Article: Venezuelen migrants complaining about Chicago now that it's getting cold and the handouts are drying up. Some are going back.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Them coming here gets a bunch killed alone. Kidnappings, murders, desert conditions. They face that I other countries before they even show up. The risk is on them not the repubs shipping them to places that claims they want them
I was referring more to the migrants. Most of them ain't doing shyt but taking up space (I know, the police department is a 20 second walk from me). A city can claim to welcome everyone, but when you have them sent at odd times to different places...yes, it is a Republican issue. As goofy as our Mayors response has been, which I don't 100% blame him for because again we have a migrant issue in a non-border state now, the Governor and Mayor have tried to at least get advance warning of when migrants come. No dice. We get them and have to do shyt on the fly.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
basically the same falsehoods reported by fox news and other conservative outlets which many people have suspected is the reason immigration has increased so much. conservatives keep complaining on every platform there is how easy it is to immigrate to america and how much assistance is given to immigrants that they've effectively encouraged mass immigration.
Folks don't acknowledge they went on a whole campaign of talking about how the borders are open. People on this very site say the same shyt. They are NOT open, and people coming to America's borders has always been a thing. That is why the immigration process plays out.

The EOIR data show that the overall grant and denial rates for all asylum cases closed in FY 2020 — including affirmative and defensive asylum applications — were 19.12% and 54.55%, respectively. The remaining 26% of cases had “other” decisions or were closed administratively.

If only grants and denials were considered, the asylum grant rate would be 26% that year.

And the rate of acceptance/denial should hold true even now. This is why when I say its a stunt, I mean that shyt. Ship them across the USA and blow up another cities budget while they wait for their asylum claim to be granted or denied. Many will be denied. Won't matter, you have an entire media arm claiming the borders are open.

Roger king

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I have no issues with immigrants who want to come to western countries legally and work and earn a living, heck thats how my parents did it, but i am no fan of exploiting the system at all.