everyone else, not quite. Not saying y'all have to agree with me but once you take the stannery out of it, this shyt is actually debatable.

My brother grew up in Ye's era. College Dropout was big for the middle/high school kids. He loved that shyt. I haven't heard him play any Kanye in YEARS, and certainly none of that mid 2000s shyt. Meanwhile, my bro's always talking about how Drake is one of the greatest to ever do it. Quotin Drake lines word for word in random contexts.

His stannery aside, it shows a crucial point - Ye's audience outgrew his music. A poll was done on the Coli, where most posters are in my brothers age or below (the type that grew up to Ye's music) and they couldn't even say that Ye's first two albums are classics. And those shyts just came out if you compare it to something like an Illmatic.

10 years from now Ye's discog is gonna be looked at as a piece of kitsch from a bygone era.

Drake doesn't have a Stan, drug ballard, don't give a fukk, role model, etc etc etc etc etc still don't give a fukk in him. Uptown was the closest Drake got to it. Even then I could keep going with em just on his first two studio albums. Drake made plenty of fukking corny songs if that's the bar you set. again Drake doesn't have a classic album em has two arguably three. You either trolling or smoking something if you think Drake in em Lane at all.

Stan is a good song. Not a banger. and frankly, when was the last time you listened to Stan? Who's REALLY listening to shyt in 2016? Didn't Chris Rock make a joke about this at some point?

Drug Ballad and Dont Give A fukk are garbage. They always were.

Role Model is great. Top 3 Em song and a banger of sorts. OK, so Em has 1. Where's the rest? You forgot about Guilty Conscience. Let's give him 2. And then what...

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
What y'all don't realize (and was obvious back then) was

a) Drake had the best verse by far. Simple, effective and clear. While the others rambled a bunch of bullshyt no one cared about

b) that song was yet another cornerstone for Drake taking over.

WOAT rappers like Em/Wayne/Kanye were last generation. Drake put all them lames on one song and beasted them.

and it's clear that Drake's discog > Em's, Wayne's and Ye's.

"Started From The Bottom", "0 to 100", "10 Bands" and "Know Yourself" are gonna last a lot longer among hip hop heads than any 4 bangers from the others. Bangers are the hard-hitting cuts that define a rapper long term and excite a hip hop crowd. Illmatic is one long banger (before y'all start thinking the Migos or Big Sean define what a 'banger' is :mjlol:). "Freaks Come Out At Night" by Whodini is a banger.

Sorry I've got you in your feelings. Let's discuss this when you get a hold of yourself.

Deflect to show your tears. Neg to prove your insecurity.

:camby:

You goto far trying to get a reaction with saying shyt like that.

I'm picking LR,GRADUATION.MBDTF over anything in Drake catalouge. Drake albums don't be complete at all and way too many skippable tracks...

:yeshrug:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
idk how anybody can compare drake's discography to kanye's. Im not even a kanye stan . I think he's an a$$hole but he did make some great music. But keep making ridiculous affirmations for that platinum thread

SirBiatch

Daps
Wayne don't got a classic but he got about 3 albums better than all of Drizzy's shyts. And thats not including mixtapes

That's vague as fukk.

Show and prove.

Tell me 4 bangers from Wayne I named that fukk with the 4 Drake ones I mentioned :jbhmm:

:camby:

You goto far trying to get a reaction with saying shyt like that.

I'm picking LR,GRADUATION.MBDTF over anything in Drake catalouge. Drake albums don't be complete at all and way too many skippable tracks...

:yeshrug:

then it should be easy for you to find 4 tracks that'll get a hip hop crowd going like the ones I mentioned

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
That's vague as fukk.

Show and prove.

Tell me 4 bangers from Wayne I named that fukk with the 4 Drake ones I mentioned :jbhmm:

then it should be easy for you to find 4 tracks that'll get a hip hop crowd going like the ones I mentioned
BM JR. The Block Is Hot. Go DJ. Hustler Musik. I Feel Like Dying. Etc etc. I'm talkin bout bodied of work. The Block Is Hot, Carter 1 and Carter 2 >>>>>>>>> any Drake album.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
That's vague as fukk.

Show and prove.

That wasn't my criteria on why I chose those albums, production weighed heavily in my choice.:yeshrug:

I don't give a fukk about bangers breh..that seems to be all you've been talking about lately..is this new your thing?:skip:

"Drake banger,banger,0-100 banger...banger,banger banger" :russell:

You're overestimating Drake amount of "Bangers"...dude isn't the only rapper with songs that will get crowds going.