Biden Rejects Medicare for All

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't get this "impact to my paycheck" thing :mindblown:
I'm pretty much the poster child of a middle class person paying too many taxes. I live in a dual 6 figure household with no dependents.
I doubt many ppl on this site write a check as large as I do on April 15th, and this is after the tons of payroll tax my wife and I pay thru the year
yet I STILL support M4A (and free state college) cause I realize a random cancer diagnosis or bad accident that puts me in the ICU for two weeks will completely bankrupt me
Majority americans don't have $1000 for emergency event and if you lose your job you pretty much lose your "insurance you like" now anyway and get some fugazi ass $2000 a month CORBA bullshyt offered to you
Is mofos really that pressed over paying extra $100-200 in payroll taxes a month (ignoring any premiums they save on)
I don't get the short term thinking of bytching over a single digit tax increase in exchange for two of the most expensive things in our society being completely free

I feel you, I could go either way but what you don't get to do is decide how people want to spend their money. Alot of people don't get sick enough to where they see the benefit of insurance, which is why Obama's individual mandate was so unpopular. Maybe fix your messaging and people will be more receptive. Just a thought.

nikka you don't get free healthcare from your employer. He is taking your pay before he cuts you the check.

Most insurance from employers cost thousands a year. That is money going into your pocket when medicare for all passes. Thus, neutralizing the increase. It also insures the 80 million uninsured and guarantees no one goes bankrupt for getting sick. I swear americans are some shallow ass people.

"I don't want to share even if I don't lose anything. I just want to keep myself as a power."

Where in my post this I claim this:what:

You nikkas make up points to argue against yourself...

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
@Dorian Breh
Why'd you neg me?
I'm sure that I'm right. Have you never heard of the profit motive? Human nature?

If I'm wrong, do you have a counterpoint?

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
wouldn’t the money the employer is currently giving to the insurance company just go to the new payroll tax to cover Medicare for all? And isn’t the employer who wasn’t paying insurance for someone covered under their spouses plan now also paying the tax?

its much more than 4%. WAY MORE. It's like 20% right now. It's the reason small business owners were scared as shyt when obamacare launched because it mandated insurance to full time employees but a compromise came in that only if you had over 50 employees.

Imagine paying 60% more in wages simply because you got 3 full time employees.

TDUBB

All Star
Daps
Im against giving people who aren’t financially literate free money. Unless Andrew Yang had a plan to provide financial education to poor and middle class families then I’d support him.

Yes he did. He wanted to incorporate financial programs in high schools. Google it. It's all there.