Biden Rejects Medicare for All

tuckgod

The high exalted
Daps
This article is misleading as fukk. There's basically 2 versions of "Medicare for All". We can call them the Sanders version and the Warren version. Biden doesn't support the Sanders version, which raises tax on everyone and eliminates private insurance. He supports a public option that is closer to the Warren version.

Medicare for all is great until you have to explain how you pay for it. Alot of middle class people don't want to see a significant amount more of money coming from their paycheck.

I pay 600 a month for insurance with a $6000 deductible.

fukk is you talking about?

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
I really don't get this "impact to my paycheck" thing :mindblown:
I'm pretty much the poster child of a middle class person paying too many taxes. I live in a dual 6 figure household with no dependents.
I doubt many ppl on this site write a check as large as I do on April 15th, and this is after the tons of payroll tax my wife and I pay thru the year
yet I STILL support M4A (and free state college) cause I realize a random cancer diagnosis or bad accident that puts me in the ICU for two weeks will completely bankrupt me
Majority americans don't have $1000 for emergency event and if you lose your job you pretty much lose your "insurance you like" now anyway and get some fugazi ass $2000 a month CORBA bullshyt offered to you
Is mofos really that pressed over paying extra $100-200 in payroll taxes a month (ignoring any premiums they save on)
I don't get the short term thinking of bytching over a single digit tax increase in exchange for two of the most expensive things in our society being completely free
I make far less than you do and would be totally fine with paying more taxes for healthcare, I don't get the impact to my paycheck thing either

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
What in the article contradicts any of those posts? Did you read it?
Because Medicare for all is not the only way to achieve universal healthcare

and Biden has campaigning on enhancing Obamacare since day one.

coli posters in here saying Biden is trump based on a hit piece story that ignores what’s being actually talked about

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I really don't get this "impact to my paycheck" thing :mindblown:
I'm pretty much the poster child of a middle class person paying too many taxes. I live in a dual 6 figure household with no dependents.
I doubt many ppl on this site write a check as large as I do on April 15th, and this is after the tons of payroll tax my wife and I pay thru the year
yet I STILL support M4A (and free state college) cause I realize a random cancer diagnosis or bad accident that puts me in the ICU for two weeks will completely bankrupt me
Majority americans don't have $1000 for emergency event and if you lose your job you pretty much lose your "insurance you like" now anyway and get some fugazi ass $2000 a month CORBA bullshyt offered to you
Is mofos really that pressed over paying extra $100-200 in payroll taxes a month (ignoring any premiums they save on)
I don't get the short term thinking of bytching over a single digit tax increase in exchange for two of the most expensive things in our society being completely free

Absolutely agreed.

People are retarded.

adexkola

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

coli posters in here saying Biden is trump based on a hit piece story that ignores what’s being actually talked about

By the way how is Obamacare doing? Any chance it survives the latest Supreme Court case?

Daps
You're conflating healthcare costs(co-pays paid to insurance companies) with tax costs, which is money taken from an individuals pay check to support these programs. Most people support single payer style healthcare until they hear how it would have to impact their paychecks. Then they basically change their stance to the public option that Warren promotes.

That number also assumed Medicare for All could keep the current cap that Medicare has. I’m not entirely sure how that works out if there’s no private industry to offset the reduced Medicare pricing.

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You're conflating healthcare costs(co-pays paid to insurance companies) with tax costs, which is money taken from an individuals pay check to support these programs. Most people support single payer style healthcare until they hear how it would have to impact their paychecks. Then they basically change their stance to the public option that Warren promotes.
nikka you don't get free healthcare from your employer. He is taking your pay before he cuts you the check.

Most insurance from employers cost thousands a year. That is money going into your pocket when medicare for all passes. Thus, neutralizing the increase. It also insures the 80 million uninsured and guarantees no one goes bankrupt for getting sick. I swear americans are some shallow ass people.

"I don't want to share even if I don't lose anything. I just want to keep myself as a power."

Daps
Depends on how the law is written. In retrospect Obamacare would have been much stronger with the public option that moderate Democrats nuked

moderate Dems nuked? You mean Dems from red states that allowed the Dems to retain control of the senate for most of Obama’s presidency?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

Medicare for all is a much easier and simpler way to universal healthcare than "enhancing Obamacare"

Republicans have been dismantling Obamacare since it launched; Medicare is a sacred cow they can't touch. How does it make sense to try and build on the former over the latter?

And you still didn't answer what in the article contradicted what anyone was saying, or if YOU even read it.

Daps
nikka you don't get free healthcare from your employer. He is taking your pay before he cuts you the check.

Most insurance from employers cost thousands a year. That is money going into your pocket when medicare for all passes. Thus, neutralizing the increase. It also insures the 80 million uninsured and guarantees no one goes bankrupt for getting sick. I swear americans are some shallow ass people.

"I don't want to share even if I don't lose anything. I just want to keep myself as a power."

wouldn’t the money the employer is currently giving to the insurance company just go to the new payroll tax to cover Medicare for all? And isn’t the employer who wasn’t paying insurance for someone covered under their spouses plan now also paying the tax?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, this ain’t gonna work right now lol. Coronavirus done said fukk all y’all politics