Bill Cosby Infamous Pound Cake Speech -highlights

Should his public speech have been held against him in releasing the sealed testimony?

• Yes

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 65.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I've said it before and I'll say it again for the RECORD

There was not an OUNCE of c00ning in that speech

Cosby was attempting to appeal to blacks through exposing the ridculousness of the situations that a segment (not everyone mind you) ALLOW ourselves to wallow in.

He basically gave you the real life version of Aaron Mcgruder's Dr King Speech from the Boondocks.

He wasn't speaking to white people to get props for "respectability politics" he was speaking DIRECTLY to US as black people to first and foremost RESPECT OURSELVES enough to NOT shun education, enlightment, and knowledge of self.

People gonna call you a c00n and try to beg you, but you right. Look at how people who shytted on Cosby since that speech, lives have been. The OOW birth rate is insane, people openly clown our would-be engineers, politicians, and doctors; destroying their potential before it forms, music has gotten even more negative, and so on.

But Farrakhan amd Dr. Claude Anderson made speeches that were worse than this by far, but no one said a word.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Maybe he could have worded it better, but his bottom line is accountability in the black community. There is nothing c00nish about promoting that.

I'd admit that Cosby was generalizing a bit much, but he done nothing but love and positivity for the culture.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
my question is if black people listened to what bill said, would that hurt or harm the black community? :jbhmm:

its actually sick that we are trained to welcome destructive music 24/7 but this is what the black community chose to be up in arms about. :martin:

Nobody likes to hear the truth about themselves. Do I think stealing pound cake warrants a shooting? Of course not. However like Bill said, why the fukk are you stealing in the first place? No accountability on the part of yourself or your parents :manny:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Also don't forget that bill capped for Zimmerman too after the trial.

Like I said before I don't care for bill based on his background during the civil rights movement. But at the same time bill is being set up.

Also I read and heard the speech when he said it years ago. Also remember bill going on shows like bill orielly to discuss black pathology. Felt the shyt was dumb as hell speaking on black issues on Fox News when that shyt was gonna get flipped and use to push a negative image on blacks because that is what Fox News is all about.

No it ain't right that the judge used Bill's speech but when white folks want your ass they gonna use whatever they can. shyt was dumb on bill's part because like so many he thought he couldn't be touched. The Cos should have been on the first plane out the country instead of thinking folks weren't gonna get his ass.

Last edited:

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
my question is if black people listened to what bill said, would that hurt or harm the black community? :jbhmm:

its actually sick that we are trained to welcome destructive music 24/7 but this is what the black community chose to be up in arms about. :martin:

The years pass by, and people who hated his message, their lives have not gotten any better.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
my question is if black people listened to what bill said, would that hurt or harm the black community?
listening to the narrative that our lives deserve to be justifiably taken for stealing poundcake? believing our problems are from sagging our pants, and being given "ghetto" names? :dead:

if those are our problems, and white supremacy isn't--why doesn't bill deserve to get rail roaded for his moral failings?

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
listening to the narrative that our lives deserve to be justifiably taken for stealing poundcake? believing our problems are from sagging our pants, and being given "ghetto" names? :dead:

if those are our problems, and white supremacy isn't--why doesn't bill deserve to get rail roaded for his moral failings?

that's all you got out the entire speech? sounds like he hurt your feelings :yeshrug:

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
hold up hold up hold up:martin::martin::martin:

this was posted after the whole Hannibal "revelation"( or whatever u wanna call it)

and im sure most of u was hating on this speech:dame:

now it seems like the world is against cosby n all of a sudden i see people saying" well its not that bad:ld:,"

....u dudes aint shyt :martin:

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
what's terrible about it? i'm asking you. if a white man gave that speech, would you be okay with it?

we're talking about a black man who addressed his speech to black people. miss me with all these hypotheticals.

like i said, u can do and believe what you want.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
you sound very feminine with this condescending tone crap. was his advice helpful or harmful to the black community?

Did it help the black community, no it did not. To be honest Bill didn't say anything my grandma didn't say. Again, I'm not saying what he said was wrong but it did absolutely nothing positive for him or the black community. It didn't inspire people, everybody has their feelings about Farrakhan but when that man speaks nikkas get motivated. Bill did not, that's where the condescending tone came in and the manner he addressed the crowd "THOSE PEOPLE."

And of course the white media had new sound clips for Fox News, CNN, MSNBC. There was a whole 2 weeks of white people discussing "What's wrong with the Black community." and putting that negative spotlight on us. I did see this speech referenced in future situations like the Mike Brown killing. Not to mention it distanced Bill's popularity with a lot of black folks young and old.

Regardless of the intentions of the speech it was very damaging career wise for him and did absolutely nothing for the black community. Obviously there are bigger causes of problems in the black community than a Bill Cosby speech. But it also bothers me how he conveniently doesn't touch on how their is a system designed to fail us. Obviously it is on us to fix it but he's on that Stephen A Smith bullshyt were he has no problem going in on his people. Will he say anything about the fukked up about the judicial or education system that plays in a part in the shyt he criticizing, no that would upset the white people who give him money.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
we'll accept THIS tho

Married to the mob, bury you alive
My girl p*ssy feel like heaven to a God
And I came in this bytch with my nikkas
Kidnap the baby and the fukkin' babysitter, yeah
I be doin' me, don't give a fukk bout what you doin'
Blood gang bytch, big B's, Boston Bruins
I could do this shyt, eyes closed, nothin' to it