Barack Obama says Robert Byrd, a former KKK Grand Wizard was "An Icon"

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
u can look up his contributions... he was in office for over 50 years; once he came to his fukking senses he worked with NAACP, he furthered legislation on Civil Rights - Voting Rights etc... and was a key member of numerous groups that pushed policies

LEMME SAY THIS AGAIN & AGAIN & AGAIN
i aint :cape: for this cac
i just felt the need to define icon & show the disingenuous nature of acting like this Sentor currently still had these views

i have no reason to further post in here
the OP edited & derails his own thread
initally this thread was about ((( why do blacks support Democrates ))) not ((( Obama calling a former Klan member an icon )))

the most ridiculous shyt outta all this..... is when Obama made the icon comment at this cac funeral
this website didn't even exist - yet nikkaz in here are acting like this shyt just happen the other day
:snoop:

I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glorytrampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

this who you arguing in favor of btw. get all the way the fukk out of here. This demon cac only rescinded his KKK shyt because it impeded his political aspirations. He said as much out of his very own mouth. fukk him period. there is no if ands or buts. "came to his senses" more like realized he could use his innate ability to politic (which he used to recruit for the KKK) to obtain more acclaim in real politics than hiding in the shadows. He already knew black folks the most forgiving people ever as evidenced by the fukking NAACP supporting him. You and your ilk are so confusing to me. You really find it hard to say fukk this guy?

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I shall never fight in the armed forces with a negro by my side ... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glorytrampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.

this who you arguing in favor of btw. get all the way the fukk out of here. This demon cac only rescinded his KKK shyt because it impeded his political aspirations. He said as much out of his very own mouth. fukk him period. there is no if ands or buts. "came to his senses" more like realized he could use his innate ability to politic (which he used to recruit for the KKK) to obtain more acclaim in real politics than hiding in the shadows. He already knew black folks the most forgiving people ever as evidenced by the fukking NAACP supporting him. You and your ilk are so confusing to me. You really find it hard to say fukk this guy?

giveup.gif

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
random fact.

When Barack won his senate seat, Robert was the first to call him, and was also the first to encourage him to run for president.
If it's a fact, prove it.
More than likely it's the type of tall tale that people tell at eulogies. If the person recounting the story never said it before the other person died, it's probably a white(hooded) lie.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
:patrice: Robert Byrd and Harry Reid are two different people, or am I missing something
Senator Byrd backed the first black presidential candidate with a legitimate chance at victory throwing his support behind Barack Obama.

One of my deepest regrets is that Senator Byrd had invited me to his office on several occasions. However, due to the commanding schedules of both the House and Senate, I never made it over there to visit him.

PerrinN

All Star
Daps
I have no idea what you're trying to say, you said Robert Byrd encourage him to run for president, then posted a link of Harry Reid doing the encouraging and now you're showing me sentence of Byrd backing Obama. You seem confused, but It doesn't matter, we good...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
random fact.

When Barack won his senate seat, Robert was the first to call him, and was also the first to encourage him to run for president.

If it's a fact, prove it.
More than likely it's the type of tall tale that people tell at eulogies. If the person recounting the story never said it before the other person died, it's probably a white(hooded) lie.

yes indeed, stupid fukks

I ask you to prove the facts you said, and your response is an insult..and telling me to google those facts. University of Google strikes again..I assumed that you read a book or article quoting Obama BEFORE Byrd died that would be the proof of those 2 stories.

I have to re-read your first link because I didn't see story of Byrd being first to call and congratulate him when he won the Senate seat

your second link is about Harry Reid telling the story of him encouraging Obama to run for Potus.

scaled.0425_met_GoodFight_t198.jpg

Unless Harry Reid is an alias for Robert Byrd.....not sure what the link has to do with the topic.......
but even reading it.
doesn't confirm that he was the first to encourage him.....just his version of what sounds like duck.

yes, you stupid fukks though.....

xCivicx

Archduke of Audits
Daps
Reppin
Atl
:hubie:

1. OP edited his title

2. I am not a double digit iq like yall. I know how my bread is buttered.

If blacks dont vote, republicans get strong control over areas inhabited by black people.

Republicans have shown overtly malicious intent on making sure blacks cant vote or live in peace.

Think with multiple brain cells breh, not one :hubie:
And when black people blindly vote Democrat, what benefits do we receive?