Being an Entrepreneur Sucks

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
alot of them are idiots...and need managers...artist need managers, im even speaking for myself also...i dont got the personality too deal with ppl, i hate ppl...i want to be like ed hardy,,,,....he just created the shyt and had others did the rest

I was gonna suggest that. I want to sign you to a management deal. I'll market your shyt and you just create. We'll get you out of Buffalo.

SeveroDrgnfli

Ain't nobody tryin to get indicted.
Daps
Reppin
Always
All facts. I had my own business for almost ten years. I'm taking a break to finish school and make more money. Having a job has been nice man. The pay sucks, but not having to wonder where my next check is coming from is nice. Not being solely responsible for everything is nice.

I had employees too. Some months I paid them but I didn't pay myself. I loved it, but it's not for everyone. People romanticize it like it's fun, it's not fun. Unless you get off on power. I felt stressed because if I didn't do my thing two people didn't have enough money to pay their rent or feed their kids.

Lol I am excited to get back to it after I finish school though. Frfr. If this doesn't work out I'm going back to selling drugs.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
Best form is owning pieces of a bunch of businesses. Passive income:birdmanhands:

I still wanna do my own thing. I hate having a supervisor

Daps
Lol...

I say get a partner..you will totally need one....

Get one that is totally different than you and don't mind putting in work...

The way my partnership works is...I am the big idea guy and I am the concept guy...and business guy...I come up with everything...

My partner is more technical...and doesn't mind going with the flow...like he wanted to be a sound engineer before he met me...so he's just the type of guy that wanna just work with shyt

But the reason why we work is...I know a lot of shyt...and he know a lot of shyt...but it's two different things...and we are kinda in two different worlds

And I am more of the dude that talks a lot of shyt...just out of boredom and he really don't say much...and I actually have to ask for his input

"I be like nikka you can say something...and tell the truth..."

Also we got the a partnership agreement and everything...so we got rules

But we are both introverts and we both have the same worldview and we don't mind us being independent from each other...so we don't have issues
I'll be honest. I'm too much of a pushover to have a partnership without a contract. I'm too giving and emotional. I'm not saying he's the problem. I'm just saying this is my 4th business and I know more pitfalls than a little bit. Also, I'm a comedian so dolo is the norm. Almost a necessity.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
its hard at first but business will pick up....providing services suck....i want to sale shyt and not have to deal with people...its people that suck....esp black male clients...i see why hookers on backpage say no black men

I want to start catering to woman
:ohhh::mjtf:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Dude I know it sucks I wrote a good book, I mean an excellent fukking book and everything costs tons of money, promotion, marketing and it sucks.... All the little critiques and criticisms it fukking sucks... But I'm inspired to keep going and hopefully I break through that wall.. it sucks because alot of people dont read like they used to but that's where the stories come from. I mean you cant just put things out there in a visual medium without writing it down. It sucks because everyday I can accomplish something and I cant because my money and resources are tied. I want to create a media company too. I gotta deal with copyrights, and trademarks and LLC's. Money, money, money...

The best thing is to keep moving...

It sucks because I figured with all the promotion I put in for my book people would like to read a new story with a black protagonist who's a hero... I guess my name aint lee childs or john grisham or steven king so I dont have the work or connections to make a dent in the literary game. but I have faith it will happen for me one way or another.

I will keep plugging at it. The novels, the artwork, the merchandise, then the animated series and then the movie. hopefully in that order... it sucks but you keep building...
Damn, where are you at in this point in life (business-wise), breh?
c8DV8aA.png

What's an effective way to do market research? Like how do you find statistics without doing the legwork and just extrapolate the data I need? From where? :mindblown:

:mjcry: