At least Ireland's out: Official 2014 Miami Dolphins Off-Season thread

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
The Miami Herald hints that 49ers "senior offensive consultant" Eric Mangini could be a possible GM replacement for the Dolphins.
Jeff Ireland would obviously have to get the boot first, but beat writer Armando Salguero composed an interesting list of candidates to replace Ireland. It leads off with Mangini. Owner Stephen Ross reportedly wanted to hire Mangini before the 2011 season, and Ross supposedly "loves" Mangini for reasons Salguero "is not clear on." Word is Mangini wants to get involved in front office operations. Other notable names listed as possible Ireland replacements are ex-Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, ex-Chiefs GM Scott Pioli, and current assistant GM Brian Gaine. Dec 31 - 1:23 PM

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Don't know what the fukk is taking so long. I'm beginning to fear this clown Ross is gonna keep Ireland. :snoop:

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't even get a shout...it's all good tho.
First, Ireland gots to go.
Sherman, peace.
Resign grimes and attempt to resign starks
Sign cheap vets or draft late rounder to fix the O line, enough of using the early rounds of the draft on an Olineman.
I'd have Gibson restructure his deal. He's nice but I love the potential I see in rishard Matthews.
Attempt to trade Martin for something.

I'm blitzed, be back later

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Don't even get a shout...it's all good tho.
First, Ireland gots to go.
Sherman, peace.
Resign grimes and attempt to resign starks
Sign cheap vets or draft late rounder to fix the O line, enough of using the early rounds of the draft on an Olineman.
I'd have Gibson restructure his deal. He's nice but I love the potential I see in rishard Matthews.
Attempt to trade Martin for something.

I'm blitzed, be back later
Everyone knows you HAVE to give him up for something. I doubt they'll give up anything when they know you will release him.
If anything THIS IS the year to draft Olinemen in the early rounds. I'm fine with the receiving corp but part of me wishes we could have Brandon Marshall back. We need more physical WRs

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Can someone explain this to me? Why were we so bad against the run? I refuse to believe the line backing corp last year was that much better than this years. As great as our D-line is... i dont get it.
Dansby was not that great IMO

954UAlreadyknow

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Everyone knows you HAVE to give him up for something. I doubt they'll give up anything when they know you will release him.
If anything THIS IS the year to draft Olinemen in the early rounds. I'm fine with the receiving corp but part of me wishes we could have Brandon Marshall back. We need more physical WRs

Please dont say that name.

I'll never get over that.....

two 3rd rounders :damn:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Can someone explain this to me? Why were we so bad against the run? I refuse to believe the line backing corp last year was that much better than this years. As great as our D-line is... i dont get it.
Dansby was not that great IMO
Our linebackers were the worst unit on the defense by far.
If we can draft a stud in the first I take it.
We haven't had a stud Lb in the middle since Zachary.

Look at the best defences, the lb is the anchor

We need our keuchly

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Please dont say that name.

I'll never get over that.....

two 3rd rounders :damn:
Honestly, i understood the move at the time and accepted it at the time. Dude was just too much trouble and with a new, rookie coach coming in it's never good to have a head case on the roster. But the production he could have had with Tannerhill would have been :ohlawd:. Outside of Gibson we didnt have any receivers who are willing to be physical over the middle

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't see Ireland going, he got a silent extension that was reported in the middle of the season, I think everyone is staying except for Sherman