BARBERSHOP TALK: Are HOMELESS PEOPLE AND GHETTOIZED PEOPLE HOPELESS In Society?

Are HOMELESS People/People In The Ghetto HOPELESS In Society?

• Total voters

Patriarch

#straightblackpride
Daps
Every answer seems to revolve around securing bags. It's like our brains cant process happiness and success without money and a Range Rover.

Do you think the Maasai people give a fukk about an Iphone? Or a car? What relevance does that have to them?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hopeless which is always being in a piss poor state and never making it out of the gutta.

I think @Reaganomics pretty much summed up what I was about to say.... but being born into a dire situation is no consequence of our own action, but one of strategic design by the powers that be.... America runs on capitalism, and in order for capitalism to work, you need winners and losers.... we have been the losers since we were kidnapped and brought here... and that's why the system is designed to create losers from their birth....

Now, this is not indicative of any type of inferior intellect, will, desire, or character on our part.... not by any stretch and @DPresidential so poignantly illustrated that...... its just that looking at success for blacks through a white lens and making judgements based on that is unfair since we're not on the same playing field....

Black people need our own definition of success in this country

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I think @Reaganomics pretty much summed up what I was about to say.... but being born into a dire situation is no consequence of our own action, but one of strategic design by the powers that be.... America runs on capitalism, and in order for capitalism to work, you need winners and losers.... we have been the losers since we were kidnapped and brought here... and that's why the system is designed to create losers from their birth....

Now, this is not indicative of any type of inferior intellect, will, desire, or character on our part.... not by any stretch and @DPresidential so poignantly illustrated that...... its just that looking at success for blacks through a white lens and making judgements based on that is unfair since we're not on the same playing field....

Black people need our own definition of success in this country
Well this thread had something to do with us, but I meant as society in general.

KillSpray

Don't be mad
Daps
Reppin
The top of the City
I remember when I was younger like y'all, in my early 20s preoccupied with issues like this.

I'd say this, if you're truly passionate about these issues then you should see how you can engage with others out in actual society towards some kind of positive outcome. Otherwise, I guess there's some value in the academic exercise of thinking about these issues deeply, but be careful not to let it impact you too deeply emotionally. It will be a real liability for you navigating in the real world if you are keeping these thoughts buried within and you end up with that chip on your shoulder.

But I don't knock young brehs thinking deeply about the world, because on the other side of that you may come out with your own world view that you feel confident in. That's valuable to your sense of direction and purpose.

There's so much rhetoric out there to sort through, and it's good to pick it apart and see where your personal interest lies in comparison to all the different rhetoric that exists. Just remember it should all be leading toward some kind of action in the real world.

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I remember when I was younger like y'all, in my early 20s preoccupied with issues like this.

I'd say this, if you're truly passionate about these issues then you should see how you can engage with others out in actual society towards some kind of positive outcome. Otherwise, I guess there's some value in the academic exercise of thinking about these issues deeply, but be careful not to let it impact you too deeply emotionally. It will be a real liability for you navigating in the real world if you are keeping these thoughts buried within and you end up with that chip on your shoulder.

But I don't knock young brehs thinking deeply about the world, because on the other side of that you may come out with your own world view that you feel confident in. That's valuable to your sense of direction and purpose.

There's so much rhetoric out there to sort through, and it's good to pick it apart and see where your personal interest lies in comparison to all the different rhetoric that exists. Just remember it should all be leading toward some kind of action in the real world.
Good analysis.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
I think it's complexed I live in Hawaii and we have one of the highest homeless per capita and it's crazy to see homeless on the streets every day living in camps on the west side of the island setting up shop in downtown areas

I find it complex here in Hawaii because the cost of living is terrible so it's hard to get on your feet by yourself when your rent is depending on where you stay could be 1000$ n up and in some cases people have jobs and are still homeless on this island

In Hawaii I believe some people arnt hopeless and some are some people will rather have a roof over their head with no electricity a lot of people squat on houses so it depends I see the same homeless people everyday digging on our trash and if they took that effort into getting on track then you never know it's a very complex issue

SirReginald

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
I think it's complexed I live in Hawaii and we have one of the highest homeless per capita and it's crazy to see homeless on the streets every day living in camps on the west side of the island setting up shop in downtown areas

I find it complex here in Hawaii because the cost of living is terrible so it's hard to get on your feet by yourself when your rent is depending on where you stay could be 1000$ n up and in some cases people have jobs and are still homeless on this island

In Hawaii I believe some people arnt hopeless and some are some people will rather have a roof over their head with no electricity a lot of people squat on houses so it depends I see the same homeless people everyday digging on our trash and if they took that effort into getting on track then you never know it's a very complex issue
That's really sad to be honest.