Are y'all afraid of death ?

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I had a panic attack years ago when I thought deeply about nonexistence for the first time, made me quit weed.

Its something that still scares me every once in a while, especially at night. I feel itll only get worse as I get older and closer to death.

Theres no such thing as "nonexistence" breh

Try to imagine nonexistence or "nothing" and yell me what you come up with

People have an unhealthy relationship with death because they have an unhealthy one with life

Not saying u shouldn't Love and want to keep your life but is death really a bad thing? Imagine if there were no such thing as death. The age process just keeps going and going :hhh:

The reason people believe physical death is the end is because they don't understand the world they find themselves in. They take the contents of the 5 senses to be reality itself when scientists won't even cosign that. The brain creates just about everything you experience out of something that is clearly there both before and after the arrival/death of the physical body.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
You don't truly get to grasp the closeness of death until you are truly near it, then you will know your answer. My grandmother had a health scare 6-7 years ago and had a legit chance of not making it thru the surgery. She spent her whole life telling us when she moves on how she wants us to do this or prepare for that. And that basically she was ready to be with the lord. But when it really hit her she cried and was legit scared. And this was someone who lived 85+ years at the time, a long life.

We don't know that reality of knowing your time has potentially arrived

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
Cats in here fraudin nd never had a near death experience. Some aren't frontin...but most are...:camby:

When you come to the realization that you might be near death...yet everything else will continue to go on as normal....especially if your young...you aint gonna wanna die.

Ppl will continue to party...work...vacation...live life...enjoy family...kids and you won't be around...

Remembered...but forgotten...that's a scary thought...:huhldup:

I think you'll prefer to be around.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not as much as I use to. I had a glimpse of the devine and have never been the same since. Also, death is a concept. We really have no fukking clue what it is. Once you realize that our entire lives and sense of self is a concept you will be liberated from the fear of death.

I still fear the death of loved ones and missing them when they're gone.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I had a panic attack years ago when I thought deeply about nonexistence for the first time, made me quit weed.

Its something that still scares me every once in a while, especially at night. I feel itll only get worse as I get older and closer to death.
This happened to me recently. I had a deep sleep and didn't dream. I just woke up like wtf? I imagine that what death is. Just non existence.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Death comes I wonder if I'll be mad. Mad about all the time I wasted. All the experiences I passed on. All the dreams I didn't chase. All the women I could have had. All the amazing things I could have done with my life. All the things I loved will be no more.

When death comes.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
The ironic part about all of this is the people who fear death the most are usually young people

Lot of folks terrified of the aging process by the time they turn 25 and most see themselves and others as being old by 30

Waste your whole youth afraid of losing it brehs

Think about how insane it is to go thru life terrified of the one thing you know for an absolute fact is going to happen

Why not develop a better understanding of it?

Instead of trying to put off the aging process as long as possible while still fearing the inevitable :dwillhuh:

I personally see what we call "life" as a condensed reality where brains basically imprison consciousness to have individual experiences. When the body dies, that consciousness is freed from the brain or mind/body complex. So if anything what we call "death" will feel more alive than what we call "life".

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
The ironic part about all of this is the people who fear death the most are usually young people

Lot of folks terrified of the aging process by the time they turn 25 and most see themselves and others as being old by 30

Waste your whole youth afraid of losing it brehs

Think about how insane it is to go thru life terrified of the one thing you know for an absolute fact is going to happen

Why not develop a better understanding of it?

Instead of trying to put off the aging process as long as possible while still fearing the inevitable :dwillhuh:

I personally see what we call "life" as a condensed reality where brains basically imprison consciousness to have individual experiences. When the body dies, that consciousness is freed from the brain or mind/body complex. So if anything what we call "death" will feel more alive than what we call "life".

In a sense, we don't really mourn the people we "lose", we mourn having to experience being "HERE" without them while they run free. This is why in some cultures a funeral isn't a sad event, it's a legit send off, they know better, they know that not being tethered to this density, to this illusion is where plenty of LIFE is going on.

Lord Beerus

God of Destruction | CatSet General
Daps
Cats in here fraudin nd never had a near death experience. Some aren't frontin...but most are...:camby:

When you come to the realization that you might be near death...yet everything else will continue to go on as normal....especially if your young...you aint gonna wanna die.

Ppl will continue to party...work...vacation...live life...enjoy family...kids and you won't be around...

Remembered...but forgotten...that's a scary thought...:huhldup:

I think you'll prefer to be around.

I agree, having that near death experience changes you in alot of ways. I haven't been the same since. I certainly don't want to die, but I won't make a fuss on my way out. My death is inevitable, I just hope I pass peacefully and preferably much later on in life.

The way I figure is I'm dead. It can't be avoided. I don't want to hurt my family but I can't live forever. I hope I'm around for decades to come but if I'm not I've made peace with that. It can't be helped :francis:

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
its 2 things the pain and the unexpected (for most) outside that, you could kill me tomorrow.

i had some of the best laughs, meals, good times for too many thats not the case thats not right. i also have some what of an insurance policy to take care of the loved ones.

pain is the one, but whats the most few hours of screaming then euphoria of laying your heavy laden to rest.