Barbershop 3: The Next Cut (Official Thread)

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Chris don't wanna do it. What can you do? And Cube knows no one wants another Friday without Smokey. :francis:
He said he'd do it if his character had grown from Smokey from the 90's which is fair. Make him a new born christian and that shyt would be hilarious. Put Mike Epps in it with Cube tryna force weed back on Smokey the way Smokey forced it on Cube in the first one. And make Deebo a christian now too. Comedy gold.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was never interested in those flicks. Only thing that is making me interested in this is cause of that Blackish hair episode last week and Charlie being in it.

First one is good. Second one is okay. There's always some social commentary in them which I appreciate and they're funny. And as a black man you'd appreciate it for the inside jokes about the barbershop

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
He said he'd do it if his character had grown from Smokey from the 90's which is fair. Make him a new born christian and that shyt would be hilarious. Put Mike Epps in it with Cube tryna force weed back on Smokey the way Smokey forced it on Cube in the first one. And make Deebo a christian now too. Comedy gold.

Well then it comes down to money breh and for all you know, some parties involved may want too much for it. The first two barbershops are decent-good flicks, he isn't making a sequel to some straight to dvd nonsense. I always say this: if a new Friday was coming it would've been out by now. I'm sure money is playing a huge role into why it's not out yet. Actors and producers and directors say the right things in public but behind closed doors it's always about the cash

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
I don't know what to think about this :patrice:

On one hand the OG cast being mostly replaced got me in my feelings but I can't get over seeing nicki minaj in this Lol

I was waiting for that first sexual Nicki joke :blessed:
They didn't disappoint :russ:

Last edited:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
First one is good. Second one is okay. There's always some social commentary in them which I appreciate and they're funny. And as a black man you'd appreciate it for the inside jokes about the barbershop
That's the thing though. I'm Trini/Jamaican (brown/coolie), so I never thought I would relate to most of that Barbershop talk. Seemed more like something for straight African Americans.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That's the thing though. I'm Trini/Jamaican (brown/coolie), so I never thought I would relate to most of that Barbershop talk. Seemed more like something for African Americans.

Ahhhh:ohhh: yeah you right :russ: shyt might go over your head. Or maybe you'll appreciate the social commentary. They're always about something intrinsic to Chicago, whether it's small black businesses being moved out, big businesses moving in to take away money from the community and this one looks like it's dealing head on with the violence in Chicago

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Well then it comes down to money breh and for all you know, some parties involved may want too much for it. The first two barbershops are decent-good flicks, he isn't making a sequel to some straight to dvd nonsense. I always say this: if a new Friday was coming it would've been out by now. I'm sure money is playing a huge role into why it's not out yet. Actors and producers and directors say the right things in public but behind closed doors it's always about the cash
Well we all know Chris has his money problems. I think Cube is holding the idea for the story he wants, but Chris doesn't want that story so that's what's holding it up. But you're right, Money Talks. Another one of my favourite Tucker Movies.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
:patrice:

Make him a Jehova's witness going door to door

"What you got on my scripture homie? :birdman:"