Are we gonna pretend Drake hasn't surpassed every single rapper on "Forever"

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
My brother grew up in Ye's era. College Dropout was big for the middle/high school kids. He loved that shyt. I haven't heard him play any Kanye in YEARS, and certainly none of that mid 2000s shyt. Meanwhile, my bro's always talking about how Drake is one of the greatest to ever do it. Quotin Drake lines word for word in random contexts.
what kind of grown man walks around quoting Drake lyrics in conversations? :what:

Anyway, aside from your brother sounding a little sus, this is called being a slave to the moment. Drake is on top right now while Kanye is 12 years in the game, so of course more young people are talking about Drake at this very moment.

But that's basically Drake's career. He makes music for the moment. None of it is memorable or timeless. Songs like Headlines/Over/Miss Me/All Me, etc. have already been forgotten. Ye has so much timeless music it's ridiculous to even begin debating this.

Last edited:

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
BM JR. The Block Is Hot. Go DJ. Hustler Musik. I Feel Like Dying. Etc etc. I'm talkin bout bodied of work. The Block Is Hot, Carter 1 and Carter 2 >>>>>>>>> any Drake album.

Only the few remaining Wayne stans care about any of those songs. You might have some luck with Go DJ (even though I never liked that song)

The 4 Drake tracks I named obliterate those songs.

Theodoresolderbreh

No Shorts No Malarkey
Daps
Reppin
Theodore breh and associates
to Kanye stans, yes.

Everyone else, not quite. Not saying y'all have to agree with me but once you take the stannery out of it, this shyt is actually debatable.

My brother grew up in Ye's era. College Dropout was big for the middle/high school kids. He loved that shyt. I haven't heard him play any Kanye in YEARS, and certainly none of that mid 2000s shyt. Meanwhile, my bro's always talking about how Drake is one of the greatest to ever do it. Quotin Drake lines word for word in random contexts.

His stannery aside, it shows a crucial point - Ye's audience outgrew his music. A poll was done on the Coli, where most posters are in my brothers age or below (the type that grew up to Ye's music) and they couldn't even say that Ye's first two albums are classics. And those shyts just came out if you compare it to something like an Illmatic.

10 years from now Ye's discog is gonna be looked at as a piece of kitsch from a bygone era.

Stan is a good song. Not a banger. and frankly, when was the last time you listened to Stan? Who's REALLY listening to shyt in 2016? Didn't Chris Rock make a joke about this at some point?

Drug Ballad and Dont Give A fukk are garbage. They always were.

Role Model is great. Top 3 Em song and a banger of sorts. OK, so Em has 1. Where's the rest? You forgot about Guilty Conscience. Let's give him 2. And then what...
it's on my Spotify playlist I listen to it a few times a week when I go to the gym.

SirBiatch

Daps
This is called being a slave to the moment. Drake is on top right now while Kanye is 12 years in the game, so of course more young people are talking about Drake at this very moment.​

While this is true, it doesn't really apply in this case.

My brother is not young. That's the point. We're not talking about an 18 year old. We're talking about someone who's damn near 30 who grew up as Ye dropped these supposed 'classics' and now doesn't give a fukk about them, while still being a rap fan.

That would be like me not giving a fukk about any DMX album/song even though I was in high school when X DOMINATED. If something hasn't endured, it's not a classic. Plain and simple.

But that's basically Drake's career. He makes music for the moment. None of it is memorable or timeless. Songs like Headlines/Over/Miss Me/All Me, etc. have already been forgotten.

You'll notice I never mentioned those songs.

Those shyts were pop/casual hip hop. hot today, gone tomorrow. Though I think "Miss Me" is still a decent song. Is it a career-defining Drake song? :russ: Hell to the no.

Ye has so much timeless music it's ridiculous to even begin debating this.

:duck: Quick to mention Drake songs yet here you are without specific Kanye songs.

As a sidenote, what kind of grown man walks around quoting Drake lyrics in conversations? :what:

Successful ones. Do you know anyone in the business world? What kind of people do you think love Drake?

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
full

SirBiatch

Daps
Kanye got an undeniable certified classic with MBDTF. Drake hasn't dropped anything close fo that.

Only Kanye stans think this. IYRTITL is superior to that TMZ bullshyt.

If Kanye wasn't a success, there would be no Drake.

Obvious, but not the topic.

If there was no Rakim, there would be no Nas. Nas surpassed Rakim when you compare discographies.

Stay on topic.

R.O. Double

Holdin My Balls Since 83
Daps
Reppin
City Of Angels

milik_19

Pro
Daps
You're welcome to put an asterisk on his discography. I feel you. Hip hop's not about ghostwriters.

BUT

Ye/Wayne/Em are all pop rappers. And asterisks need to be placed on all their albums with regards to ghostwriters (with the exception of Em). That's what comes with pop :yeshrug:

Still, Drake has more HIP HOP bangers than they do.

And Drake has way more pop songs than all of them together you dumb shyt

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Naw this nikka buggin he from Canada so cut him some slack:mjlol:

Drake ain't never had a buzz and delivered like Wayne on that Carter 3 respect that man's boss you dudes be wildin:camby:

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
em washed drake on that forever joint!
it actually was quite embarrassing to see how far apart they are as far as rapping skill level is concerned.

and people around here know that i ain't usually got a good word to say about eminem or drake!!
truth is the truth though!!
:manny:

SirBiatch

Daps
Naw this nikka buggin he from Canada so cut him some slack:mjlol:

copout.ca

Drake ain't never had a buzz and delivered like Wayne on that Carter 3 respect that man's boss you dudes be wildin:camby:

I'm talking discography, you're talking buzz (something that's irrelevant when the dust settles) :what:

em washed drake on that forever joint!
it actually was quite embarrassing to see how far apart they are as far as rapping skill level is concerned.

and people around here know that i ain't usually got a good word to say about eminem or drake!!
truth is the truth though!!
:manny:

Convo was never about skill level and 'skill level' convos are silly.

Em's verse was embarrassingly wack. A real vibe-killer.