Best Rapper Alive - 1993 (IF YOUR MVP CHOICE ISN'T ON POLL, MAKE A REQUEST IN THREAD)

Who is the MVP of 1993?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
Doggystyle was just fukking immense. I wouldn't say it's better than The Chronic though. The thing about Doggystyle is its not very serious. It sort of fits in with Snoop's personality being different to Dre's, Dre is really intense and Snoop is more of a laid back comedian type.

So I would personally rate The Chronic higher because it is such a serious album while Doggystyle is more a fun album. There's no tracks like The Day the nikkaz Took Over or Stranded on Death Row on Doggystyle, and there's no tracks like Ain't No Fun or Lodi Dodi on The Chronic.

Doggystyle is definitely the best album of '93 so I voted Snoop.

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
Doggystyle was just fukking immense. I wouldn't say it's better than The Chronic though. The thing about Doggystyle is its not very serious. It sort of fits in with Snoop's personality being different to Dre's, Dre is really intense and Snoop is more of a laid back comedian type.

So I would personally rate The Chronic higher because it is such a serious album while Doggystyle is more a fun album. There's no tracks like The Day the nikkaz Took Over or Stranded on Death Row on Doggystyle, and there's no tracks like Ain't No Fun or Lodi Dodi on The Chronic.

Doggystyle is definitely the best album of '93 so I voted Snoop.

When I said amateurish by comparison I was more referring to the sound on Doggystyle vs. The Chronic. You can tell Dre made some improvements the shyt sounds way cleaner, probably mixed and mastered better than the predecessor. But in terms of WHAT it sounds like, that's individual preference as well as the content of the album. Both A1 albums.

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
For those who thought Cube was a one tricky pony with angry socio-political raps...

but then he still had semblances of Death Certificate Cube

Cave bytch is one of my all time favourites

"Soon as daddy finds out you a jigaboo, he'll kill like he did Emmett Till" :whew:

"You can't get mine ho, I'd rather fukk an albino" :mjlol: savage!

Other tracks I really liked off Lethal Injection are Make it Ruff, Make it Smooth, Ghetto Bird, and Enemy

Daps
Cave bytch is one of my all time favourites

"Soon as daddy finds out you a jigaboo, he'll kill like he did Emmett Till" :whew:

"You can't get mine ho, I'd rather fukk an albino" :mjlol: savage!

Other tracks I really liked off Lethal Injection are Make it Ruff, Make it Smooth, Ghetto Bird, and Enemy

You Know How We Do It and Ghetto Bird are my top 2 on Lethal Injection

Underrated album. 8.5/10.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
#bracoli
#tpc

Snoop Dogg got this.

Doggystyle was massive, and even that is underselling it. Not to mention, the quality is outstanding, I think it makes The Chronic look relatively amateurish by comparison.

Honourable mentions to Cube for continuing his early 90s rampage with the now g-funk inspired Lethal Injection. Also to Method Man for being the standout star for the greatest rap group to ever grace the genre. Buckshot and KRS did well to represent and further the progress of boom bap.

Great year for hip-hop.

@mobbinfms @Billy Ocean @MidnightMercenary @JayOne @kingofnyc @Black_Panther_JS @smitty22 @BmoreGorilla @Illeye buckmatic @ISO @Deucage @stomachlines

and sorry to those I forgot
:patrice:
I didn't get a notification for the tag breh. I wonder if anyone else did? :patrice:
@Billy Ocean @JayOne @kingofnyc @Black_Panther_JS @smitty22 @BmoreGorilla @Illeye buckmatic @ISO @Deucage @stomachlines @gabbo @TheDarceKnight @Ayo!-BEZ

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Was a hell of a year.

Some names that come to mind while I'm thinking about it....

Inspectah Deck
Q Tip
KRS-One
Spice 1
Mac Mall
K-Rino
Scarface
Tragedy Khadafi
Queen Latiah
Big Daddy Kane
2Pac
Fat Joe
Ice T
Wise Intelligent
GZA and Dirty really stood out on 36 as well.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Remarkable how these two albums came out the same damn day
:blessed:

full

1308779469_wu_tang_clan_enter_the_wu_tang_36_chambers-f.jpg

does anyone remember Nov 9th 1993 and what they did that day?
No clue. I do remember buying 36 and Lethal Injection the same day. :blessed:
Back then, I was 13 and had no idea about release dates.
I didn't really start following that until summer 96.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Legit one of the toughest years to decide.
I'd probably go with Snoop, Cube or Treach in the top 3. Its a shame Redman cant be eligible cause he didnt drop an album that year but during that time I think most heads would include him.

I'd probably add Q-Tip for Midnight Marauders and from the Wu you could go with Deck too