Being an Entrepreneur Sucks

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Dude I know it sucks I wrote a good book, I mean an excellent fukking book and everything costs tons of money, promotion, marketing and it sucks.... All the little critiques and criticisms it fukking sucks... But I'm inspired to keep going and hopefully I break through that wall.. it sucks because alot of people dont read like they used to but that's where the stories come from. I mean you cant just put things out there in a visual medium without writing it down. It sucks because everyday I can accomplish something and I cant because my money and resources are tied. I want to create a media company too. I gotta deal with copyrights, and trademarks and LLC's. Money, money, money...

The best thing is to keep moving...

It sucks because I figured with all the promotion I put in for my book people would like to read a new story with a black protagonist who's a hero... I guess my name aint lee childs or john grisham or steven king so I dont have the work or connections to make a dent in the literary game. but I have faith it will happen for me one way or another.

I will keep plugging at it. The novels, the artwork, the merchandise, then the animated series and then the movie. hopefully in that order... it sucks but you keep building...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
What are you pressed about exactly? That hustling is hard? lol

Plenty of people would love to be in your position. Creative skills, a solid plan, making money, still in your 20's. Doesn't sound that bad to me

It's the economic uncertainty of it...

And it's not like it's a lot of money...you know...it's a little money...

So then you thinking about the present and the future at the same time and everything you do, you thinking about the present and the future...

The present is this hustling ass graphic design/web design/music production shyt...

The future isn't gonna be anything like that if there is a future for us...

We both agreed this shyt is cool...but it ain't cool...

Intellectual property is cool, royalties is cool...

Really just waiting until we can have full employees...and go do other shyt...while they work on the graphics and website designing...

5 years from now, if we still programming a fukking website...we ain't gonna be happy lmao...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Dude I know it sucks I wrote a good book, I mean an excellent fukking book and everything costs tons of money, promotion, marketing and it sucks.... All the little critiques and criticisms it fukking sucks... But I'm inspired to keep going and hopefully I break through that wall.. it sucks because alot of people dont read like they used to but that's where the stories come from. I mean you cant just put things out there in a visual medium without writing it down. It sucks because everyday I can accomplish something and I cant because my money and resources are tied. I want to create a media company too. I gotta deal with copyrights, and trademarks and LLC's. Money, money, money...

The best thing is to keep moving...

It sucks because I figured with all the promotion I put in for my book people would like to read a new story with a black protagonist who's a hero... I guess my name aint lee childs or john grisham or steven king so I dont have the work or connections to make a dent in the literary game. but I have faith it will happen for me one way or another.

I will keep plugging at it. The novels, the artwork, the merchandise, then the animated series and then the movie. hopefully in that order... it sucks but you keep building...

Ayeeeeeeeee

I always wanted to write a book, I wrote a few half assed books...ain't finished one of them...I will tho...

Writing a book is a serious fukking grind...

Congrats on finishing one...man most writers make a little to nothing, even the great ones gotta be working as creative writing professors and shyt...

Being an artist sucks...for the most part...talk about delayed gratification...

Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im solo and wouldn't trade it. I gave up on the whole raising money swinging for the fences thing. Too many snakes in that world.

Solo I can move in silence until I get enough stashed up to make a power move as a lead investor.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its hard at first but business will pick up....providing services suck....i want to sale shyt and not have to deal with people...its people that suck....esp black male clients...i see why hookers on backpage say no black men

I want to start catering to woman

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It ain't built for everyone which is why I don't understand why the coli says everyone should get into it

Everyone should try and get into it simply to see if its for them or not.

If you are a person with drive, an opportunist mindset and a knack for problem solving (creatively, socially etc.). Then why not?

You wasting your talents at those white corporations if you have those traits imo.

Take a risk.

Last edited:

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its hard at first but business will pick up....providing services suck....i want to sale shyt and not have to deal with people...its people that suck....esp black male clients...i see why hookers on backpage say no black men

I want to start catering to woman

I think that's your perfect target audience breh imo

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Ayeeeeeeeee

I always wanted to write a book, I wrote a few half assed books...ain't finished one of them...I will tho...

Writing a book is a serious fukking grind...

Congrats on finishing one...man most writers make a little to nothing, even the great ones gotta be working as creative writing professors and shyt...

Being an artist sucks...for the most part...talk about delayed gratification...

Yep I'm glad I was able to find amazon had a free publishing wing for independent writers being under a contract sucks ass if it aint a major publishing house... downside is alot of it is coming outta your pocket. writing is easy but following through with the focus to finish the story is hard for me... Sometimes I get bored sometimes I feel inspired somedays I dont feel like writing at all. but more importantly I want people to enjoy what I wrote...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Interesting :jbhmm:

websites and logos for Rappers?

Nah...rappers suck to work with to be honest with you...we do shyt for professors and business owners...

As a nikka that can rap and shyt...I hate fukking rappers as a producer...

Rappers are the worst...

Singers are the best to work with it..cause at least they have some sort of musical fukking ability...and actually makes your music better...as a producer, the dude that made my entire production better was a fukking singing ass nikka...

I wouldn't work with a rapper to do a fukking thing...

And the point I am getting at...rappers are fukking lazy...and I wouldn't do any real business with none of these nikkas. One of the reasons why we stopped fukking with producing music...

Last edited:

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
digital media tho? :patrice:

seems like a low barrier to entry :jbhmm:

Yeah...it is...it's just people don't have business sense..

Like the thing that is actually do research on the business and it's market and talk to the business owner about his or her business and show him what other businesses are doing...

So it's more like a marketing thing...

Not just..."Oh here's logo and your website..."

I do the same thing when it comes to making music for an artist or a Youtuber or whatever...

Plus people are too busy trying to race to the bottom on the price...I ain't getting out of bed for anything less than 100 dollars and 100 dollars might just get you a template or some shyt...

So instantly my price tells what I am about...a client is like a business partner...I am here to make you money...so you can give me your money the next time you wanna do something...

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Yep I'm glad I was able to find amazon had a free publishing wing for independent writers being under a contract sucks ass if it aint a major publishing house... downside is alot of it is coming outta your pocket. writing is easy but following through with the focus to finish the story is hard for me... Sometimes I get bored sometimes I feel inspired somedays I dont feel like writing at all. but more importantly I want people to enjoy what I wrote...

Yeah...

The thing about me putting out creative work...is IDK if people would like it or not...

I need to start getting back into writing, it is actually comforting...I think I'll just write for myself...

Thanks for the inspiration.