BARBERSHOP TALK: Are HOMELESS PEOPLE AND GHETTOIZED PEOPLE HOPELESS In Society?

Are HOMELESS People/People In The Ghetto HOPELESS In Society?

• Total voters

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
PSA: This will be the DEEPEST thread that I have made since my return. So, prepare for the long read brehs and brehettes :jawalrus:

LAST thread of today as I have to work all next week.

Alright, as a 22 year old Black man (will be 23 this Thursday). I have a lot of questions about life. Yep, I still try to figure out the meaning of life. Even though I know the difference between good and evil there's a lot of things I don't know. Why does the 1% get the majority of wealth. Also, why are people poor and etc? Now, is where this thread will begin.

So, we see homeless people everyday right? This isn't just subjected to the U.S. and Black folk. When I say ghetto and the homeless I mean society. You have homeless people in Yugoslavia, Bosnia, Sudan, Israel, Palestine, Canada, Sweden, and etc. Also, you have poor Whites in ghettos and trailor parks. Plus, look at the Native Americans who are MARGINALIZED from society. It's really heartbreaking. While Mexicans get stereotyped they are hardworkers. I will be fair and give them that. While I don't think all rich people are greedy. You have a share that misleads the poor. Remember, when Trump said that he loved the "poorly educated"? Why did he say that? Because it's easy to take advantage of people who can't think for themselves. That's why Martin Shkreli raised the price of that HIV pill. So, more people can have a harder time taking care of themselves. It's easier to control people that are sick.

Another thing, we have people in the streets now. Some by their own foolish decisions. However, there are some who fell on hard times. My parents when they were younger were living in the housing projects. Yep, they drank heavy back then. I was NOT born then btw. They told me they did work hard and eventually the moved to a better area. Still, not everyone gets the same opportunities as my parents or myself. So, what happens to the people that worked hard and STILL didn't achieve their end reward? What was their purpose? I STILL question that as a 22 year old.

There's people all over the world (there's 7.3 billion people in this world). You have a majority of people that are one paycheck away from homelessness. Also, you have an unfair justice system in the U.S. However, compared to 3rd world countries we are living like Kings and Queens. Still, we have domestic issues that we have to face at home. As the world WEALTHIEST countries we have the largest people incarcerated than any other country.

Anyhow, some people turned to drugs because of a traumatizing experience and lost everything. That led them to the ghetto or homeless. Like I discuss everyday on FB, what is the purpose of a homeless person? Can they have a voice also? I wonder a lot of things. That's why I asked are they hopeless in society. What is my view? I don't think they are hopeless because there is still some sort of opportunity. However, NOT everyone gets that opportunity NOR second opportunities. Not everyone is like you or I. It's sad what's happening in Chicago, Philly, Flint, Syria, and other places.

One more thing, a lot of us and I'm speaking about my people here (Black/African people) have a lot of fears. We fear being a statistic or getting caught up. Also, as a Black man in society (MOST of us have NO identity) we have to wear a chip on our shoulder. Plus, we have to go extra hard. Same thing can be said for our Black sistas in society. They have to prove to the world that they are stereotypical whores (which MOST of our women are not). That's just an American/Westernized issue). So, everyday for most of us who aren't subservient to the dominate it's a "kill or be killed mentality".

Final statement: Hard work should BE REWARDED in the end. Everyone no matter what their economic or racial bracket deserves a chance to succeed in the United States and world wide. No one is hopeless in society if we put our differences aside and all come together. I know what I am saying is idealism, but we can STILL be pragmatic and have foresight to make society a safehaven for all.

Last edited:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wrong vote....NO!!! not entirely hopeless ...but depending where u start in life...it takes alote of sacrifice, patience, discipline and dedication to escape....so no not hopeless

Daps
If you're in a 1st world country and homeless you never were meant to be born. There are African kids coming from grimy poverty and becoming doctors here in America. Zero excuses to be poor/homeless in America.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
wrong vote....NO!!! not entirely hopeless ...but depending where u start in life...it takes alote of sacrifice, patience, discipline and dedication to escape....so no not hopeless
You can change your vote to Complex. Also, good point DrX.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
If you're in a 1st world country and homeless you never were meant to be born. There are African kids coming from grimy poverty and becoming doctors here in America. Zero excuses to be poor/homeless in America.
That's a complex issue within itself. Especially, if you are a poor Black person in the inner city born to poor parents who split up. Yes, compared to 3rd world countries we live like Kings and Queens. I stated that in the OP. However, we face issues at home. Just look at the police brutality inflicted on Blacks and Native Americans.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Hopeless?

Hell fukking no.

I went to Law School.

