Beyonce- Black is King

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this shyt is definitely going to play into the hands of people who think bey and jay are Illuminati :mjlol:

i think it looks cool though. :yeshrug:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This ain’t no film :beli:

It’s just a mash up of African influence images and scenes cut between Beyoncé music videos :leostare:

Seems like outtakes or stuff from projects Beyoncé didn’t feel like was good enough to be released previously :manny:

They just decided to throw it all together, sell it to apple and make some money and jump on the afrobeats wave thats really taking off right now

Yea I watched it, don’t get me wrong :hubie:

But I’ve seen Solange music videos are better than this :banderas:

Last edited:

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
This ain’t no film :beli:

It’s just a mash up of African influence images, scenes cut between Beyoncé music videos :leostare:

Seems like outtakes or stuff from projects Beyoncé didn’t feel like was good enough to be released previously :manny:

They just decided to throw it all together, sell it to apple and make some money

and I watched it, don’t get me wrong :hubie:

But I’ve seen Solange music videos are better than this :banderas:

Im not no Beyhive but let me educate ya.

The Mouse and Bey got a deal worth millions
Beyonce "in talks for $100million Disney deal" to work on three movies

This was the first of THREE films as part of her $100 million deal with DISNEY. This film was made in connection to her “Lion King” soundtrack that she dropped last year.

And since the movie took place in Africa, she wanted to do her own interpretation of the “Lion King” story with black folks showcasing their culture and their pride. Instead of portrayed as animals, they are showcased as kings and queens. Black Royalty :blessed:

And this was shown on Disney+ which is one of the biggest streaming platforms in the world and little black girls and boys are going to watch this and be inspired the same way we got inspired watching MJ’s Moonwalker.

You best put some respeck on Mrs. Carter’s name.:ufdup:

ApolloStark

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im not no Beyhive but let me educate ya.

The Mouse and Bey got a deal worth millions
Beyonce "in talks for $100million Disney deal" to work on three movies

This was the first of THREE films as part of her $100 million deal with DISNEY. This film was made in connection to her “Lion King” soundtrack that she dropped last year.

And since the movie took place in Africa, she wanted to do her own interpretation of the “Lion King” story with black folks showcasing their culture and their pride. Instead of portrayed as animals, they are showcased as kings and queens. Black Royalty :blessed:

And this was shown on Disney+ which is one of the biggest streaming platforms in the world and little black girls and boys are going to watch this and be inspired the same way we got inspired watching MJ’s Moonwalker.

You best put some respeck on Mrs. Carter’s name.:ufdup:

yea I'm with you bruh. I'm not really sure I buy into all the whole "they're just pandering" narrative that nikkas in this thread seem to be promoting. is it because this has been a sudden shift in her persona? can someone tell me the rationale for thinking that?

and even if you do and I can see the argument, at the end of the day black kids are gonna watch that and believe "black" isn't everything it's been portrayed to be for the past how many years. pandering or no pandering, how can that ever be a bad thing? always reminds me of 2 Muhammad ali and malcolm x clips where they talk about the negative connotations always associated with "black." black is evil, black is dirty etc. etc. but now we've got a film on DISNEY no less titled "BLACK IS KING"

give them a fukking break my coli brethren

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
this my thing

the self aggrandizement is not necessary to the project

she could have kept herself & family out the center of the project

let those that are doing the heavy lifting have center stage the film is about them it's their film really

to say a film by beyonce is a fallacy

it's a lot of good in there

that part is just off.putting & the stanbase makes it worse

they gonna go crazy like every bit of the project came from her mind & talent

i advise anyone with perspectives that may be somewhat similar don't post that shyte anywhere the beyhive may be prevalent

they ain't got no understanding ha

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this my thing

the self aggrandizement is not necessary to the project

she could have kept herself & family out the center of the project

let those that are doing the heavy lifting have center stage the film is about them it's their film really

to say a film by beyonce is a fallacy

it's a lot of good in there

that part is just off.putting & the stanbase makes it worse

they gonna go crazy like every bit of the project came from her mind & talent

i advise anyone with perspectives that may be somewhat similar don't post that shyte anywhere the beyhive may be prevalent

they ain't got no understanding ha

She kinda jumping on the Africa/Afrobeats wave at an opportune time honestly

Best thing about this film was Tiwa Savage :hubie:

I don’t think a lot of these artist need Beyoncé co-sign or backing their projects

Personally I prefer when Beyoncé sticks to her lane and does films about Black People like that Netflix documentary on black colleges and their bands

I liked that better.

This African king/religious stuff was too abstract and extra for my taste especially for an entire 1hr plus film

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
She kinda jumping on the Africa/Afrobeats wave at an opportune time honestly

Best thing about this film was Tiwa Savage :hubie:

I don’t think a lot of these artist need Beyoncé co-sign or backing their projects

Personally I prefer when Beyoncé sticks to her lane and does films about Black People like that Netflix documentary on black colleges and their bands

I liked that better.

This African king/religious stuff was too abstract and extra for my taste especially for an entire 1hr plus film
to me it would be better if she just had a feature role

let the artist responsible for the project take center stage fully

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Even though I'm super bias with anything Beyonce does because of my wife's involvement, but looking from a straight regular perspective, it was FIRE. The visuals are next level.
Visuals are a 10/10

the music was a 6/10. Just mid

that Jay verse was awful too