Being an Entrepreneur Sucks

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
This is an update on some thread I did about making my own digital media company

This shyt is nooooo fun...

Well I already knew it was no fun...since I have them in my family...and it's mostly staring at the ceiling late at night looking like...

:sadcam:

Or waking up in the morning and going into shower like

giphy.gif

People talk about entreprenuership being this go get it type of deal and you constantly doing shyt..

Nah...really...you are constantly fukking waiting...

You wait 2 weeks for the SOS to tell you that your business name is available...

You wait a whole week until SOS tells you they reserved your name...

You wait another 2 week for a credit card

You wait another couple of weeks until you get certified to do business as your chosen entity...

You fukking wait...

And while you wait...you try to be productive...

Like writing business plans...designing logos...designing your website...talking to prospective employees if you can get a hold of them...doing market research...all that boring fukking shyt...

nikka

Everyday me and my nikka leave our business meetings we just look at each other like...

giphy.gif

shyt ain't fun nikka...

You ain't excited every fukking day...:wow:

You ain't like, "Yo, we gonna change the world...", You are more like..."nikka if we get a salary of 50K a year, that ain't fukking bad...":mjcry:

You spend more time thinking about how much money you don't have and how much time you don't got...instead of thinking about how much money you might possibly get and how much leisure time you have....:wow:

And when you finally get a check...you think about all the shyt you had to do to get that fukking check...you start crying all over again...

nikka I got on my knees...and threw a fukking tantrum
giphy.gif

Cause when you an entrepreneur and you first starting out...you do every fukking thing...by yourself...:mjcry:

Now think if you don't have a business partner...I at least got a nikka to do half the work and spend half the the money...:manny:

I feel bad for these nikkas out here doing this shyt solo...fukk that:shaq2:

But aye nikka, at least I got something of my own...fukk a job...if I gotta get a got damn job...nikka I am off'in myself :dame:

Until you are on your own you can't be free....

giphy.gif

Perpetual Beast

Beast Mode Always On
Daps
I told you man lol

I'm in this business and it's one of the hardest grinds ever.

Last deal I brought in, took me 47 emails, 16 phone calls, 1 personal hand written note, and 3 LinkedIn messages over 17 months just to get the prospect to hear me out for 10 minutes.

Rough rough business to test "entrepreneurship" out in

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
That's why I laugh at anyone encouraging young people to get into andrepennewership.

When you are young it is the best time to do it...

You can fukk up and try again and not ruin your life...

Like if we fail...we got valuable skills...

How many people have failed in their 40s and 50s and just lose everything...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I told you man lol

I'm in this business and it's one of the hardest grinds ever.

Last deal I brought in, took me 47 emails, 16 phone calls, 1 personal hand written note, and 3 LinkedIn messages over 17 months just to get the prospect to hear me out for 10 minutes.

Rough rough business to test "entrepreneurship" out in

We already got clients just cause of the circles we run in...like I am doing everything in person just to avoid that shyt

We were already doing a lot of things together, it's just bringing it all together under one umbrella and organization

This is just the main thing for now...3 years...won't be doing this shyt anymore....

We got web publications being planned out and scripts being written and we been talking to artists...

Year 3, if we get there, I am getting out of this shyt...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
You're doing it wrong

nikka I just made 4K in 14 days...wtf you mean...and that was only doing 20 hrs of work...and it all comes to me and I don't have overhead...and that was just out of that business...cause I still have a part-time job...

Just cause it sucks, doesn't mean it ain't profitable...

Momma ain't raise no fool...

Last edited:

Drake is God

Sweeterman
Daps
Reppin
Calabasas
We already got clients just cause of the circles we run in...like I am doing everything in person just to avoid that shyt

We were already doing a lot of things together, it's just bringing it all together under one umbrella and organization

This is just the main thing for now...3 years...won't be doing this shyt anymore....

We got web publications being planned out and scripts being written and we been talking to artists...

Year 3, if we get there, I am getting out of this shyt...

9 out of 10 small businesses fail out of every 1000 new businesses, 40% fail within the first year, and 80% would fail within 5 years, even if you make past 5 years, 80% of those businesses fail before they make it to 10 years. That leaves us with 4% of new businesses still around after 10 years.

:lupe:

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
nikka I just made 4K in 14 days...wtf you mean...and that was only doing 20 hrs of work...and it all comes to me and I don't have overhead...

Just cause it sucks, doesn't mean it ain't profitable...
If you hate it then you are doing it wrong. Maybe entrepreneurship ain't for you, or you are doing it in an area you aren't passionate about.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
If you hate it then you are doing it wrong. Maybe entrepreneurship ain't for you, or you are doing it in an area you aren't passionate about.

Uh...nikka who says you gotta like what you do to make money....

WTF...

You do what you do because you have to do it...

I like to be in control...so I became an entrepreneur...and being in control means you have responsibility...having responsibility means you gonna need to have discipline to do what you hate...

I aint having another grown ass person tell me when I have to get up, when I have to shyt, when I get to eat..you can't pay any amount of money to have me doing it...I did that shyt all through childhood, ain't doing that again...

There's nothing enjoyable about being super responsible for every single minute thing when it comes to making money...so you can pay your bills

I never met an entrepreneur that was like..I love meetings...emails...drawing up contracts, paying overhead, paying employees, and answering to fukking clients...

What is enjoyable is the fact...you get fully compensated for your labor...unlike an employee

What I love to do...is doing whatever I wanna do...whenever I wanna do it...like for example...I told my nikka, lets go to NYC...soon just to look around...and guess what...we don't gotta answer to anybody or tell anybody where we going...

I get paid and I can leave...

I don't feel like working, I don't have to work that day...

I made this thread to dispel the myth about entrepreneurship...it's not something you do because you want to have fun...and you don't pick shyt you love...you pick shyt that can make you money because you have the skills to get to the money..

Music and graphics and web site shyt is just something we happen to be good at...and it's somewhat enjoyable...

I am doing what I have to do when I am 20 something, so I can do what I wanna do when I am 40...

SheWantTheD

Veteran
Daps
Uh...nikka who says you gotta like what you do to make money....

WTF...

You do what you do because you have to do it...

I like to be in control...so I became an entrepreneur...and being in control means you have responsibility...having responsibility means you gonna need to have discipline to do what you hate...

I aint having another grown ass person tell me when I have to get up, when I have to shyt, when I get to eat..you can't pay any amount of money to have me doing it...I did that shyt all through childhood, ain't doing that again...

There's nothing enjoyable about being super responsible for every single minute thing when it comes to making money...so you can pay your bills

I never met an entrepreneur that was like..I love meetings...emails...drawing up contracts, paying overhead, paying employees, and answering to fukking clients...

What is enjoyable is the fact...you get fully compensated for your labor...unlike an employee

What I love to do...is doing whatever I wanna do...whenever I wanna do it...like for example...I told my nikka, lets go to NYC...soon just to look around...and guess what...we don't gotta answer to anybody or tell anybody where we going...

I get paid and I can leave...

I don't feel like working, I don't have to work that day...

I made this thread to dispel the myth about entrepreneurship...it's not something you do because you want to have fun...and you don't pick shyt you love...you pick shyt that can make you money because you have the skills to get to the money..

Music and graphics and web site shyt is just something we happen to be good at...and it's somewhat enjoyable...

I am doing what I have to do when I am 20 something, so I can do what I wanna do when I am 40...
nikka I ain't reading all of that.