Audi Gang :blessed:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm torn brehs. I really want the 07 RS4 but I'm scared of buying a German car out of warranty. But that's my favorite audi since I first laid eyes on it. There's a couple low mileage ones out there, including one with 27,000 miles and original tires still on that bytch, but it's 34K. And for $34K there's far newer cars I can get, IN WARRANTY.

I'm also thinking about a S4 but I don't know if I should wait for the new body style to come out so the price drops a little more. I hear those are fun to drive and I'm a father, so it would fit my lifestyle. Overall I'm torn.

Also for my brehs check out ExoticCarHacks.com! It shows you exactly how to purchase luxury and exotic cars in such a way that you can sell them for a profit or very small loss. Got a homey who switches cars every 6 months using that system. Last car he sold netted him a couple stacks, it was a M3(Sidenote, I hate Beemers.)

Peace in the Middle East.

That's a great deal for the RS4 if it has a clean title. The only thing I hear is a bytch is the timing chain, carbon build up, and possibly suspension. If you're buying a sub 70k mile RS4 it's an alright deal but 100k is going to come quick if you drive it much and the timing chain is an arm and a leg.

I have a B8.5 S4 and it's a great car, probably my favorite Audi I've owned but the clutch is a piece of shyt. The clutch in my car wen't in 20k miles. Every other stick car I've owned I've put 100-130k miles on before changing the clutch.

The next S4 sounds nice but it will come come in auto. I've driven the B9 A4 and it drove really well.

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Did you get it pretty close to asking price?

Yeah, maybe even a bit less than MSRP, I just ran a spec on the website that worked out to 54k and that doesn't include destination, tax and other stuff I've forgotten about. I paid 56k all in, including Audi Care which was $920. Mine was pretty much fully loaded and one of the "it" cars of the year. Overall I think I got a great deal and the dealership I worked with was great.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
You know I signed up to watch that webinar he puts on but I missed it. Looks VERY interesting.

Brother I highly recommend it. I'm going to use that system to buy my car because ultimately I want to sell the car for a profit or very small loss. I would even consider a M3 if I can get a good deal on it......nah fukk that. Audi Gang or don't bang for life

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
That's a great deal for the RS4 if it has a clean title. The only thing I hear is a bytch is the timing chain, carbon build up, and possibly suspension. If you're buying a sub 70k mile RS4 it's an alright deal but 100k is going to come quick if you drive it much and the timing chain is an arm and a leg.

I have a B8.5 S4 and it's a great car, probably my favorite Audi I've owned but the clutch is a piece of shyt. The clutch in my car wen't in 20k miles. Every other stick car I've owned I've put 100-130k miles on before changing the clutch.

The next S4 sounds nice but it will come come in auto. I've driven the B9 A4 and it drove really well.

So what would you do brother? Splurge a little and get one with as low miles as possible or go for a higher mileage model and pray no major repairs come up. I'm seeing some with 70K miles for the mid $20K which isn't bad. A part of me feels like I should just get a Honda or something but if I'm going to make a car payment I'd rather it be on something I'll actually enjoy driving

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So what would you do brother? Splurge a little and get one with as low miles as possible or go for a higher mileage model and pray no major repairs come up. I'm seeing some with 70K miles for the mid $20K which isn't bad. A part of me feels like I should just get a Honda or something but if I'm going to make a car payment I'd rather it be on something I'll actually enjoy driving

Yeah, if I was set on the RS4 I guess get one that has records and is best cared for as possible that is 70k miles or less. The thing with the timing chain it's due around around 100k and the parts alone are 3k and the labor if I remember right is 6-8 hours for a good independent shop. If you hold off on getting the job done and the engine goes you're looking at the same amount if not more! I live in the tri-state and there are a lot of independent shops but good luck getting it in on short notice and serviced. I'm talking a week to two weeks kinda shyt! Hell I even have to get tires soon and the prospect is turning my stomach because it's such a pain in the neck. I'd love an RS4 but idk if I could deal with the potential time down for the eventual job and the out of pocket cost. It's really nothing to sneeze at.

After the winter, perhaps even now you may be able to get a 13 or 14' S4 in the 30's and it's a great package.
You could lease a new A4 for the same amount as buying a Honda and it would be just as reliable and maybe a bit more fun to drive.

I'm going through the same thing with trying to pick up a daily/weekend car right now. Do I pick up a RS4 or E39M5 in cash and deal with potential reliability issues or lease a new M3? They both cost about the same amount but the used cars may need some serious visits to shops and out of pocket expenses that I wouldn't have with a new car...

Kinda feel like you can't win lol. That's the best how I see it.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
Yeah, if I was set on the RS4 I guess get one that has records and is best cared for as possible that is 70k miles or less. The thing with the timing chain it's due around around 100k and the parts alone are 3k and the labor if I remember right is 6-8 hours for a good independent shop. If you hold off on getting the job done and the engine goes you're looking at the same amount if not more! I live in the tri-state and there are a lot of independent shops but good luck getting it in on short notice and serviced. I'm talking a week to two weeks kinda shyt! Hell I even have to get tires soon and the prospect is turning my stomach because it's such a pain in the neck. I'd love an RS4 but idk if I could deal with the potential time down for the eventual job and the out of pocket cost. It's really nothing to sneeze at.