I saw gifted people and all I could think was, given the same support and opportunity, my closest family members and friends from hood would BEAST....BEAST...in law school and int he financial sector.

Rich Porter and AZ? They'd be Pfizer CEOs excelling with no need for a strap.

Prison inmates who create complex communication methods in lock up? They'd excel in telecommunications.

You ever see a young kid from the hood who's seen so much he hardly shows fear?

Give him that education leading to NY Business school, he'd negotiate multi-billion dollar deals with no jitters.

Me? I was able to capture a fukking jury better than any nikka I graduated Law School with or any attorney I started with in my first trial attorney position I started with.

We knew how to tell a story.

You know who IS hopeless? This Country, if it doesn't realize the best talents and mind are hidden under the flickering lights of Brownsville, Compton, Baltimore and other urban Communities across the country.

DAMN, I'm just getting hype realizing how much I love my fukking people. :wow:

Daps
That's a complex issue within itself. Especially, if you are a poor Black person in the inner city born to poor parents who split up. Yes, compared to 3rd world countries we live like Kings and Queens. I stated that in the OP. However, we face issues at home. Just look at the police brutality inflicted on Blacks and Native Americans.

Plenty of blacks make it out the hood all the time.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Hopeless?

Hell fukking no.

I went to Law School.

I saw gifted people and all I could think was, given the same support and opportunity, my closest family members and friends from hood would BEAST....BEAST...in law school and int he financial sector.

Rich Porter and AZ? They'd be Pfizer CEOs excelling with no need for a strap.

Prison inmates who create complex communication methods in lock up? They'd excel in telecommunications.

You ever see a young kid from the hood who's seen so much he hardly shows fear?

Give him that education leading to NY Business school, he'd negotiate multi-billion dollar deals with no jitters.

Me? I was able to capture a fukking jury better than any nikka I graduated Law School with or any attorney I started with in my first trial attorney position I started with.

We knew how to tell a story.

You know who IS hopeless? This Country, if it doesn't realize the best talents and mind are hidden under the flickering lights of Brownsville, Compton, Baltimore and other urban Communities across the country.

DAMN, I'm just getting hype realizing how much I love my fukking people. :wow:
I gotta rep you for this. Especially, for the bolded brotha. That was the realest sh-t that was ever wrote :wow: I agree with your whole post by the way.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Plenty of blacks make it out the hood all the time.
There's many more who don't make it because the opportunity never came. Also, stats have shown that if you are born poor that you will die poor. Everyone doesn't get the same opportunity like you or myself.

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
@JudgeJoeGorilla

First we must define what success entails from an Afrikan centered perspective. Are we judging people from our center or theirs? Baba Baruti has a number of lectures on youtube and touches on this subject in one of them. We are judging success and achievement from their center. These "people' judge one another based on how much wealth, material and mechanical goods one can accumulate.
We must steer clear of the 'deficit model' when evaluating our condition. We are not lacking anything. Actually, the further away we are from their center, the better off we will be.

Capitalism is dependent upon Alphas and Epsilons. Tyrants and slaves. Haves and have-nots. What incentive would the dominant class have to put differences aside and come together? Separation is the key. We need to get back to our center. Our spiritual systems and customs, growing food, bartering, honoring the ancestors, respecting the elders, viewing sex as a ritual and transfer of energy. So much of what we do has been influenced through acculturation. We've lost our identity.

So to answer your question, we are not lacking anything. We all wake up day after day and go to war with evil. This system is predicated on systemic racism. There are no winners here.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
Put the dope down and grind to get out the mud. They may not make it to be millionaires but they can make it out of their current condition. A homeless person can get minimum wage job as a start. If you have a defeatist attitude then you already lost.

Last edited:

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
@JudgeJoeGorilla

First we must define what success entails from an Afrikan centered perspective. Are we judging people from our center or theirs? Baba Baruti has a number of lectures on youtube and touches on this subject in one of them. We are judging success and achievement from their center. These "people' judge one another based on how much wealth, material and mechanical goods one can accumulate.
We must steer clear of the 'deficit model' when evaluating our condition. We are not lacking anything. Actually, the further away we are from their center, the better off we will be.

Capitalism is dependent upon Alphas and Epsilons. Tyrants and slaves. Haves and have-nots. What incentive would the dominant class have to put differences aside and come together? Separation is the key. We need to get back to our center. Our spiritual systems and customs, growing food, bartering, honoring the ancestors, respecting the elders, viewing sex as a ritual and transfer of energy. So much of what we do has been influenced through acculturation. We've lost our identity.

So to answer your question, we are not lacking anything. We all wake up day after day and go to war with evil. This system is predicated on systemic racism. There are no winners here.
Good view.