Best Moments Of The Sting vs nWo Feud?

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
It's over, it happened, it can't be changed, it will never happen again and Hogan was an old man....:mjlol:
Fine my point was it's not really a Stan war here since I wasn't even a big sting guy my point was business wise it killed sting as a babyface the starrcade match that is

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Fine my point was it's not really a Stan war here since I wasn't even a big sting guy my point was business wise it killed sting as a babyface the starrcade match that is

But the goal was never to kill Sting off as a babyface just to draw more money at the Superbrawl rematch.

Daps
Reppin
Maryland by way of DC
I would have booked Starrcade so that Hogan would have dropped the leg on Sting three times, like he did to Savage at BATB when he, Hall and Nash formed the nWo. I would have had Sting kick out then hit Hogan with three Stinger Splashes or three Scorpion Deathdrops as a type of symbolism and have Sting go over Hogan clean with no type of fukkery or bullshyt. From there, you could have started the disintegration of the nWo from within storyline and gave Hogan his rematch but still have Sting go over in the rematch. All while continuing the split or total breakup of the nWo.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
I would have booked Starrcade so that Hogan would have dropped the leg on Sting three times, like he did to Savage at BATB when he, Hall and Nash formed the nWo. I would have had Sting kick out then hit Hogan with three Stinger Splashes or three Scorpion Deathdrops as a type of symbolism and have Sting go over Hogan clean with no type of fukkery or bullshyt. From there, you could have started the disintegration of the nWo from within storyline and gave Hogan his rematch but still have Sting go over in the rematch. All while continuing the split or total breakup of the nWo.

full

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
First of all

the entire storyline was the cause of dusty finishes / run ins / beatdown cliffhangers on nitro for a year...this got INCREDIBLY TIRING and i was done by the time starcade came around. Secondly; the story wasn't botched because they messed something up or because hogan didn't lose clean...wcw started losing BECAUSE STONE COLD WON ROYAL RUMBLE a month later and won the title after. this was PRIME AUSTIN time and he just put them dudes to bed.

Sting has never ever been a draw at the top. The moment he won the belt wwf started to turn the tables. Hogan was supposed to lose clean sure but it didn't matter because you were left with sting with no mystery or aura forced to talk; that is a LOSERS BET.

you guys overhyping everything Sting is the equivilent of 2015 cena fans...

eff sting

and eff jeff jarrett

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
also

the "best written story ever" my ASS

megapowers explode >>>>>>>>>
Hogan vs. Andre >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
austin vs. the corporation >>>>>>>>>>
hbk vs taker 25/26 >>>>>>>>>>>>
dusty rhodes vs. horsemen with baby doll betrayal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jake roberts vs. Savage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jake vs. steamboat, blinding him >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

please :camby: you are in here talking about "it was great until....." actually discrediting this storyline lol

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
First of all

the entire storyline was the cause of dusty finishes / run ins / beatdown cliffhangers on nitro for a year...this got INCREDIBLY TIRING and i was done by the time starcade came around. Secondly; the story wasn't botched because they messed something up or because hogan didn't lose clean...wcw started losing BECAUSE STONE COLD WON ROYAL RUMBLE a month later and won the title after. this was PRIME AUSTIN time and he just put them dudes to bed.

Sting has never ever been a draw at the top. The moment he won the belt wwf started to turn the tables. Hogan was supposed to lose clean sure but it didn't matter because you were left with sting with no mystery or aura forced to talk; that is a LOSERS BET.

you guys overhyping everything Sting is the equivilent of 2015 cena fans...

eff sting

and eff jeff jarrett

nikka you must be the only one who found it "incredibly tiring" because the crowd was lit for it the entire way through. Nobody got bigger pops than Sting in 97 - NOBODY. This isn't revisionist history - the proof is in the pudding, the proof is on YouTube in countless videos. To have a guy be THAT over without speaking a single word or wrestling a single match is unbelievable.

This storyline - It was perfectly written. You've got the ultimate blonde haired blue eyed all-america babyface, who is the heart and soul of this company.. and these dark evil outsiders come to take over. The heart and soul of this company is being doubted his friends, colleagues and fans.. so what does he do? He snaps, he goes dark, nobody sees him for a while.. he comes back and he's totally different, long hair, different facepaint, black trenchcoat. Nobody knows what he's doing, who he's alligned with, and he draws it out for a bit before he makes it clear he's out to get rid of the nWo. But that doesn't mean he's buddy buddy with WCW. He starts testing WCW guys to see if he can trust them. He builds a little coalition of guys he knows he can trust. nWo runs rampant on WCW for a year, Hogan dominates everyone, but they KNOW there is one guy lurking in the shadows that can fukk their shyt up at a moments notice. Literally every week it was, OK this is cool and all, but WHERE is Sting?

I mean you had three different storylines at work here. Sting vs. nWo, WCW vs. nWo, and Sting low-key vs. WCW because they really didn't trust him and he's pissed about it but doesn't want the nWo taking over. shyt was just pure piff :whew:

Maybe the storyline was botched because of the fukked up Starrcade ending, maybe it would have lost steam even if Sting went over strong, doens't really matter to me.. doesn't change the fact that from Sting's return up until Starrcade was some of the most well-written wrestling TV ever. You wanna throw Austin-McMahon at me? I can accept that but I'm not tryna hear about no shyt that happened in the 80s when Hogan/Andre/Savage only had to appear on TV once a month if that.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Maybe the storyline was botched because of the fukked up Starrcade ending, maybe it would have lost steam even if Sting went over strong, doens't really matter to me.. doesn't change the fact that from Sting's return up until Starrcade was some of the most well-written wrestling TV ever.

first of all sting doesn't have ANY pops as big as austin at summerslam 97, OR when he won the title from HBK...PLEASE don't dare tt me about proof when it comes to austin vs. sting. secondly, you just ethered yourself with the bolded because austin vs. mcmahon was so good that it lasted years and years and years and never got tired :camby:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
also,

theres a reason we watched nitro and raw like this:

hour 1 - nitro (raw wasn't on yet)
hour 2 - watch the intro to raw, see the matches, watch nitro for the luchadore matches, whichever was stronger
hour 3 - nitro UNTIL THE MAIN EVENTS, then RAW, because YOU KNEW the end of nitro / overrun was gonna be a dusty finish and beatdown.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
first of all sting doesn't have ANY pops as big as austin at summerslam 97, OR when he won the title from HBK...PLEASE don't dare tt me about proof when it comes to austin vs. sting. secondly, you just ethered yourself with the bolded because austin vs. mcmahon was so good that it lasted years and years and years and never got tired :camby:

Summerslam 97? :dahell: That wasn't even that big of a pop. Easily not even a top 5 Austin pop and I can easily give you five bigger Sting pops than that.

The only Austin reaction that can maybe rival that is when he came back to help Foley win the strap.

Anyway, like I said.. I'm fine with you comparing Austin-McMahon, they are neck and neck to me. Austin-McMahon had more legs, but that was majorly because of the emergence of The Rock. That storyline would have been played out a lot quicker if Rock hadn't stepped up go toe to toe with Austin.