After the winter, perhaps even now you may be able to get a 13 or 14' S4 in the 30's and it's a great package.
You could lease a new A4 for the same amount as buying a Honda and it would be just as reliable and maybe a bit more fun to drive.

I'm going through the same thing with trying to pick up a daily/weekend car right now. Do I pick up a RS4 or E39M5 in cash and deal with potential reliability issues or lease a new M3? They both cost about the same amount but the used cars may need some serious visits to shops and out of pocket expenses that I wouldn't have with a new car...

Kinda feel like you can't win lol. That's the best how I see it.

Man thank you so much for typing out a detailed response. If the RS4 had the possibility of being CPOed that would be my first choice but it can't, and that kinda scares me. The S4 is my second option and as a single father I think it gives me that fun and safety I'm looking for in a daily. It's slow but I feel like with an ecu tune, that DOESNT violate the warranty, I could get some get up out of it. Stasis and APR have shown decent results from their ECU tunes and they're under $1500 so I feel like that could be a good compromise. Plus knowing I have a full warranty makes me feel that much better about it. So realistically that's what I should look at. Maybe even an 03 S4 for now. Car searches blow my dude

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Man thank you so much for typing out a detailed response. If the RS4 had the possibility of being CPOed that would be my first choice but it can't, and that kinda scares me. The S4 is my second option and as a single father I think it gives me that fun and safety I'm looking for in a daily. It's slow but I feel like with an ecu tune, that DOESNT violate the warranty, I could get some get up out of it. Stasis and APR have shown decent results from their ECU tunes and they're under $1500 so I feel like that could be a good compromise. Plus knowing I have a full warranty makes me feel that much better about it. So realistically that's what I should look at. Maybe even an 03 S4 for now. Car searches blow my dude

Happy to help. Yeah, no shot at a CPO, there are aftermarket warranties but I've heard good and bad and they're relatively expensive. Audi's are some of the safest cars per test results. I know Stasis and APR offer warranties when they chip at no cost to engine components idk how far they extend beyond that but Audi will void warranty on engine if you chip it and they scan it unfortunately(TD1). Honestly the warranties don't do jack and consumer protections are garbage these days. They're good for piece of mind but that's it. Realistically you should never have a warranty issue on a new car imo and I haven't. I'd honestly shoot for a 13'-14' S4. An 03 S4 is going to have the same engine problems as the RS4. Shopping for cars has to probably be one of the worst things to shop for.

Daps
Reppin
Capsule Corp
brehs help me:lupe: im supposed to be getting an audi soon, I saw shawty lo died in one after the car burst into flames from hitting a tree and I see some people saying how audi's arent safe cars and this happens a lot

what is your take on it:lupe:

88m3

Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
brehs help me:lupe: im supposed to be getting an audi soon, I saw shawty lo died in one after the car burst into flames from hitting a tree and I see some people saying how audi's arent safe cars and this happens a lot

what is your take on it:lupe:

Sounding real corny, Breh.
:beli:

Guy wasn't wearing his seat belt first of all and supposedly his two passengers were fine. He clearly crashed at a really high rate of speed and into a tree none the less.

I've crashed one at 80+ and my passenger and I walked away without a scratch and that was a model from 2002. Your results may vary.

They're one of the highest rated iihs cars. Most companies don't even test their cars using iihs methods or fail.

:manny:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
So should I get the new Q60s, the new body style s4, or a Lexus rc-f (Lexus has great reliability)

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
So should I get the new Q60s, the new body style s4, or a Lexus rc-f (Lexus has great reliability)
Q60 Red Sport is nice but been following reviews and something just seems to be off. Check out the Motortrend one they did on the 4-door version of the Red Sport (Q50.)

I'd wait and see how the B9 S4 does, which is what I'm currently doing as I transferred out of my 16' S4 lease in the summer. Holding off till they touch down here in Jan/Feb then will decide. Otherwise may have to go to the dark side and consider the C450 AMG :mjcry: or just go back to a B8.5 S4 (this time in manual)

Don't let me down four rings.

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
Q60 Red Sport is nice but been following reviews and something just seems to be off. Check out the Motortrend one they did on the 4-door version of the Red Sport (Q50.)

I'd wait and see how the B9 S4 does, which is what I'm currently doing as I transferred out of my 16' S4 lease in the summer. Holding off till they touch down here in Jan/Feb then will decide. Otherwise may have to go to the dark side and consider the C450 AMG :mjcry: or just go back to a B8.5 S4 (this time in manual)

Don't let me down four rings.
That C450 AMG is slept on

What you think about the RC-F?