Being an Entrepreneur Sucks

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I got somebody I work with that constantly talks like this. And I really be ready to cuss him out...like...nikka, what are you DOING to think this? I don't need a motherfukking cheerleader. If you out here smiling, you ain't working hard enough.

I call it the Steve Jobs syndrome...

Me and my nikka actually be making fun of people that expect entreprenuers to talk like that.

We got big dreams...but at the end of the day...we just wanna make cool shyt...not like we tryna get the cure for HIV

Daps
I call it the Steve Jobs syndrome...

Me and my nikka actually be making fun of people that expect entreprenuers to talk like that.

We got big dreams...but at the end of the day...we just wanna make cool shyt...not like we tryna get the cure for HIV
Exactly. This dude I'm talmbout be talmbout "we" a little bit too much. Like, we working together on specific stuff but don't get it fukked up, just because I'm talking about something doesn't mean you're involved. I'm halfway to cutting it off almost entirely because folks can't acknowledge boundaries. Because everytime I turn around it seems like I'M doing something and he's just fukking THERE, to talk about how it's WE. Shiiiiieet. I can do a lot of this shyt on my own. But maybe I'm not cut out to have a team partner. I prefer shyt on a deal to deal basis. Too many motherfukkers tryna be friends out here.

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
:manny: Gotta stay with it fam. Been doing this shyt damn near 5 years now. Didn't really start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel till about 18 months ago. Just stay strong breh. This shyt ain't for the weak.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Dude I know it sucks I wrote a good book, I mean an excellent fukking book and everything costs tons of money, promotion, marketing and it sucks.... All the little critiques and criticisms it fukking sucks... But I'm inspired to keep going and hopefully I break through that wall.. it sucks because alot of people dont read like they used to but that's where the stories come from. I mean you cant just put things out there in a visual medium without writing it down. It sucks because everyday I can accomplish something and I cant because my money and resources are tied. I want to create a media company too. I gotta deal with copyrights, and trademarks and LLC's. Money, money, money...

The best thing is to keep moving...

It sucks because I figured with all the promotion I put in for my book people would like to read a new story with a black protagonist who's a hero... I guess my name aint lee childs or john grisham or steven king so I dont have the work or connections to make a dent in the literary game. but I have faith it will happen for me one way or another.

I will keep plugging at it. The novels, the artwork, the merchandise, then the animated series and then the movie. hopefully in that order... it sucks but you keep building...

:feedme: where a brotha copy

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Exactly. This dude I'm talmbout be talmbout "we" a little bit too much. Like, we working together on specific stuff but don't get it fukked up, just because I'm talking about something doesn't mean you're involved. I'm halfway to cutting it off almost entirely because folks can't acknowledge boundaries. Because everytime I turn around it seems like I'M doing something and he's just fukking THERE, to talk about how it's WE. Shiiiiieet. I can do a lot of this shyt on my own. But maybe I'm not cut out to have a team partner. I prefer shyt on a deal to deal basis. Too many motherfukkers tryna be friends out here.

Lol...

I say get a partner..you will totally need one....

Get one that is totally different than you and don't mind putting in work...

The way my partnership works is...I am the big idea guy and I am the concept guy...and business guy...I come up with everything...

My partner is more technical...and doesn't mind going with the flow...like he wanted to be a sound engineer before he met me...so he's just the type of guy that wanna just work with shyt

But the reason why we work is...I know a lot of shyt...and he know a lot of shyt...but it's two different things...and we are kinda in two different worlds

And I am more of the dude that talks a lot of shyt...just out of boredom and he really don't say much...and I actually have to ask for his input

"I be like nikka you can say something...and tell the truth..."

Also we got the a partnership agreement and everything...so we got rules

But we are both introverts and we both have the same worldview and we don't mind us being independent from each other...so we don't have issues

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
? why do u say that

In regards to your art..esp if you sell your pieces.

There's some art gallery near where I used to live and it's visitors are mostly filled with women. Also I did a year at college and all the expressive arts stuff was filled with women. Even looking on the gram, it's more females than males who tend to like and follow a lot of the artistic/illustrative instagrams.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In regards to your art..esp if you sell your pieces.

There's some art gallery near where I used to live and it's visitors are mostly filled with women. Also I did a year at college and all the expressive arts stuff was filled with women. Even looking on the gram, it's more females than males who tend to like and follow a lot of the artistic/illustrative instagrams.
word....yeah

woman are easier to deal with in business actually also, they aren't haters...and its fun to create for them because I can be more creative. They appreciate abstract art also....im tired of fukking with the urban game period and the graphic design game....on all levels.....i rather do sophisticated shyt anyway...real pretty shyt real colorful shyt.......

dudes want wack shyt, one fool wanted me to design a mixtape cover with a kool aid jar filled with lean....cracked glass, with lean coming out...im like :francis: then looked at my car note and was like :jbhmm:.....i never ended up doing it, but the point is, it suck when u have to do shyt u dont want to do....and i hate graphic design...logos , flyers, all that shyt suck....im an real artist...not no damn designer...but its whatever, it beats a warehouse i suppose

MrPentatonic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
word....yeah

woman are easier to deal with in business actually also, they aren't haters...and its fun to create for them because I can be more creative. They appreciate abstract art also....im tired of fukking with the urban game period and the graphic design game....on all levels.....i rather do sophisticated shyt anyway...real pretty shyt real colorful shyt.......

dudes want wack shyt, one fool wanted me to design a mixtape cover with a kool aid jar filled with lean....cracked glass, with lean coming out...im like :francis: then looked at my car note and was like :jbhmm:.....i never ended up doing it, but the point is, it suck when u have to do shyt u dont want to do....and i hate graphic design...logos , flyers, all that shyt suck....im an real artist...not no damn designer...but its whatever, it beats a warehouse i suppose

As a former music producer, my dislike for the rappers runs deep lol.

I hear you though

Your stuff is good though so you will get there in the end, just a matter of sailing in the right direction and weathering the storm.

• Dap
Reactions: DrX

cheek100

Truuu
Supporter
Daps
Well it sure as shyt don't take 2 weeks to get cleared by the sec of state :coffee:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Well it sure as shyt don't take 2 weeks to get cleared by the sec of state :coffee:

yeah not sure what hes talking about.. the only thing that takes more than a day to start a business legally is the time period your ad has to wait in the news paper :heh: maybe its different in other states :yeshrug:

I cant relate to a single thing in the original post :yeshrug: every job has stress, rather its your own business or working for someone else :yeshrug:

the stuff you are doing is basic day to day shyt that could be applicable to really any regular job.. if you are complaining about doing regular day to day tasks that are expected to make your business thrive sounds like owning a business might not be for you :ld:

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As a former music producer, my dislike for the rappers runs deep lol.

I hear you though

Your stuff is good though so you will get there in the end, just a matter of sailing in the right direction and weathering the storm.

alot of them are idiots...and need managers...artist need managers, im even speaking for myself also...i dont got the personality too deal with ppl, i hate ppl...i want to be like ed hardy,,,,....he just created the shyt and had others did the rest